2nd half October trip - where to go?

I need to get the fuck out and disconnect from work and will probably have a window in about 2 weeks. Ideally: fish, ride tacky singletrack, drink, repeat. Or just fish and drink. Was originally thinking McKenzie River area in Oregon, but great minds think alike and knowing the breadth and depth of knowledge up here I'm sure this has been done before. Have resisted the steelie thing up until now, but given the time of year and things I've heard about it I'm opening up to the idea. The Grande Ronde looks interesting. Have raft and rig and will travel. A multi-day float trip is not out of the question but have not been on the sticks a ton so it would need to be relatively straight forward. Priorities are to go on an adventure, camp, fish, and possibly ride in beautiful scenery. Thoughts, suggestions? Klammath, Rogue, Grande Ronde, McKenzie...

Some great riding in Weaverville. Then you can hit the Trinity and Klamath from there. Float or walk and wade. If you go that route pm me and I can tell you what rocks to stand on I'm on the Rhonde just before the Summit, not sure about the riding. Deschutes should be kicking out fish still. North Umpqua has some good riding but the fish are finicky. Rouge is having a great run, can go ride around Ashland. Lot's of options in the Jefferson area. You end up with Jamie's raft?

Hmmm... some good options there. PM coming. I ended up picking up Don Rotsma's raft/trailer...I'm guessing you either know him or know of him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02264.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	141859

Ha, Don's a good friend. Nice rig. Be in touch.
    Last edited by snapt; 09-27-2013 at 10:19 PM.