Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stone Bike Question : WWMD

So today I was at a local riding spot and came across someone who was riding a bike that I got stolen 4 or 5 years ago. I first made a comment about having a "bike just like that" and on closer inspection of the build I realized I was positive this was my bike. I questioned him on it and he said he just got the bike - I asked him who he got it from and it turns out it's a former riding friend of mine. Not a close friend but a friend just the same. I have definitely spent plenty of time riding with this person to the point I would have thought he would have even recognized the bike as mine. He may just be a middle-man in the transaction but still pretty messed up.

People sometimes shock the fuck out of you as to how scummy they are. Sometimes they are related to you-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Your stone bike got stolen? Was this it?

Looks like that thing might work.

Look at the geometry on that thing, it probably doesn't climb for shit.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Look at the geometry on that thing, it probably doesn't climb for shit.
    no, but it nails it on the downhill

Quote Originally Posted by mobygrape View Post
    stone bikes crush it. wood bikes nail it. FYI.

Paper bikes cover everything.

Scissor bikes cut paper ones.

WWMD? Don't know, but I know I'd try to get my bike back. Can you prove its yours, such as with an owners manual that includes a serial no.? Did you buy it new? The shop may have a record of the serial no. Is the build so particularized that you and your (honest) riding buddies can credibly confirm that its yours? If so, go to the current owner and tell him you want the bike, but you'd be happy to help him collect from the ex-buddy he bought it from. If he refuses, small claims court is your friend, at least as good a friend as the people you ride with, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by mobygrape View Post
    yeah, that thing is stiff as shit, no flex at all.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When my prized mountain bike was stolen in HS, my buddy beat the living shit out the of the mexican guy who stole it and got it back. This bike was one of a kind for the Napa valley, Fuji Orient express, bull moose bars, all custom drivetrain wheels. He saw the wetback riding it down main street.....retard.

One of the best days ever, seeing him with the bike and the Police coming to my house with the mexican in the back of the squad car.

Get it back. Confront, cops....that shit is worth felony money I bet.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    When my prized mountain bike was stolen in HS, my buddy beat the living shit out the of the mexican guy who stole it and got it back. This bike was one of a kind for the Napa valley, Fuji Orient express, bull moose bars, all custom drivetrain wheels. He saw the wetback riding it down main street.....retard.

One of the best days ever, seeing him with the bike and the Police coming to my house with the mexican in the back of the squad car.

Get it back. Confront, cops....that shit is worth felony money I bet.
    Don Young? is that you..
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Don Young? is that you..
    No shit...

But I bet those were sweet 'custom drivetrain wheels'.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    stone bikes crush it. wood bikes nail it. FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Paper bikes cover everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I see what you guys did there... Funny.

I would not stone the bike, it is ride-able, why ruin it. However if you could determine the person that stole it, then stoning of them if the cops will not get involved in it. Seriously, I'd call the police if you have any type of proof that you owned it and it was stolen. They can work back through the years of owner transfer(s) as it is still stolen property.

Here's how I would play it:

If the bike was stolen from you four years ago, you have probably moved on. Find out how much the guy who was riding it paid your "buddy" for it. Demand double that from your old "riding buddy." If he doesn't feel that this is a more than generous offer on your part, let the cops sort it out and press charges against your former friend. Because fuck that guy.

One, the statute of limitations has probably way expired on this. Even if you called the cops, theyd laugh at your bitch hipster ass about a bike stolen four years ago.

Two, I highly doubt that its even your bike. But this one is built the same way I did! Yeah, and no one else has access to mass produced parts widely available at any bike shop.

Three, get over it, it obviously didn't hinder you that much in the past four years, why is it an issue now?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    One, the statute of limitations has probably way expired on this. Even if you called the cops, theyd laugh at your bitch hipster ass about a bike stolen four years ago.

Two, I highly doubt that its even your bike. But this one is built the same way I did! Yeah, and no one else has access to mass produced parts widely available at any bike shop.

Three, get over it, it obviously didn't hinder you that much in the past four years, why is it an issue now?
    I believe hev is a Coloradoan. The statute of limitations on felony larceny in CO is 10 years.

Every cyclist worth his salt knows his bike on close inspection. Whether that's good enough to hold up in court, I don't know. Whether the cops can be cajoled into leaving the donut shop and making an arrest, I don't know.

If somebody ripped me off to the tune of a few grand, I would want the fullest punishment available by law. That probably goes double for someone who has posed as my friend in the process. Maybe you feel differently. Maybe hev feels differently. Just throwing my opinion out there.

I'm off to go clean some drivetrains and write down some serial numbers.

Mmmmm. Lesbians.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Four, this is the most retarded post I have read today.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I believe hev is a Coloradoan. The statute of limitations on felony larceny in CO is 10 years.

Every cyclist worth his salt knows his bike on close inspection. Whether that's good enough to hold up in court, I don't know. Whether the cops can be cajoled into leaving the donut shop and making an arrest, I don't know.

If somebody ripped me off to the tune of a few grand, I would want the fullest punishment available by law. That probably goes double for someone who has posed as my friend in the process. Maybe you feel differently. Maybe hev feels differently. Just throwing my opinion out there.

I'm off to go clean some drivetrains and write down some serial numbers.
    Well lets all just assume his buddy actually stole the bike then why don't we.

Does he have receipts for everything, serial numbers, etc. All of which is going to be needed to prove that it was his bike stolen 4 years ago. Police report filed then as well most likely.

A few grand is quite an assumption for a bike right off the bat as well IMO.

All I'm saying is this is a surefire way to get really butthurt over something that is not water under the bridge, the water has flowed all the way to the ocean by now.

Or if someone wants to get all in a tizzy, allege a friend has stolen something with zero proof, and just saying yeah I built that isn't going to hold up. Maybe if it was like the next day, but four years after the fact? Yeah doubtful.

I just wouldn't want to piss myself off with little chance of resolution. Not worth it, but maybe to others.
    Live Free or Die

Your stone bike got stolen? Was this it?
    Tubeless?

Dog shit under the handle bars comes to mind.

Come to think of it, dog shit under DasCunts handle bars for being such a racist twit.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Sirshredalot has a good point, yer American ...call in an airstrike

i would let the cops deal with it

In the news a Vancover woman found her stolen bike on Kijiji , met the guy took bike for the short test ride AND just kept going
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know