Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    The Crested Butte ladies have been gettin' after it Here's a few pics!

-
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Love the stoke

My first time in TGR this year.......and my first post in AWHILE.

This thread deserves the bump......I am unbelievably jealous watching 14erskiers for the last month. Those powder photos were especially ridiculous.

In other news, how is the resort looking for Thanksgiving weekend? My sister is going out.
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    My first time in TGR this year.......and my first post in AWHILE.

This thread deserves the bump......I am unbelievably jealous watching 14erskiers for the last month. Those powder photos were especially ridiculous.

In other news, how is the resort looking for Thanksgiving weekend? My sister is going out.
    Post more Huckwheat!

CBMR is looking pretty good for opening day next week. It's dumping right now, so it appears we have another good storm on our hands. Not sure what that will mean for terrain opening, but it's certainly looking better than it has the past few years for November.

goldenboy, do you know how this sale would work? are they selling the lease? seems like CNL would have acquired all of the good real estate when they bought it, can't imagine that the mullers would have much property left to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    goldenboy, do you know how this sale would work? are they selling the lease? seems like CNL would have acquired all of the good real estate when they bought it, can't imagine that the mullers would have much property left to sell.
    From the rumor mill, CNL would still own it, but there would be a different leaseholder than the muellers. They still own real estate, the rumor mill says that that would go to a different entity than the new ski area leaseholder. The names I'm hearing make me excited and hopeful, but that's all I'll say for now.

Nice^^^^

Without you they should just rename this entire forum "Petty Squabbles and Stokefree Regional Threads That 90% of Us Don't Give a Shit About!"
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Nice^^^^

Without you they should just rename this entire forum "Petty Squabbles and Stokefree Regional Threads That 90% of Us Don't Give a Shit About!"
    What dragged this guy back into this moist orifice of the internet? TGR is dead Strummer.

Some stoke from the ladies of Crested Butte Great winter so far!

-
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    From the rumor mill, CNL would still own it, but there would be a different leaseholder than the muellers. They still own real estate, the rumor mill says that that would go to a different entity than the new ski area leaseholder. The names I'm hearing make me excited and hopeful, but that's all I'll say for now.
    Thanks goldenboy, i'm hoping someone who know skiing and not real estate buys it, someone like Monarch. keep us posted on the rumor mill.

Keeping it low angle:

Big skier-triggered slide and sympathetic in Redwell (photo CBAC):

Notice all the skier tracks from the day before. Scary stuff. Let's hope this next storm is as good as NOAA is talking, it might be time to ride lifts for a while. Liftopia has $19 tickets for the next couple of weeks, by the way.

The skiing at the resort has been awesome for this time of year. A little bit of bc from before the last storm:

SKI SKI SKI Boys ski...
    "I, the undersigned,
    shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein
    and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis
    incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis
    punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear
    as crystal! You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks. You bumped
    into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized,
    so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Watching this threat progress is awesome. Having a Brother that lives there makes it a cheap trip for me and those conditions make me salivate.....Although we're not doing too shabby down in our neck of the woods either.

Good stoke in here GB.
    The police never find it as funny as you do.

Does anyone have any info on getting discounted CB lift tickets for a couple mid week days in February? Thanks.

There was a deal at Costco going 2 days for $90 but not sure if it's still available. Don't believe there were blackout dates.

I'm not sure if it's active this year, but Shell gas stations have had buy-one-get-one-free coupons for Crested Butte for the last few seasons.

"Up against the wall...Sledneck Mother!"

passed thru the other day. gonna do a little social tele with a friend from the 70's. you know extreme corduroy. they open the damn North Face. nothing to do ...but this is gonna hurt.

The Glades were better than the face.

Still considering the Face hasn't opened til jan-feb the last few yrs its looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm not sure if it's active this year, but Shell gas stations have had buy-one-get-one-free coupons for Crested Butte for the last few seasons.
    Thanks for this and the Costco lead. Looks like the Costco thing was still available as of a couple days ago.