Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    how does one go about getting to mt moran when the lake is too thawed for skinning, but too frozen for boats? is it feasible to skin around the south end of the lake? it looks like about 4 miles of skinning from the park road according to google earth. not sure what the terrain/vegetation is like though. whos got the inside info for me?

Went for a quick tour up to the top of Thunder today. Started skiing about 10:15am saw a guy in the parking lot who said it was bullet proof (guessing he went to early). Was t-shirt weather until a couple hundred feet from the top of the lift.

Tower 3 had about 4" of wind buffed pow that made for some great turns!!!!

Brain Farm has 3 huge transitions built at the bottom of the Amphitheater, kickers are not in yet but something cool is surely going to go down. Cats all over the place today. Winch cat was setup on the Laramie Traverse so no dice on waffles today.

Forgot to check pm's and the board before I left, whoops. Sat and Sunday I'm game to tour again..

Quote Originally Posted by meatspicy View Post
    how does one go about getting to mt moran when the lake is too thawed for skinning, but too frozen for boats? is it feasible to skin around the south end of the lake? it looks like about 4 miles of skinning from the park road according to google earth. not sure what the terrain/vegetation is like though. whos got the inside info for me?
    I would just wait till it thaws and then cruise over with a motor. Worked for me and was able to skin from the lake shore practically.

Things are finally corning up!
    The east face of Taylor skied SUPER well at 2:15 today. Best corn ive skied in a while.
    Live

Anyone touring Saturday and needs a buddy/ someone who is excellent at bringing beer along?

some cool aerial photos of the budgeslide here
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

if this thing takes out the winder im gonna be pissed

if this thing takes out the winder im gonna be pissed
    that's no shit. Already took them out til at least next Wednesday, gonna have to watch game one of Wings/Bruins at...Eleanors??? boooooo

so much for the house on top...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	401.6 KB 
ID:	154384
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Quite the party last night, couple hundred folks lined up across the street brown baggin it and watching things move. Vibes to whomever's house that is. Yikes.

Seriously, this am it was creating something that almost sort of kind of resembled traffic. The ravines on the front side are way bigger than they were at 10 am

Looks like the Walgreens is going to be swallowed into the fourth concentric ring of hell.

What's the current over/under on when God smites the Starbucks?

Quote Originally Posted by telelebowski View Post
    Looks like the Walgreens is going to be swallowed into the fourth concentric ring of hell.

What's the current over/under on when God smites the Starbucks?
    Where will the money come then to create the nuclear powered star gate to keep the hell demons from pouring out of the newly formed portal to lucifers den? Lord knows that would kill the summer tourism downtown...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Hope it doesn't end up closing broadway-

The brush is thick. Really thick. Follow leigh lake shore north and I *think* there is a small stream heading towards bearpaw lake. Ive never done it without snow cover and frozen ground though. Its also been a few years so I could be slightly off one way or the other.

Getting to Leigh canyon/lake should be easy. Pm me if you want more beta.

Still wintertime above 11?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using TGR Forums
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Snooped around over there this weekend. Lake is still pretty frozen ie people driving snowmobiles all over it and ice fishing

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    The brush is thick. Really thick. Follow leigh lake shore north and I *think* there is a small stream heading towards bearpaw lake. Ive never done it without snow cover and frozen ground though. Its also been a few years so I could be slightly off one way or the other.

Getting to Leigh canyon/lake should be easy. Pm me if you want more beta.

Still wintertime above 11?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using TGR Forums
    thanks aaron, i figured that was probably the case

went up buck yesterday morning. its purgatory up there. still lots of unconsolidated pow (boot/shin deep) sitting on that brown ice crust, but its definitely getting plenty warm up there. summited at 930 and it was already starting to get gloppy/creepy

Super fun closing day at Targhee yesterday. By far the best non-pow day i'd had there all season. Clear skies, no wind, soft by lunch, and near-flawless corn skiing over on Blackfoot. Lift was closed there but if you were willing to ski back over to the bunny lift to get back to Dreamcatcher, you could ski top to bottom butter-smooth corn without another human in sight. They also had a rad wiggle course that kicked me ass, and the park was skiing well, too. Looks like the Burton team has set up shop above the closed Sac lift, apparently Snow Park Technologies brought in four of their own cats and built a superpipe and a bunch of jumps, including one waaaaay up at the very top of Peaked. Should make for some rad footage of some kids throwing tricks with the Grand in the background.

Moving into our new home at Owl Creek Ranch tonight across the way from the village where we'll be caretaking for an elderly couple there... looking forward to doing some tours at the village this week! Anybody tried giving the 'Backs a whirl recently?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Hit radio tower on Saturday and also enjoyed the weather at Targhee yesterday. It was beautiful up on Togwotee but the snow was a bit on the appalling side. Still very frozen at 1030-11ish. The north facing couloir on the backside looked amazing but didn't ski it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070714 (1140 x 855).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	310.2 KB 
ID:	154510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070727 (1140 x 855).jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	154511

HVSkier, nice stoke! Climbed up radio tower a few weeks back, rode the back, north facing line which held nice turns and then we booted back up that for radio tower proper. Short but steep
    to ski another day

Dunfee, welcome to the West Bank! That wiggle looked like a fun time. Have fun at the village.
    to ski another day

thanks aaron, i figured that was probably the case

went up buck yesterday morning. its purgatory up there. still lots of unconsolidated pow (boot/shin deep) sitting on that brown ice crust, but its definitely getting plenty warm up there. summited at 930 and it was already starting to get gloppy/creepy

There is a stream (and trail) between Leigh-Bearpaw-Trapper, but when I was there last year it was much more like just walking through a marsh, especially between Bearpaw and Trapper Lakes. The creek split into a thousand smaller, shallower flows and gets really wide...basically a big puddle running through grassy meadows. It is absolutely doable, but just anticipate having wet feet if you go that way (I'm assuming the snow has all melted out at the bottom now).
    When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanman View Post
    Dunfee, welcome to the West Bank! That wiggle looked like a fun time. Have fun at the village.
    Thanks Ian! Got to the base of te hobacks last night only to have my dogs chase a moose deep into the woods... After some amateur tracking efforts found them both somehow unscathed and still dumb as rocks. Goddamn dogs!! Getting shock collars stat!

Going For a quick boot up the king in around 40 min or so if anyone wants to join. I'd imagine the turns will be total death chunder the whole way down but pm me if you'd like to join anyway

2-4" on Taylor today. Wasn't too crowded.

Chief Joe showing 7" at Targhee, not sure if they're allowing uphill traffic or not this week.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    2-4" on Taylor today. Wasn't too crowded.

Chief Joe showing 7" at Targhee, not sure if they're allowing uphill traffic or not this week.
    No uphill allowed until April 29... I called today. So, where and how to get up high is my current dilemma.