Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SNWGHST View Post
    Boot was in ski mode all day, as I was spinning laps at the hill. As I said, I noticed instantly, when that boot went into walk mode, and recognized failure right away. Hopefully I got the lemons, and this isn't an ongoing issue.

Wow that's pretty crazy. Have you toured in them yet?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Pretty happy with the alpine performance of my 110s so far. Only one complaint: top buckle lies a little too close to the boot shell when latched down. Makes it hard to get my fingers under to release, even with dextrous as fuck gloves on.

I find the buckles much to close to easily get open, especially if tight.

Currently my unbuckle sequence is from toe to shin, seems to make it easy on the chairlift with minimal struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    I find the buckles much to close to easily get open, especially if tight.

Currently my unbuckle sequence is from toe to shin, seems to make it easy on the chairlift with minimal struggle.
    Yea, exactly my experience. The tighter the top buckle, the harder it is to slip fingers underneath to release it. And of course I like 'em tight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0775.JPG 
Views:	498 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	147652

Hi, this is what I got after one day of skiing! Not even charging, I spent my day with my 6 years old son on the slopes.
    The shop where I got them has already got 2 similiar failures out of the 5 pairs they sold!
    Those boots are sexy as hell but they are not much reliable it seems.

And yeah, it's tough to get your finger under the buckle to open it!

If you've some french skills, there are some failure report as well there :
    http://www.skipass.com/forums/sports...0.html#2994424

Never a good idea to buy the first release of a new product...I should have known.

Not liking all the failure reports her. Hope mine "get it" early so I can get a refund.

So,two first days on the 130 lv's. First day a bit of dust upon crust, but more slopes than off. Railing it with a pair of Katanas 11/12 190 with Look P 18's.
    Starting too feel a bit old being not quit into the uprigth stance. Still manged to keep the skis going and felt gradually a bit of adaption to the boots. Stiff enough feel and didn't fold up on me. Take this with a bit of caution because I haven't pushed them much yet.

Second day. Some 4-5 inch of pow (l missed my WD Redeemers on this day, damn) . Played around in the trees. This was a quite tightly forrested birchwood area. The boots came alive or it was me adopting more to them. Anyway really responsive and a good cushoning forward when not tightened to hard on the powerstrap buckle. Nice comfort. Had them heat-molded when I bougth them, but I got problems with pain under my midfoot. A this point I think they need a least 5 more days on my feet to be formed properly.

All in all, I'm satisfied and def not regretting it (if they don't get some of the problems that's reported above in this thread).

One question though, is if it's possible to increase the forward lean angel?

Had a chance to get these babies out in some softer snow and fkn freezing temps this past weekend. Skied everything from thigh deep uncut blower to pillowy bumps to tracked out and rocky shit too. I must say the biggest thing standing out to me right now is just how much warmer these are than my Langes. It really is amazing how much of a difference you notice on a freezing day (we had temps in the negative teens)- I was struggling to warm my toes on the lift with Langes, and was positively cozy in these. Same temps, same lift. Also didn't duct tape them at all and stayed almost completely dry. I am impressed. That huge gasket on the toe really does kick ass and works great. This is the boot that Lange should have made a long time ago!

Also in terms of fit and performance, I had a set of instaprints made up for these and did not bake my liners (didn't need it at all) but had the insteps pushed out a bit to accommodate for my flat arch and hugely protruding freakish insteps. Unbuckled, they feel awesome and allow warmth and comfort. Clamp them down and depending on how tight you crank them they can be anything from a cozy cruiser to a full on screamer of a boot. Clamped into uncomfortable race tight mode, they feel awesomely in tune with the skis and I am really just feeling better and better in them as they conform to my foot. They were right there all day in the bumps. The slightly more upright stance was noticed but didn't make a big difference in skiability on my Magics at all but on a really traditional mount it might be more of a factor.

The buckles do lay very flat but I haven't had trouble getting them up. I could see how sausage fingered peeps would hate them though.

Still fkn hate the laces though. You really do have to take the liner all the way out of the boot every time just to loosen them enough to allow your foot to enter it. Pain in the dick if you ask me, I'm about to swap them for big fat laces and throw these in the wood stove to end their reign of terror once and for all.

As the liners pack a little, I'm getting a couple hot spots but nothing crazy. Overall I am in love with this boot and I really hope mine don't break!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Yo Bird Blaster, you want to talk about a weakness, check this out. Did it yesterday, storm skiing, boot top pow, -5 ish Celsius, hit a bit if a small compression after landing an air and felt the boot go loose. That metal piece looks porous, not solid. Back to K2 they go. Attachment 147187Attachment 147188
    This happened to my buddy's pair too. first or second day on them.

I went back to my Langes for a day. NEVER AGAIN.

Agreed with the above post from DoWork - these ARE the boots Lange should have made. I am thus far very pleased. I have put around 7-8 days on them and they have a little more room in them now. I have just adjusted the micro-buckle and they seem good again. Still very pleased with them.

At my local resort numerous patrollers bought the Pinnacle 130s and almost all of them (3 or 4 out of the 5)broke in or around the walk mechanism. IMO a boot built heavy and beefy on purpose should NEVER fail. The odd exception is expected but this is past the point of needing a recall. I think K2 is doing their best to keep it on the DL. Their marketing hype would be all for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    At my local resort numerous patrollers bought the Pinnacle 130s and almost all of them (3 or 4 out of the 5)broke in or around the walk mechanism. IMO a boot built heavy and beefy on purpose should NEVER fail. The odd exception is expected but this is past the point of needing a recall. I think K2 is doing their best to keep it on the DL. Their marketing hype would be all for nothing.

Damn how are we just hearing about this? I hope and pray mine don't break, I really really like them!

I just sent K2 customer service an email with a link to this thread. If and when the reply I will report back.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I just sent K2 customer service an email with a link to this thread. If and when the reply I will report back.
    I did the same, Shorty J, hopefully something is figured out. Haven't got mine back from warranty yet, good thing I still got my LANGES.

I did the same, Shorty J, hopefully something is figured out. Haven't got mine back from warranty yet, good thing I still got my LANGES.
    Thankfully there's nothing wrong with mine... yet. Just trying to be pro-active.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Thankfully there's nothing wrong with mine... yet. Just trying to be pro-active.

I like your style. I bet you have a roll of TP in your car, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I like your style. I bet you have a roll of TP in your car, don't you?
    No, but I do have Ibuprophen and wet wipes.

I was going to pull the trigger on these in November, but decided to wait and see what the reports were seeing as this is a first run. In continuing to follow the reports here, I'm just getting more and more bummed. I really wanted to pick these up since the Cochise BSL isn't a good fit for me, whereas these are right in the middle (where I need them).

I wonder if K2 will be able to fix this mid-season instead of waiting for next year's run?

Any more touring reports? Good for short to mid range tours, but not long range stuff the consensus here?

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    This happened to my buddy's pair too. first or second day on them.
    Just had the same failure. -3 today.

I wouldn't buy these boots till this is sorted out. Contacting k2 now

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389387046.326494.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	148256

The evidence
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389387031.730857.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	148255  

Great service with k 2. No local dealer. They are going to fix at head office and return.

Now how long till it happens again?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1389387046.326494.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	148256

The evidence
    Ahhhhh shit bro, this is not cool, for fucks sake, did K2 even do any goddamn product testing on these, or what? I've never even seen this many broken boots in my life, I will be demanding my money back. '' The Game Changer '', my ass, maybe '' The Day Ender ''

Ahhhhh shit bro, this is not cool, for fucks sake, did K2 even do any goddamn product testing on these, or what? I've never even seen this many broken boots in my life, I will be demanding my money back. '' The Game Changer '', my ass, maybe '' The Day Ender ''
    I am very surprised this did not come up with testing. It's too bad I really love these boots, or I wouldn't put up with it

Great service with k 2. No local dealer. They are going to fix at head office and return.

Now how long till it happens again?
    If you find out, can you report back on whether the are replacing the part with a superior one or just the same kind that broke?

If there's a better part out there if like to just order one and install it right away.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using TGR Forums

Roger. I assume it will be the same

After 7 days, mine are going fine. Apart from a fit issue (the heel pocket is too narrow for me, and I came from RX130s where the heel was just tight enough), I think they are a great boot.

Just putting out that there are some positive reports.