Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skihuckster View Post
    What a Teton village love fest this is!

JHMR is cool but after a few years visiting I can't stomach the cost of the goods. I only visit for BC now but not a good idea if you don't have friends there that have been following the snow pack.

Bridger and big sky are relatively close. Could also go south to steamboat or further north to fernie.

If you like staying up drinking wild turkey snow king is pretty cool. Where else can you get first chair at 11, ski out of the ropes all day with no tracks, and then play ice hockey while doing jaeger shots?

Enjoy
    Jackson = 104 reload price
    Steamboat = 119 at the window price

Steamboat to Jackson doesn't compare. Steamboat is nice though. It isn't Jackson Hole nice, unless you enjoy Steamboat nice, in which case, Jackson Hole is not steamboat nice.

And by Steamboat nice, I mean, more of a gong-show at the base than JHMR's very "core" base. Something that few Colorado areas have.

Quote Originally Posted by Loinlover View Post
    Check hotwire.com or priceline. I have found round trip with car (and upgrade car at the counter for $15-20/day) for $500~ from the midwest. Meanwhile retail prices on hipmunk or kayak will be almost 2x that for just airfare.

Oddly enough, Jackson Hole Airport has a lot of big planes flying in/out. It isn't like they have limited seating available. United/Delta/American and others fly there. And they fly there in A319's, 757, CRJ-700's, 737's, and A320's. So they can have nearly 200 people arriving/departing per plane.
    I just booked a trip (Friday) with airfare from DCA for $279 before a $200 discount for booking the package through Jackson Hole central reservations. The whole thing was cheap, but I was floored that I could get from DCA-JAC for less than $300 on Delta. Normally, when I price that out, it's more like $500-$600.

Arrived 4 days ago. Been snowing since then...i love this place!

zeke- you are lucky to be out there with this storm!!

enjoy and post pics/vids
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

So friends bailed and I went and got my wife pregnant. Looks like I am going to be skiing Jackson solo 3/27-4/2. If somebody might be willing to take a few turns with me to show me around that would be awesome, feel free to PM me or make fun of me here.
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Seaba done for season, never imagined
    Jh as a disappointing backup.
    Skiing 24-30th with Orion from AKH and Tora Tora Tora. Couch at condo if needed for mags who know me. Prolly
    sporting the skittles Trew, ask for change.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Heard that seaba rumor today I guess it is true.

So they just shut it down after the guide's death? Bummer
    Jackson is skiing well right now though so hopefully you still manage to have some fun

Just got back home from a week in JH. Incredible place. Went with the gf and stayed at the Lodge at Jackson Hole. We flew from NC and it cost us $850 each for the room and airfare. The skiing was great, it snowed everyday. Lots to do other than ski. It was a great vacation.

Little late I know but ive got a voucher for a full day ticket. 45 sound good? PM me