Here is a crosspost as I thought that some of you might be interested.

I did a compilation TR (a few of the TRs have been posted here, but not all) of my 85.7% sample of European Late Summer Skiing in 2011.

By August 2011, only seven ski areas in Europe were still offering liftserved skiing (FirstTracksOnline News).

- Tignes, France
- Les Deux Alpes, France
- Zermatt, Switzerland
- Saas-Fee, Switzerland
- Passo dello Stelvio, Italy
- Hintertux, Austria (August and September)
- Mölltaler Gletscher, Austria

(Individual TRs links in compilation TR)

I wasn’t in Europe to ski, but I was going to ski in Europe. I had hoped going skiing on our last Summer in Europe back in 1998, but a record heat wave and a freak accident prevented me from doing so.

This time, 13 years later, I was going to cross off the months August and September in my ski streak. Then it occurred to me, wouldn’t be interesting to make a comparison between each ski areas still activate within the same time period. It didn’t start that way, but as time the weeks passed by, it became a goal. The fact that I probably not return to do a summer tour of European glaciers made it even more appealing. Visiting them side-by-side in the same time period at the closing of the Summer season and give me a better ideas of what Europe got to offer to skiers in the late Summer months.

Only Zermatt and Hintertux are open year-round while the others shutdown once the Summer comes to an end: some of them for a few weeks, while Passo dello Stelvio is only open in Summer.

This is a list of different aspect of each summer ski areas. I don’t like to talk about “Best of” lists, but the following is more according to my opinions, thus the reason why I call it “Favorites”. For many of them, the actual summer terrain was greater than what was left at the end of the season. The following only reflected of what was left.

Click link to continue : Late Summer 2011 : Skiing 85.7% of lift running Europe
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2013/...unning-europe/