Vimeo vs. Youtube

What do you guys use as your primary video upload/sharing site. I currently have two youtube accounts, one I don't upload to anymore. I'm looking to start uploading only final edits to the other channel, wondering if I should move to Vimeo since I will only be putting them up every couple of months.

So for you guys that are currently using Vimeo, are you paying for one of their plans? Is it better than youtube? Why?

Vimeo. YouTube sucks ass. Huge quality difference.

Vimeo doesn't prevent your video from being shown on mobile if you use a copy righted song. Youtube does.

YouTube has a huge user base, Vimeo doesn't.

Vimeo only allows you to upload at 720 unless you have a paid account. YouTube allows 1080, but usually plays at 360.

I prefer vimeo, but a lot of times I'll upload to both and share the vimeo link. I'm a dork.

If you are looking for mass appeal, YouTube is probably the place, if you want to reach a smaller audience of people who really care about video and quality, you want Vimeo.

My $.02

What are your goals? Do you embed? Do you need password protection? How many gigs a week are you planning on uploading? Do you plan on monetizing? Do you steal music in your productions? Do you need music for your productions?

There are a million variables. I use Vimeo for some stuff and Youtube for others. It all depends on my goals as to which I use for what. I wouldn't limit myself to having only one, they are both great for certain things.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I'm starting to like the feel more at Reelhouse.org for a video sharing site. Next film I make, I'll put it here for free or put a low price. What do you guys think a good price is for a short ski video (20-40mins)?

You pay me, unless you happen to be one of the best skiers and videographers out there. Chances are pretty low I'm going to watch a random 20 to 40 minute ski edit I find on some website. And absolutely zero if I have to pay for it. Ideal length for an internet video is like 3 minutes, 3:30 tops.

It's worth zero. The market's saturated with a million videos no one watches already.

Thanks for cunting my thread kandian fuck.

what's been said already... each has it's merits.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

i have been a vimeo plus member for the past 4 or 5 years but didn't renew this year. wasn't happy with the player (the issues i experienced have been fixed since i made that decision) and the uploading speed benefit of being a member i felt wasn't an advantage over youtube any more. plus while youtube still blocks some songs it's not near as bad as it used to be.
    the one thing i hate about youtube as a user is the inability to choose speed before playback or the ability to have a default speed.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Was a vimeo plus subscriber too but do not have as much time for and let my membership lapse. I thought it was better than utoob but i am just a hack.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

As a content consumer I prefer Vimeo, because (a) it's always HD, (b) I don't have to stay logged into Google to have my history/preferences, and (c) the ads are much less intrusive. I wouldn't pay for a subscription for the 1-2 videos I post a year that I share with a few friends, but if it were up to me as a consumer I would certainly pay for the Vimeo experience over YouTube.