Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Ski Journal | Seth Morrison TGR Stoke package

Matt Wibby here with The Ski Journal

The first issue of the The Ski Journal for the 2013/2014 winter is now shipping, sporting Seth Morrison on the cover and an 18-page feature on the Legend of Seth Vicious. As a bit of extra stoke for the TGR community, I would like to offer a special promo code to TGR forum members. With a paid subscription, enter promo code Maggot at checkout and you will receive a free The Ski Journal beanie, a stack of stickers and a Seth Morrison-signed copy of The Ski Journal #7.1. Seth signed less than 100 copies and they will go fast.

Frame the issue, leave on the toilet or display on your coffee table. Use as you wish, but respect the Vicious.

Subscribe at www.theskijournal.com

*Sold Out of signed Seth issues*... The promo code is still valid for a free beanie and stickers with a paid subscription.

Last edited by Wibby; 10-03-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Are there still signed copies left? I've thought of subscribing for a while and this seems as good a reason as any to finally do it.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Are there still signed copies left? I've thought of subscribing for a while and this seems as good a reason as any to finally do it.
    yes. we do have more signed Seth issues... I will post when the signed issues are gone.

Ordered it today. Oh boy, new reading material with snow in it. Damn this 90 degree LA heatwave. thanks matt
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

How about us longtime OG subscribers? No love? No beanies?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

That'd be nice. Especially as (IIRC) our subscriptions just auto renew.

I want a free hat dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So.... It's 40 bucks for 4 issues!? That a bit pricey...

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Have you ever seen one?

It's a bit of a bargain actually.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Have you ever seen one?

Agreed. More good stuff in those 4 issues than in the 7 years of other skis mags you'll get at the same price

Nice offer, signed up today. By chance do you get a free digital edition with a hard copy sub?

Want. When I try to check out it says "Shipping (USPS No Shipping)" with a radio button beside it. Just above is "USPS", but no radio button. I'm in Canada, selected the $55 option for that. But "no shipping" doesn't sound good.

^^^^free shipping for mags?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    ^^^^free shipping for mags?
    Subscriptions have shipping built into the price. If you get stuck on checkout ' calculating shipping' hit 'next and will continue. And if any TGR folk would like to order products or items. Here is a free shipping code BRO .
    Last edited by Wibby; 09-06-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Ordered! I have looked at a couple old issues and was always impressed with the quality of the Ski Journal. Excited to have a subscription now.

Yhanks man, I'm in

Ordered. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I totally agree.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by ALP snow View Post
    Ordered! I have looked at a couple old issues and was always impressed with the quality of the Ski Journal. Excited to have a subscription now.
    As a subscriber from the beginning I very much feel you should send me the free stuff you receive.

wait a minute. that was my idea! ^^^^ I want the beanie!

The TGR crowd is similar to my work crowd when it comes to free stuff

How old are those chips

I dunno?

Are they stale?

A little

Are they free?

Yep

Pass them over here bro
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

^^^Truth. Skiers in general I think, no?

I have to say I really love The Ski Journal. I do wish the type were a little bigger but that's splitting hairs.

I do often marvel at the incentives many companies offer to generate new business (I get the point) whilst ignoring those who have supported them by being customers for long periods of time. Comcast is a huge offender. Great deals if you're new, 'fuck you, we've gotcha' if you're already onboard (I get the point there too). Cel providers too.

I'm probably not going to stop doing business with any of them because they won't give me any love, but wouldn't it be nice if someone like, say, Comcast, gave you a free month every once in a while just to say "thanks for being a loyal customer"?

Pagliacci Pizza in Seattle does it. We've been steady, if not frequent, customers for years. Every once in a while we'll place an order and when it shows up the delivery dood says, "This one's on us! Thanks for your business!" and walks away. It's random, they don't tell you ahead of time, and the good will it generates is pretty huge.

In the case of TSJ, who I do adore and would never consider dropping because I didn't get a beanie, I have to think that those of us who subscribed early were a big part of the fact that they still exist. Not sure what you do as a magazine publisher to show your appreciation and it's not even really necessary. TSJ no doubt operates on a pretty thin margin and beanies for all subscribers would be a bad idea, but it's just kinda the principle of the thing. I strongly suspect TSJ does appreciate their subscribers as that business is probably a labor of love anyway, and I'm glad they do it. Just talking out of my ass here. Not unusual for me to do that.

^^^Truth. Skiers in general I think, no?

I have to say I really love The Ski Journal. I do wish the type were a little bigger but that's splitting hairs.

I do often marvel at the incentives many companies offer to generate new business (I get the point) whilst ignoring those who have supported them by being customers for long periods of time. Comcast is a huge offender. Great deals if you're new, 'fuck you, we've gotcha' if you're already onboard (I get the point there too). Cel providers too.

I'm probably not going to stop doing business with any of them because they won't give me any love, but wouldn't it be nice if someone like, say, Comcast, gave you a free month every once in a while just to say "thanks for being a loyal customer"?

Pagliacci Pizza in Seattle does it. We've been steady, if not frequent, customers for years. Every once in a while we'll place an order and when it shows up the delivery dood says, "This one's on us! Thanks for your business!" and walks away. It's random, they don't tell you ahead of time, and the good will it generates is pretty huge.

In the case of TSJ, who I do adore and would never consider dropping because I didn't get a beanie, I have to think that those of us who subscribed early were a big part of the fact that they still exist. Not sure what you do as a magazine publisher to show your appreciation and it's not even really necessary. TSJ no doubt operates on a pretty thin margin and beanies for all subscribers would be a bad idea, but it's just kinda the principle of the thing. I strongly suspect TSJ does appreciate their subscribers as that business is probably a labor of love anyway, and I'm glad they do it. Just talking out of my ass here. Not unusual for me to do that.
    I thought you got all yer ski gear from Goodwill and Value Village? Now your whining to TSJ for a fucking beanie? Cheap bastard!
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

We have much love for longtime subscribers... really we do. Without our readers, The Ski Journal does not exist. Thank you all for the support.

Regarding promo for current subscribers. multiple times per year we offer a free beanie to readers via facebook and email blasts (check your email). In the future, if you are renewing and do not have a promo code handy, when you are signing up, in the comment box at checkout, mention your TGR handle and we will hook you up with whatever we have in stock.

If you are a current reader. For a beanie, we do encourage you to renew. Although if you are in the middle of a two year subscription or you really need that beanie, send me a pm and we will take care of you.

Matt, great answer.

Scotty, get back to your place behind me as my cheapness minion.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Cost vs. value. Their pubs are basically coffee table photo books without a hardcover and worth every damn penny (this is coming from someone that is a MASSIVE cheap fuck and I've gone as far as sending a few surprise subs to friends and family)

If The Ski Journal hats are anything like the FF Journal tees keep them away from dogs. I've had two and never got to wear one, I think they are made with some kind of yellow lab attracting cotton. You've been warned.
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.