Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

On another note, cave couloir was covered with some nice turns, getting through the boulder field sucked tho

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhucker View Post
    Hiked up to Garnet to check out conditions Saturday, decided at the jctn w/ Taggart Lake trail to stash a Black Patagucci Rubicon Rider ~ 4 yrs old tucked up in a tree to stay dry so I wouldn't have to lug it around all day. Came back down around 4:30 and it was gone. Stopped at the taggart lake turnoff to see if anyone saw it, talked to a very stupid Aussi couple that saw it tucked under the tree and thought it had been dropped (6 ft up in a tree all folded and tucked in) these fuckers decided it would be a good idea to place the jacket in the middle of the trail so someone would find it, and someone obviously did, an thats as far as I've gotten. Fuck, maybe it was a stupid idea to stash something like that but seriously? What the fuck do they think happened, I dropped it accidentally 5 ft up a tree? If anybody picked it up I'd love it back, its a long shot but oh well.
    Can't hurt to call KMTN, (not durning TNT), and the jocks will get it on the air. Good luck.

Hiked up to Garnet to check out conditions Saturday, decided at the jctn w/ Taggart Lake trail to stash a Black Patagucci Rubicon Rider ~ 4 yrs old tucked up in a tree to stay dry so I wouldn't have to lug it around all day. Came back down around 4:30 and it was gone. Stopped at the taggart lake turnoff to see if anyone saw it, talked to a very stupid Aussi couple that saw it tucked under the tree and thought it had been dropped (6 ft up in a tree all folded and tucked in) these fuckers decided it would be a good idea to place the jacket in the middle of the trail so someone would find it, and someone obviously did, an thats as far as I've gotten. Fuck, maybe it was a stupid idea to stash something like that but seriously? What the fuck do they think happened, I dropped it accidentally 5 ft up a tree? If anybody picked it up I'd love it back, its a long shot but oh well.
    Not turned in at the Visitor Center, but if you want to file a lost report, leave name/number/description at 739-3350.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

You're calling the Oz couple "very stupid"?
    priceless.

nice conditions for golf yesterday, first day of local rates at jh golf and tennis.

they aerated greens on front nine yesterday so only the back nine was open.

Played it twice...
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    nice conditions for golf yesterday, first day of local rates at jh golf and tennis.

they aerated greens on front nine yesterday so only the back nine was open.

Played it twice...
    Walked the Links, perfect afternoon, great conditions, $19 and they allow dogs.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Walked the Links, perfect afternoon, great conditions, $19 and they allow dogs.
    Cool. The Links is down the road from me, and I've never golfed with my dog. I'll have to try that.
    Had never played jh golf and tennis.

Maybe next week at the links per forecasts...
    Aggressive in my own mind

Another nice day on Togwotee. New snow is shearing Q1 off last week's leftover melt/freeze hardpack. If it keeps snowing/loading, it could become a bit sketchy.... Happy Thursday!
    to ski another day

Get ready for the gnar, actually just a couple friends and a dog enjoying fresh snow.

Today was fun!

Togwotee =)
    'cast the future past'

I'm heading to Teton Nat'l Park on Tuesday for some fall adventures with the lady. Only been to Jackson in February/March.
    Any recommendations for this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I'm heading to Teton Nat'l Park on Tuesday for some fall adventures with the lady. Only been to Jackson in February/March.
    Any recommendations for this time of year?
    Dornans, any time of year...

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Dornans, any time of year...
    However, they have, by FAR, the WORST 'pizza' (if you could call it that) in the area.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, they have, by FAR, the WORST 'pizza' (if you could call it that) in the area.
    Ya, they really have fallen apart kitchenwise the last couple years. But to belly up to that bar....

Great bar. Classic. And a superb wine selection, (store) outstanding, really. If you are into that sort of thing.
    Want a nice mid 80's Chateauxnuef De Pape? No worries, they probable have three.

hootenanny!!!
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

So ski season might be out a couple weeks but construction season is in full swing! Seems like every empty lot has an excavator digging right now. Not the birds I wanna hear waking me up at 7am.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    So ski season might be out a couple weeks but construction season is in full swing! Seems like every empty lot has an excavator digging right now. Not the birds I wanna hear waking me up at 7am.
    No shit. And taking Broadway down to one lane blows.

Never leaving the West Bank. What a mess... Fishing has been all time this week though
    to ski another day

Hoping to make it back up to Togwotee at the end of this week after this system drops some fresh. Was up there a week and a half ago and it was awesome. Only issue was between Wednesday and Thursday morning some assholes decided to boot pack all the way up the skin track we set earlier. Really people?

Hope the warm stretch we had doesn't make stability an issue, time and some pit digging will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarbs View Post
    Never leaving the West Bank. What a mess... Fishing has been all time this week though
    If you don't leave the West Bank, where ya gonna go for tacos and curry?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
    Hope the warm stretch we had doesn't make stability an issue, time and some pit digging will tell.
    A warm early season is a good thing....
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Bottom line is it needs to start and not stop, and I think its about time for it to do that. Going off webcams this "storm" looks like a pile of horse shit to me.

Mid day snack

Targhee allow uphill traffic before opening? Any idea how coverage is? Hard to tell with the cams.