Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1566
    spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Manana looks wet banana ...but this Friday or Saturday looks decent.

jonesy - I keep waiting for that late spring powder days to come. My remaining vacation time is getting thin and I like to use them wisely. Yeah, man, definitely, I would luv to meet/ski with the Bachelor celebrity, even at the risk of getting pushed off the summit like you did to Spook!
    just like you, my time is thin. i can handle a drizzle. i'm experimenting with crosshatch angles with my base structure brush!

he didn't push me off the summit he pushed me off the top of sunrise i think. i fell of my own volition in the cirque. of course, i didn't have time to look, so it's possible -- oh, i forgot i already established his responsibility for my radtacular wreck. it actually occurred to me that me faked the problem with the skilogiks because he knew.

i've also finally begun the process of trying to get my broken burton baseplate with it's lifetime warranty warrantied. i thought i got it at rei but now i think it was a gift from my dad from rei so i have to take another step but when i told them over the phone the baseplate was broken after tomahawking down the cirque they said they didn't believe it and i must have hit a tree or a rock and i said no, there is no evidence of an impact anywhere on the binding or the board or most importantly me which would have been miraculous after hitting a tree or a rock or whatever it took to break it, which still makes me wonder if it's possible it could have fractured when i dug into the high speed turn if it was weakened or something. i've had them since 07 or so.

anyway, the little voice in the back of my head has gotten a little spooked after each subsequent conversation with shops. my next few days after that tumble i had to push myself to just forget about it.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post
    Good acid
    i was at a dead show at autzen and between sets i was walking around the rim and all of a sudden i see this guy shrieking his head off. and my mean off. he was fucking purple having a major meltdown. and some guy walking by whispers "good acid." i just about died.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i was at a dead show at autzen and between sets i was walking around the rim and all of a sudden i see this guy shrieking his head off. and my mean off. he was fucking purple having a major meltdown. and some guy walking by whispers "good acid." i just about died.
    Maybe it was me...whispering, not shrieking........
    Got to watch out for hand structuring with cross hatch patterns (or whatever); a lot of time that defeats your purpose...imo. Better to run it thru a base grind tune if you have a big spring planned....once again imo.

OK, so where is the 2014 version of the Central Oregon Volcano Stoke thread? Can't find it, so I figure I'll just post this info here.

Maybe everyone already knows this and I didn't get the memo, but just in case:

POLE CREEK RD IS OPEN TO THE TH!

(Oddly, I just called the Sisters ranger station today to see when the road had opened... and they said that it's still closed as far as they knew!)

I drove out there on Sat just to see how things were looking. Views of Middle/North Sister that day:

I figured the road would be closed some way out, but nope, it was open all the way. Monday looked like the best weather window so I headed out there then. I found continuous snow for skinning only about 1/2 mile from the TH. It was firm, smooth, and perfect for skinning. Summited Middle Sister, and rode the Diller headwall in perfect hero snow! Saw a few other tracks on Hayden glacier from the weekend. It was about as good as it gets out there. Of course, that is all probably changing right now, but at the next weather window I'd say get it while it's good!

This trip was mainly a therapeutic exercise for me to clear my head, as my dad just passed away last week. I'd like to think he was up there putting in a good word for me with the big guy to arrange for the perfect conditions. It ended up being one of the most memorable trips I've had... ever.

Some views

Summit selfie with the Diller headwall looming

Dropping!

Afterparty

nice tour and shots!

Jim, sorry to hear about your dad.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    This trip was mainly a therapeutic exercise for me to clear my head, as my dad just passed away last week. I'd like to think he was up there putting in a good word for me with the big guy to arrange for the perfect conditions. It ended up being one of the most memorable trips I've had... ever.
    Man, that’s just great! Looks like a great outing all the way around.

You got thinking about my aging parents and my own inevitable demise …only briefly though as I have a ton of living to do yet.

Whenever I see a posting like yours, I want to start touring. I have been meaning to for a long time but just too lazy to start. I even purchased a set of Coomba/Baron with skins about 3 years ago but have yet to put them to use. Of course I don’t know shit about backcountry but knowing myself I probably just take off solo on a whim. ...ok, enough about my problemm, and back to work.

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging stoke.

west to catch the full moon behind bach and got blocked out
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Nice shot Tap. Tummy looks sweet.

Nice shots & good times jimw. Condolences. Bachelor skied well today. No waiting on aisle 1,2,3,4,5........groomers to start off. 46-54 mph seemed to be the suggested limit.

1300 hrs-Corn harvesting. No one else seemed to be interested?

It's good to be a mid-week skier.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

spook Guest
    19 runs, 25k vert, 3.5 hours. fun fun fun. had to apply rub on wax a couple times before i gave up going down to mhx and just kept lapping cascade.

headed up thatway in about 10 days or so - Sisters looks good - Bachelor should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    It's good to be a mid-week skier.
    I agree, except for the assholes who leave those deep ruts in the snow. I had to pull a small kid out of one the other day

ETA - looking forward to skiing with ya Mike. Beware though, Jonesy will try to convert you to a slalom racer.
    Last edited by TBS; 04-17-2014 at 06:39 AM.

A couple of local riff-raff from Bend headed up to MHM Sat. Anyone got a discount ticket for Sat? Financial or KGB is available for ticket. Thanks mags.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

rolling solo
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

MHM was surprisingly good yesterday, creamy 5 inches. Pretty much lapped azone accordion clark. Lots of rocks in clark.

Winter returns to Central OR
    Tonight Snow. Low around 21. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tuesday Snow showers. High near 22. West wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tuesday Night Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Breezy, with a southwest wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Breezy.

Thursday Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Breezy.
    Enough of the icy, then sloppy, groomers. Tuesday we slay ze freshz.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    MHM was surprisingly good yesterday, creamy 5 inches. Pretty much lapped azone accordion clark. Lots of rocks in clark.
    Agreed, tho we skied elevator 10.30-1 and loved it...
    low down was glue by 11

i wish today hadn't been such a lame day because the boy had a day off today

Nice shot acinpdx. Tuesday is a go tbs. Same ski time same ski place.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Ditto! I had to leave at 11:30 but the Easter 5-incher skied great in the morning from A-zone to Clark …and the best Grant’s pic of the day goes to ...http://meadowsactionphotos.smugmug.c...4234&k=Cqk2w47

This coming Wednesday looks promising …although less than half the mountain would be open.

The winter lingers on!

Decent snow terrible lift operations. Trees are still pretty rugged but if the snow keeps up it should fill in nicely. The lower portions of the NW bowls gave the feeling or trying to ski down a a shallow river bottom with smooth stones.

Got up to west village around 9:00 to find no Pine Martin chair. Only Outback and Skyliner. Drove over to skyliner with one boot on to get one of the last spots. skied some super fun runs until Pine opened. On my second ride up Pine lift stops for a while. They were running on diesel before it broke. Then we creep up the rest of the way going slower than I ever knew a lift could run. Closed for the day when we finally got to the top. I did not think it was a long wait but Props to Bachelor for giving me a comp ticket. Outback and NW got an extra half hour running until 130.

When I was skiing back to my car at 1:00 I saw poor saps hiking up the cat track to get to outback.

Meadows skied well from 1-close today and was still dumping when we left. Tomorrow could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by TacocaT View Post
    Decent snow terrible lift operations. Trees are still pretty rugged but if the snow keeps up it should fill in nicely. The lower portions of the NW bowls gave the feeling or trying to ski down a a shallow river bottom with smooth stones.

Got up to west village around 9:00 to find no Pine Martin chair. Only Outback and Skyliner. Drove over to skyliner with one boot on to get one of the last spots. skied some super fun runs until Pine opened. On my second ride up Pine lift stops for a while. They were running on diesel before it broke. Then we creep up the rest of the way going slower than I ever knew a lift could run. Closed for the day when we finally got to the top. I did not think it was a long wait but Props to Bachelor for giving me a comp ticket. Outback and NW got an extra half hour running until 130.

When I was skiing back to my car at 1:00 I saw poor saps hiking up the cat track to get to outback.
    Yup, Ullr had a sense of humor today. The 4-8" forecast turned into 3" nice snow on crust. Then he shot lightning bolts and knocked out PMx. Chose to stay at Sky rather than traverse to Outback when it was socked in and PMx was supposed to be back on line "shortly". Big mistake from what I've heard. Snow was reasonably good but tracked out pretty fast.

I did get to wait in a half hour line @1030 before they shut PMx down for good, then slog back to my car at Sky. Fortunately, a 'troller towed me most of the way there with his sled

And at least I wasn't stuck on a chair - some of those folks sat there for way over an hour.

Made my yearly pilgrimage to MHM. It was a quiet Saturday and conditions were fast & scraped down to a polished Snowpack on the faces. Locals were polite and a good vibe. MHM employees provided exceptional customer service w/ discounted tickets,ect. Had to laugh, 3 random skiers thanked us for stopping on the side of the runs. What the heck. I never did catch that Easter bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Meadows skied well from 1-close today and was still dumping when we left. Tomorrow could be good.
    Thanks for the scoop!

I was sitting on the fence but now I am leaning far over to the go side. I’m hoping the wet stuff holds off at least until 1 or later …anyway that’s how I’m interpreting Temira’s forecast.

I usually hide in the JW when it’s stormy and like to bypass SS lift and hit the Ho-chi-min trail but that gate has been closed for some time now. So I’m thinking I’m not violating any rules as long as I enter through the (moon) gate and traverse over to JW. Any MHM patrols lurking here?