Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Intro with a few questions

What's good TGR. just a little background, im originally from dallas tx, but the minute i stepped foot onto my first ski hill i knew that i was meant for the mountains. i just got out of the hutchins state prison unit here in dallas for getting caught with 12 ounces of bud, while i was on probation. but now i'm out and on no papers for the state anyways, next year this time I plan on living around the bozeman MT area, to pursue my dream of being a genuine ski bum. I'm saving all my money now to buy my neighbors minivan that will turn into what ill be living in while i ski. i plan on also doing the camping thing at some of the national forests. what are some tips or advice you fine citizens of TGR have for me thatll help me out, things to buy, things to avoid, anything. what are some things i can buy/do in advance that are gonna help me out in the future? much appreciated

Ok...Ill play. Welcome. Read the stickies and introduce yourself in there.

Sorry to hear about your past troubles.

My advice, if you are serious, would be to find a way to just get to a ski town ASAP and not wait a year.

If you can find a job at a resort doin housekeeping or working in a restaurant or something, most of them have super cheap employee housing that comes out of your check.

If I were in your situation, that's what I would do. A pretty sweet way to get back on your feet. Work hard, get a bunch of excersize, save a little money.

Why?

"If you don't do it this year, you'll be a year older when you do"

Also...

Odds are unfortunately, considering recidivism rates that within a year you'll probably get caught doing something stupid again and go back to prison...

Good luck.

Whats good? I dont get it...

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Odds are unfortunately, considering recidivism rates that within a year you'll probably get caught doing something stupid again and go back to prison...

Good luck.
    /\/\/\
    This, arent you going to be near the people and social environment that got you into this prison situation in the first place??? I would also recommend leaving for that reason alone, the temptation of easy money is too great sometimes. I've known people from college that it took upwards of 3 prison stints for them to finally stop trying to be king baller.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

Guys, he is likely on probation if just out, so leaving the state at this time may violate his parole. Manson 420, there are a lot of jaded characters that frequent this place, so either you have thicker skin and can laugh at their level of douchiness and pick through the other gems to be found or you will not like it here.
    In your shoes, when you have the spare time, read through this forums first 10 or so pages to find the stoke. Lots of threads on guys living in cars etc to give you food for thought.
    Avoid your past acquaintances/problems for the next year and I hope to see a TR from you the following year.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

He said "he's out and no papers for the state", so I'm assuming that means he did his entire time and is free and clear now without being put into the "setup to fail, local economic monetary generation system" known as probation.

Regardless if possible leave for this Winter if you can man, even if it means roughing it. I've seen this shit played out time and time again with old friends. Last thing you want is to have the state own your ass again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

Go for it. Do it now, not later. Ski-bum life is one step closer to enlightenment! You won't regret it one bit when you are on your death bed...
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

advice: winter camping sucks as a lifestyle.

I would leave now but $ situation isn't looking too good. Right now im working my ass off at a minimum wage job to save up all I can to get me a vehicle, as soon as I have enough for that enough to pay for a couple weeks worth of skiing I'm gone! and if I can deal being in a dorm with 650 other pricks in the Tx heat with no AC hopefully i can tough it out in the rocky cold! And no parole, thats why i did the time I did, it was either 9 months in prison or 4 years on probation, i figured for the sake of my success i might as well get the time over with, bc lets face it I would fuck probation up in a hearbeat

Out of prison, but still 420 in your username.

interesting...
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Colorado is a 420 friendly state. Cops can't bust you for possession here. FREEDOM!
    Leave Texas ASAP.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

^^^^^There you go. With it going legal for recreational use in January, there must be shops that need experience "sales help"
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Forget the vehicle, take a bus to the mountains, get a job with housing, start living the dream...

I've got some advice, should have told it you a while though,
    Dont get caught with 12 oz of green in your sky rocket
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^^There you go. With it going legal for recreational use in January, there must be shops that need experience "sales help"
    Naw, it's legal now for recreational use and possession. You just can't buy it anywhere in a store till January. It has to be given to you. I think you are confusing that with actual weed stores will be popping open for the general public in January. No more MMJ license required to buy an ounce or less at a time. Out of staters can buy up to a quarter at that time.

Damn, this post makes me thinks there is going to be population boom round here.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Cayuse View Post
    Forget the vehicle, take a bus to the mountains, get a job with housing, start living the dream...
    Not sure if that would end up working in my favor, but shit if i could do without a vehicle somehow i would

have you tired sending Rontele a pm about this stuff yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Fuck the car. Get a bike. You'll be healthier. No excuses JONG...or this is a great troll.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Hitchhiking is your friend...

Would try to get by without a car, but I'm going to be living out of it during the winter, I believe that's a necessity in my case, I won't be able to afford any kind of housing, so right now I'm saving up all I can from my shit job so I can get a season pass and a cheap livable car.

Hookers and blow are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Hookers and blow are very good.
    I'd have to say crank and hookers are even better or back when I was doing it...

Seriously though...

If you work for the resort its a free pass. Stupid cheap rent and a place to sleep while save for something better. IMO resort employment is the way to go, post institutional release. Seriously. Easy as fuck.

Ski towns are prime places to sell bud. Do you still have a hook up?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto