MFD Incompatible with ski profile

Just got a set of large mfd's to mount on a pair of 193 ehp's. When I line them up with the boot center line and hold the front down, the center bottoms out leaving about a quarter inch gap between the rear mount and the ski. Has anyone else experienced this? Did mfd really miss this major flaw or is there a solution? I could make a spacer but I'm already adding enough hardware to these skis I don't think I need anymore. Here's what it looks like, any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1382037287.408385.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	142810

I'm confused as well because EHPs are pretty damn flat. Seems like this would be a very common problem on skis with more camber.

I feel as though every ski would encounter this problem because the large mfd plates are sooo long. And the ehp's aren't exactly thin in the tail, another reason why I'm surprised no else has encountered this.

Maybe I should just screw them on there an pretend like I didn't see anything?

...although I did need a good excuse to buy some sollyfits and some verticles

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Return the steel plates loose the weight and go with the sollyfit setup. Or just mount the dynafit's right to the ski.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums

I've never seen anything like that before. I would image if you did the mount and tightened all of the screws, the problem would disappear.

do both skis sit flat and properly when you place them on the ground?

do the MFD plates sit flat?

if the answer to both is yes, your eyes are playing tricks on you.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

my MFD's did the same thing before I mounted them on my Bibbys. I used the included template and when everything was tightened down there were no gaps anywhere and zero issues.
    Super solid setup. I wouldn't be too concerned.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NWskibum View Post
    my MFD's did the same thing before I mounted them on my Bibbys. I used the included template and when everything was tightened down there were no gaps anywhere and zero issues.
    Super solid setup. I wouldn't be too concerned.
    +2. Happened during my mount with Moment Night Trains. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    +2. Happened during my mount with Moment Night Trains. No issues.
    awsome. i really like these things, they seem super burly, its unfortunate mfd is out of business and theres no support for these anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oldirty View Post
    awsome. i really like these things, they seem super burly, its unfortunate mfd is out of business and theres no support for these anymore.
    who said MFD was out of business? Am I missing something? Is there a thread or a link?
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    who said MFD was out of business? Am I missing something? Is there a thread or a link?
    +1
    Thought they were branching out into backpacks for this season. I'd be kind of surprised if they folded already.

I sent them an email in regards to the problem and I got an automated response stating they weren't in business any longer do do lack of support. Their kick starter for the backpacks says that they did reach their goal and were not going to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by oldirty View Post
    I sent them an email in regards to the problem and I got an automated response stating they weren't in business any longer do do lack of support. Their kick starter for the backpacks says that they did reach their goal and were not going to be made.
    Just went to their website and saw this in the Company section:

Thank you so much for your interest in MFD. Due to lack of projected sales for the 2013/14 season we have been forced to make a hard decision and going forward we will not be selling or delivering any MFD product at this time.

Further and regretfully at this time, we will also not be able to offer any service or parts for existing customers.

Again, we are very sorry for the news. A sincere THANK YOU goes out to everyone that supported MFD and our products. Our customers and supporters made it all worth it and we are sorry not to be able to be in a position to progress.

Sincerely,

Jason Prigge
    Founder
    MFD

Link here: http://runmfd.com/mfd-notices/

I guess they are done. That is why it was so damn hard to sell my MFDs. I had some MFDs for a bit but have switched to Sollyfits.

Re the issue in the first post.....could be cause the heel attachment on the ski floats with the flex of your ski while allowing the ski to flex more naturally?

Just want to throw this out there, I eventually did receive some support from MFD on this telling me that it was ok to proceed with mounting them. So although they are shut down it seems like they are not dead.

Boy that totally sucks and i hadnt heard this...i remember seeing these things in their EARLY development stage they were frankenstein. The finished product looked and worked great..shame they couldnt keep up interest.