Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Half Moon Bay mags coming! looking forward to the show and the parking lot pre party and BBQ. What parking lot you guys going to be at. Thanks.

The parking lot is looker's left from the theater entrance. It is between the theater and the freeway - just keep going along the access road that wraps around the left side of the theater, and you will see a parking lot that is separated from the road by an ivy-covered fence. We are usually in the back of the lot, due to the fact that we have coals etc. The grill should be there at 7 PM. Some of us will be there around 6:30.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Anyone got an extra ticket??

Looking forward to seeing all of you degenerates tonight!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I'll arrive early and look for you guys on your laptops...

Any one have an extra ticket. My slacker friend "forgot" to pre purchase and the show is now sold out... more beer for me I guess...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    Heavy Dirty

Sorry I missed the movie this year. Wife and friend and I went last year after I won tickets from a photo contest. Two of our Alpine/Squaw tickets and all of our Bachelor tickets got used. I'm going to SF Wed. evening for Mountain Collective Pass VIP party at The Box on Howard St. Are any other maggots going to be there? I'm probably riding Sweeney Ridge on my way to San Bruno Caltrain unless anyone has better ideas for a 2 hr mountain ride in the area.

Well, how was it? Someome tell me what I missed and make me feel jealous. Did filmtour actually show?

Did they get the volume right this year? The last time I went I think I blew out an ear drum most likely because I did not get drunk enough before the show and I was working at full capacity.

Guess I'll see some I you folks once the snow starts.

Need to give filmtour and Sage more incentive to show up next year

You missed a killer tailgate - wish we had more time to catch up with all the peeps before the show, I know I only got to say "hey" to a lot of folks I hadn't seen in a while Etc. Honestly, the tailgate and being up front of the crew is always the highlight of the night, whether the film is awesome is a nice little bonus.

Speaker volume seemed just right from the front row. crowd volume - SF set the record for loudest show at 100 dB or something. I swear I was only a marginal contributor there. Portland doesn't tailgate!!!!

Filmwise, was glad to see a lot less dubstep, only one park segment. The whole "Way of Life" theme fell a bit flat - there is definitely a disconnect between dirtbag going it out of your car for several seasons vs. helicoptering in to a fantasy camp with a TGR-built sauna ... It felt like most of the good skiing footage came from the Fantasy Camp, despite all the little montages of ski town life sprinkled through the film.

Sage, Ian Mac, and Dash crushed it as usual, Dylan did a bunch of spinny flippy stuff as usual. The only female, Angel Collison(?), skied some rad lines but did not exactly crush them. There was some deep powder, some pillow sessions, lots of technical spine lines this year. Overall it felt like any other stoke film, but with a lot more overhead camera angles.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I enjoyed the beers before and after the flick. Visuals were nice but definitely not blown away or eager to watch again.

Have to say I enjoyed myself immensely. Tailgate was great, Flick was sick and final final brought to a close what is always one of my favorite evenings of "the other season" aka "waiting for winter." Good to see all of you and looking forward to catching up again on the hill.

Personally, I thought the sound track was quite appealing and the volume just right. The movie achieved it's goal of making me want to go (spend more money on) skiing. I will 2nd the comment that the "way of life" theme wasn't emphasized. As usual, the big mountain lines drew me in the most. Nicely done.
    "Kids today, all they talk about is big air. I say, stay on the mountain, that's where the action is. If you want big air, pull my finger." ~Smooth Johnson~

I'll be there whith the Red Sox on the DVR . You can spot me with the girl with big curly blond hair most likley. (Sean and Caroline)
    live the life.

Always great to put a face with TGR name with you mags.

Todd Ligare made it out, but Sage and Tim got stopped by crowd in the entry.

Limited gnar gnar in the flick, but sure did make me want to see some snow soon.

And got a chance to tell Steve Jones to pick up Maxim as an athlete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNt-6yiVDik
    Last edited by otto parts; 10-23-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Sorry Schralph... I talked to Todd Ligare at the tailgate, he came out for 10-15 minutes. Great guy, low key, seemed to just want to hang out and talk about snow like the rest of us. Just a regular guy you might ski with.

Maybe I was supposed to jump up and yell "Hey everybody, look at Todd!" If so, I suck at hero worship, apologize for my failings, and will crawl back into my beer until it snows.

(I think someone else joined Todd at our shindig, but I didn't catch his name)
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Hah, I missed him on my side of the crowd ... hope someone offered Todd a beer!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

What happened to scheduled showing of "Way of Life" in San Jose today at 3 pm? It was supposed to be in Convention Center where ski show is being held this weekend. It was listed a week ago when I sent link to friend, but is no longer listed at TGR. I was not sure I needed another Squaw ticket on top of MCP and twofer I got from Warren Miller movie, but was planning to attend. I wonder if low pre-sale caused it to be cancelled?

Found answer to me question by adding TGR to google search for "Way of Life" and "San Jose".

TGR posted the following to their facebook page on Tuesday in response to question about it: "
    We had a 3rd party promoter putting on that show and it is no longer going to take place, sorry.."

I'm still not regretting not going to N* and skiing the five beginner and one (very short) intermediate run they have opened so far.

Yo! Remember to buy your tickets before they sell out.

Tailgate again during the early movie?

I slapped together an invite on Facebook for friends and people in my ski lease if you want to have a reminder in your calendar.

https://www.facebook.com/events/8112...t_mall_comment
    live the life.

Bumping. Let's do this. Same spot same characters.

I'll be there with the wifey, drinking some down for our fallen (JP, Andreas, BettyDee, and Mikey K) and grilling up.

Quote Originally Posted by maskinut View Post
    Yo! Remember to buy your tickets before they sell out.

Tailgate again during the early movie?

I slapped together an invite on Facebook for friends and people in my ski lease if you want to have a reminder in your calendar.

https://www.facebook.com/events/8112...t_mall_comment

Divegirl and I will be there for the late show and ready to tailgate before

In with fancy shmancy suds, as is tradition
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Thanks for the bump guys.

This year's tailgate will be extra poignant for many of us ... Mike Kazanjy was one of the original TGR tailgaters at Palace of Fine Arts ... let's send him a message, wherever he his, and let him know the Stoke is burning brighter than ever. We'll definitely have a few words spoken for him at the tailgate and a moment of radical loudness ... our friends at TGR have a mention in the film credits as well.

Please come celebrate the drought-ender, Ullr, Mike, Andreas, JP, Liz D, your new sticks or board, or just overall stoke!!!

I hope to see everyone there!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Nice! The invite I put out is pushing close to 25 people. I'll get there early with some BBQ's and a couple 30's
    live the life.

(bump) Early Show...

(Wow! Happy to post up. Haven't been able to for a couple of days...dunno if 'cos of work or tgr IT)

Ok, looks like Cinders & me are going to go for the Early Show this time.
    Basically to avoid the hassle of getting home to Oaktown on MUNI/BART after seeing the Late Show.
    Missed latter half of HIGHER last month, 'cos we had to split (snowboard joke?)
    Might swing by to see if any Tailgate action after Movie.

Not sure yet, but we hope to be joined by OG Miqy (the_ImmaculateDeception), 'tiniDakini, and ShadeGardener.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...