Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    1) Rev, glad you're OK. For such a young and active guy, getting a DVT at all is a little odd, so might want to see if you can get worked up by a Hematologist to see if you have a hereditary predisposition or some such to see if there's a detectable underlying issue. Famous female rad skier was diagnosed much like you were (quite unexpectedly), and was found to have such a predisposition. You say your insurance is good, might be worth investigation.

2) Hemochromatosis is not uncommon (but still generally fairly rare) in peops of Euro descent, NOT picked up with standard screening tests. Also, not related too much with DVTs.

3) DasCunt doesn't know when to stop digging, does he? No, dumbshit, gout is not an immune reaction, it's fucking uric acid overload.
    Don't you love this new "everything is caused by inflammation/immune overreaction" fad? All the cool kids are buying into it.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Life is a weird calculus that doesn't always add up the way we thought it would....but the equation is quite grand.
    Pretty epic quote, dude.

Whoa, that could have been much worse.

Three years ago I seriously injured both of my knees crashing into a snow making tower at Mach looney. After having two surgeries (one on each knee) in a two week span I began to notice I had a sharp pain in the middle left side of my back, a pain that got significantly worse with breathing. After three days of gnawing on Percosets they finally diagnosed that I had two small Pulmonary Embolisms. Convenient since I was still in the hospital.

From what I gathered they were small but were still unbelievably debilitating. I was freaked out but lucky they were small clots.

You're very lucky they didn't travel to the lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    You're very lucky they didn't travel to the lungs.
    Actually, it did. I just can't feel them.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

uptodate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    bullshit. Gout is observed from an immune reaction point of view and treated as such. The solutions are shots in the dark for a function and reaction not well understood.
    People saying they were vegans/little meat/normal BMI and have gout does not "prove" nor disprove anything.
    Calling me stupid while admitting listening to a doc recommend Iron cookware for "high iron"? Reeeeeallllly?
    What are you even talking about?

You said that being a vegan will get rid of gout, several people have said they were vegans and still had gout. If you look on the internet many people have said the same thing. If people become vegan and gout doenst go away then it is not a sure fire way of treating gout.

What are you sourcing your own opinions as proof?

Your ability to constantly fail at reading comprehension explains a lot about what you post. You constantly misread and do not understand posts that are written so a 10 year old could comprehend them. No wonder you can't accurately convey anything you read, even if you start with a solid source.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What are you even talking about?

You said that being a vegan will get rid of gout, several people have said they were vegans and still had gout. If you look on the internet many people have said the same thing. If people become vegan and gout doenst go away then it is not a sure fire way of treating gout.

What are you sourcing your own opinions as proof?

Your ability to constantly fail at reading comprehension explains a lot about what you post. You constantly misread and do not understand posts that are written so a 10 year old could comprehend them. No wonder you can't accurately convey anything you read, even if you start with a solid source.
    Definitely not my target audience i guess. If you would like more info feel free to PM me. If you cannot understand the last post, first sentence especially, then we are not on a level field in terns of comprehension....i think your words above would be better suited for yourself.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Searching DVT is how I found this place. I let mine go,super swollen leg after a hamstring tear, that i felt bleed, about 21/2 weeks ,thought the PE's were back spasms. Cut out the chew& cigs. I try to manage it with baby aspirin & niacin and ski socks. Just fed the fam backstaps from the fawn i shanked this morning. Peace Rev. ZENSHA

Simply wanted to bump this thread to say thanks.

Almost dying is a trip. Like Rover said, it makes you really think hard about some shit, even when the last thing you want to do is think.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind thoughts. Much appreciated.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Don't know how I missed this before. Holy Shit! Good on you for surviving Rev.

Good work dodging the Grim Reaper, Rev. I sideswiped death at the beginning of 2012. Live now baby because from now on each day is a bonus day.