Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1566
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i thought night skiing was over at meadows. i am fucking sore as hell after my little ragdoll. just got back from bikram trying to work some shit out. swam on thursday night afterward to try to minimize the stiffness. almost seems to be getting worse. and then there's the bit of having all these shop guys looking at me like i should be dead. kinda weird.
    open fri-sat-sun nights till the end of the month.

spook Guest
    thanks....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MHM 3-15-14 008.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	152645

Name:	MHM 3-15-14 010.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	152646

spook Guest
    dammit now i'll never have any peace. thanks a lot

location not disclosed...although 3 boarders and a skier did come along whilst I was checking it out, and breaking it in.

We had a couple of those back in the day. There were natural formed huts. One was called The Castle,right in the middle of a run. People would ski by and never know you were there. So there trying to banned any Pot Shops over here,uneducated. I hear crap like it's addictive and shake my head.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

spook Guest
    yeah, but what do you know.

i also forgot to mention that after my epic bro-brah ragdoll in the cirque, while i was still trying to figure out how to attach my rope to the board without the edges cutting it, patrol came through and asked if i was okay. i said yeah, just took a bad fall.

told him what i was trying to do and he laughed about enjoying macgyvering things. i joked about how long this process might take and he said well, there is only one other way out of here and that's on a sled. i wasn't hurt so i never seriously considered it and said thanks, i'm fine, i got myself in, i'll get myself out. he said he'd send somebody in to make sure i made it out in 15 minutes. totally cool guy.

once i got out of the cirque and back on to the groomed runs i got down pretty fast. i would never waste their resources intentionally, but it would have been interesting to have the experience of riding down in a sled.

looks like wed at mhm is my next near death max gape tgr rad trip.

I got a very short sled ride from mhm patrol once. They dug out a nice little platform in the trees, secured me, then let the sled go. Pretty uneasy hurtling toward yet another tree while strapped in a sled. Needless to say I insisted on getting out and glissading the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

Name:	MHM 3-15-14 008.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	152645

Name:	MHM 3-15-14 010.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	152646
    Skied off the top of this one last season, bit of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    I got a very short sled ride from mhm patrol once. They dug out a nice little platform in the trees, secured me, then let the sled go. Pretty uneasy hurtling toward yet another tree while strapped in a sled. Needless to say I insisted on getting out and glissading the rest of the way.
    Oh no you don't get off that easy. A complete description of The events preceding this sled ride is necessary

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    location not disclosed...although 3 boarders and a skier did come along whilst I was checking it out, and breaking it in.
    nice hut. Props to the developer. Theres another spot @ MHM in the trees between Apollo and shooting star ridge that fits four comfortably and is virtually undetectable.

spook Guest
    next explosion at mhm? between ss ridge and apollo!!

tell us more secrets, boobski!

Tried going up Cooper spur on Saturday, turned back by lenticular and icy conditions. Probably should have forged on to Elliot where there was probably some pow. Skied back down on icy foot massage ice.

SEM on the Tilley Jane WROD...

The best turns were within Cooper spur ski area. Then went over to mhm and got some laps in with JJchit and friends. Corn low, powder high in Heather canyon. Fun day, besides having to break out the ski crampons.

spook Guest
    looks like you could hike faster. what elevation is that?

spook Guest
    just out of curiosity, has anybody had one of those burton binding disks fail? now that i've settled down a bit and cleaned things up and looked at the binding, i can't find an impact mark of any consequence on the binding plate. or on the board for that matter.

at first i thought i must have landed pull force right on the back of the binding plate and it just sheered everything off, but i don't recall any hit that hard, although there are some marks on the bottom of the binding that make it look that's a possibility.

the baseplate has a crack (looking down on it as thought it was mounted) running from the disk hole (2 o'clock) to the bottom of the adjustable piece that allows you to make the toe longer.

the disk was shattered at the perimeter of the 4 screws.

i just wonder if there's any possibility of equipment failure. they're 6 years old. i wasn't doing anything that i felt was over my head. i was going fast, and i hit some shit, but it wasn't anything i haven't done before.

other than that, i can't believe i didn't have anything more than a few bruises and a sore neck and i can't be anything but grateful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Oh no you don't get off that easy. A complete description of The events preceding this sled ride is necessary
    Not all that exciting. March 2009, smacked a tree off HRM and broke my collar bone. Fell in deepish snow on my injured side with my legs folded up under me. Could not manage to get myself up or my skis off with my free hand so I needed help. Once they helped me up, they wanted to put me in the sled. With such a bad break, I was worried about grinding the bone into my subclavian artery and was really cold and shaky, so I agreed to go for a ride. Once the sled got up to speed, I hit another tree on my uninjured right side, thankfully causing no further injury. Other than forgetting to hold the rope, patrol was very professional and helpful. So was the clinic in the parking lot. Got seven screws and a plate now. I'm better at dodging those sneaky trees when they jump in front of me now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    It's 0850 HRS where are your skis? In the closet or on the Snow in a lift line.
    Today is the day …9” new and still falling, but all mine will be collecting dust in the garage today. I don’t even have to go in to work today but schedule to meet 3 roofers today for estimate …one of them better be a good deal!

Have fun fellows!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Today is the day …9” new and still falling, but all mine will be collecting dust in the garage today. I don’t even have to go in to work today but schedule to meet 3 roofers today for estimate …one of them better be a good deal!

Have fun fellows!

with the kid in the pic i.m getting used to the 9-1 shift. you could still make it

Different meeting times throughout the day ...first one in 5 minutes.
    Beside I can't never get used to sloppy second.

I hear ya. I'm under the weather w/ a Cold. So no go for a few days.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

spook Guest
    take care of yourself, kid

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    just out of curiosity, has anybody had one of those burton binding disks fail? now that i've settled down a bit and cleaned things up and looked at the binding, i can't find an impact mark of any consequence on the binding plate. or on the board for that matter.

at first i thought i must have landed pull force right on the back of the binding plate and it just sheered everything off, but i don't recall any hit that hard, although there are some marks on the bottom of the binding that make it look that's a possibility.

the baseplate has a crack (looking down on it as thought it was mounted) running from the disk hole (2 o'clock) to the bottom of the adjustable piece that allows you to make the toe longer.

the disk was shattered at the perimeter of the 4 screws.

i just wonder if there's any possibility of equipment failure. they're 6 years old. i wasn't doing anything that i felt was over my head. i was going fast, and i hit some shit, but it wasn't anything i haven't done before.

other than that, i can't believe i didn't have anything more than a few bruises and a sore neck and i can't be anything but grateful for that.
    my guess...you hit a rock dead on the binding...[clikboom!]

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post

Have fun fellows!
    yeah, i hope someone's getting some this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I hear ya. I'm under the weather w/ a Cold. So no go for a few days.
    St Patricks Flu?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    my guess...you hit a rock dead on the binding...[clikboom!]
    yeah, i thought maybe ice or a rock, but if i hit it hard enough to shatter it there would be some kind of impact mark on the binding. i can't find anything anywhere. didn't see any exposed rocks where i was either but you never know. i'm not going to dwell on it too much other than to consider (again) the consequences of eating it at speed in an area i'm not completely familiar with in variable conditions.