Funniest Gapers Ever on Snowlerblades

Sorry, the pics didn't come out... But we saw the most unreal gapers ever. EVER. They were at JH last weekend. Here is what we saw:

1)Lead guy: Neon green one piece, very tight in the seat. goggles, no hat. snowlerblades. skis pretty fast, but then drifts off to the side of an AV trail and gets caught in a bush. goes to the park and busts a daffy successfully.

2)Blue suited woman: one-piece, stretch bottom. very frightened. follows along, but does nothing special other than wear a blue, stretch one piece. snowlerblades, of course.

3) Kid with jacket open, snowlerblades, 80s style cordouroy (sp?) hat - the kind with the rope across the brim. Made a comment to him like, "This is hillarious." He gave me a look like, "What is hillarious, you dick?" At that moment, i knew this was no joke.

4) Purple person, not very good on the blades. Gets caught in the orange netting around the park. (Warren Miller style). It takes a while to get unstuck. Tries to ski into the park, but one blade had released, and is being dragged. Toepick... crashes onto face. after a few minutes, he/she gets ready to go over the first hit. About 15 yards in front of the jump, pulls a grab (while not airborne). very stylie. goes up and pulls of a twister spread.

repeat 4 times. it was out of control. there was a sizable crowd just following them around AV, trying to get pictures, but eventually they got piszed and left...

SNOWLERBLADING IS FUN SNOWLERBLADING IS RAD

WE'RE JUST HOPING IT'S NOT A FAD!

SNOWLERBLADES,BY GAE CO.
    Calmer than you dude

I was at kitzbuhel during hannekahm and this austrian in our crew we had been partyin with waiting for the mountain to open shows up with snowblades!

But he ripped! I can't believe how he managed to stick with the pack even with all the pow. He had regular skis but he said it would have been hard to bring them because they were too big for his travels.

Prost to Tomas!
    Livin the moon time.

it was prolly B-CREW
    Last edited by lax; 03-12-2005 at 01:51 PM.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

"There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Haha just noticed their leader has his poles over his shoulder. Awesome.

Ok, now imagine those guys in neon green... and shrink those one pieces until they can get no tighter... hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by lax
    it was prolly B-CREW
    Wow, that video was too much. There are actually snowlerblader "crews" on the EC. Outrageous.

What's so wrong with snowlerblades? I was impressed how big those guys in the video were going with such a tiny landing platform. If there's only hard snow, why not snowlerblade? Why the hate?
    Last edited by Sphinx; 03-12-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Whats wrong with snowlerblading?I think you can answer that one for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx
    What's so wrong with snowlerblades? I was impressed how big those guys in the video were going with such a tiny landing platform. If there's only hard snow, why not snowlerblade? What the hate?
    Sure, what you said makes sense from a logical point of view. However, there is just something wrong with snowlerblades, it's some crime against aesthetics and nature that I can't quite put into words.

A good example would be those little Vespa scooters that people drive around. They make sense in certain situations, but that doesn't really matter, because in the end you look quite gay. For a little more effort you could have a motorcycle, which is much, much better.

You catchin what I'm throwin?

You guys are just all jealous that they can rip harder than you on snowlerblades.

I'm gonna get some and mounted them with Fritschis, so I can be stylin' in the backcountry.

to be a cool snowler blader you need a saucer or big mountian snowlerblades or both
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by gramps

A good example would be those little Vespa scooters that people drive around. They make sense in certain situations, but that doesn't really matter, because in the end you look quite gay. For a little more effort you could have a motorcycle, which is much, much better.

You catchin what I'm throwin?
    Yeah, I dig. Just go to Paris or Amsterdam. You see people on modes of transport that look cool as they pull up to your table at the cafe and chain it to a street sign and light a cigarette. But in most places in America, even Manhattan, that would look quite, um, dorky.

Say, did the blue suited woman have a nice butt? I need to picture this.

that video made my fucking week...

so funny, i loved the body grinds....

What's so wrong with snowlerblades? I was impressed how big those guys in the video were going with such a tiny landing platform. If there's only hard snow, why not snowlerblade? Why the hate?
    There are some things that are just unavoidably gay-looking, regardless of how functional they are. For example:
    Snowlerblades
    One-piece suits
    Vespa scooters
    The word "fabulous"
    Mr. Clean
    Since it's traditional to hate things associated with gayness, hating snowlerblades is perfectly natural.

That's just crazy talk.

Snowlerblades are hot. Especially tele-snowlerblades. That's sexy. You guys are jealous haters.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

as funny as most people on snowlerblades are they do have legitimate use. When I was a ski instructure we used to use them for balance drills. You learn very fast were your normal stance puts you over the skis.

riding up the lift Friday night, heard a blader bitching:

"all this powder is so annoying."
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Isn't B-CREW a bunch of people from this board?

Quote Originally Posted by lax
    it was prolly B-CREW
    Heh. I see someone doesn't like it...
    "never the antagonist, but... that's awful fellas" Posted by: Hockasorass

similar to rollerblades...and recumbent bicycles...and rafting while a guide rows. no balls?

(sorry spats!)
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

speaking of gapers I was informed of the " sweet powder stash" off the summit of bachelor today by Portland folk on the lift. There was powder off the summit for sure..... KA-powder!!!! spring conditions aren't bad for PNW

Hardest part about snowlerblading?

Why, telling your parents that you are gay, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What's so wrong with snowlerblades? I was impressed how big those guys in the video were going with such a tiny landing platform. If there's only hard snow, why not snowlerblade?
    Why the hate?
    To quote Homer Simpson:
    "Their clothes are different than our clothes."