Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor View Post
    New guy with avy control, less confidence?
    Yup. Rudi's been doing that as long as I've been here at the very least.

some k country stoke for yall

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1276422_10151742927023853_247553355_o.jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	141736  
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Sweet! Although I'm having a kid pretty soon so who knows if I'll get out this season...

Lamothe got promoted?? sick pick dude.

should be able to provide one or two photos this year. I finally upgraded from the traditionally cambered to some nice new rockered ones, just in time for this new crazy slarving side rockered craziness. classic

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Yup. Rudi's been doing that as long as I've been here at the very least.
    not sure its really anything to worry about. Its a small enough industry that there's a good chance whoever gets the gig has worked there before or has skied the area a bunch at least. Weather & how the snowpack develops will affect openings more than anything.

awesome pic Lamothe!

another buddy just bought a sled ...

I'm braaaAAAAAAAAAApin in my dreams ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    some k country stoke for yall

Nice!

Snowing up at Kootenay Pass this afternoon. Still too soon to stick, but winter's coming to the Koots.

Shadam, did you talk the little woman into going back to the mountains? Or you sledding the great white prairies this winter?

Ski hills are like strippers.
    They only look good from far far away....

^hahaha

Went skiing yesterday. Took a easier looking approach to an old area, and ended up taking way longer to get there. Semi-lost most of the day and nil vis cuz it kept on fucking snowing! So we completely missed what we meant to ski, and wouldn't have had the time to climb it, had we found it.

Two turns of glory then a lot of rock, yayyyy. Month 12 bitchessss

Bump, because page 2 won't do.

Question: I seem to remember a few local maggs have skied Elan Boomerangs. Any suggestions on mounting point for bindings? I never trust the marked boot centre.

Those of you who've skied with me know I'm an old-school, front seat driver.

BTW, if it was 7 degrees cooler right now, we'd be up to out nuts in snow by tomorrow at Kimbo. Hoping this is a sign of the winter to come!

you ask the million dollar question ...
    my funds are dwindling so I better get used to tinned tuna and rice to afford sled gas if I return to the mtns, coz I aint giving up beer!
    my sugarmama won't leave this god forsaken swamp,
    but she pays for everything including all the beer I can drink !!!

so do I break her heart?
    or live a super easy life in a frozen shit hole and visit the mtns for 3 seperate weeks thru out the season?

some of these miss informed inbreds call this place "gods country" ... ARE YOU FARKED IN THE HEAD??? clearly non of you cousin marrying simpletons have ever been futher than Toon-town eh? (or its called Stoon)
    for farks sake, there is nothing that can be done here that can't be doen in the mtns.
    4x4ing
    sledding
    fishing
    boating
    lakes rivers
    drinking beer
    quading

thats about it, maybe about the only thing I can think of is being stuck in a peet bog ... like thats something to be proud of.

now if I were to list all the things that can be done in the mtns not only would it be twice as long a list but it would all be FARKING ORSUM !!!

ok maybe canola doesn't grow so well in golden eh ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    you ask the million dollar question ...
    my funds are dwindling so I better get used to tinned tuna and rice to afford sled gas if I return to the mtns, coz I aint giving up beer!
    my sugarmama won't leave this god forsaken swamp,
    but she pays for everything including all the beer I can drink !!!

so do I break her heart?
    or live a super easy life in a frozen shit hole and visit the mtns for 3 seperate weeks thru out the season?

some of these miss informed inbreds call this place "gods country" ... ARE YOU FARKED IN THE HEAD??? clearly non of you cousin marrying simpletons have ever been futher than Toon-town eh? (or its called Stoon)
    for farks sake, there is nothing that can be done here that can't be doen in the mtns.
    4x4ing
    sledding
    fishing
    boating
    lakes rivers
    drinking beer
    quading

thats about it, maybe about the only thing I can think of is being stuck in a peet bog ... like thats something to be proud of.

now if I were to list all the things that can be done in the mtns not only would it be twice as long a list but it would all be FARKING ORSUM !!!

ok maybe canola doesn't grow so well in golden eh ...

get out dude or just be resentful anyways.

T2c and Spooky both got face shots last week . they are holding out on us with the stokage!
    Last edited by Lamothe; 09-29-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    T2c and Spooky both got face shots last week . they are holding out of use with the stokage!
    Tis true, a nice early season surprise. Will post up some shots when I get time.

TNF sample sale this week in Calgary. Spring/Fall gear in sample size only.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by RODGERS View Post
    Ski hills are like strippers.
    They only look good from far far away....

Just thought I'd leave this here for you guys!

Bluehouse Group Buy! Killer ski, even better company!

Bluehouse Group Buy

Hey guys! As most of you know, I’ve had a pretty close relationship with Bluehouse over the past few years and they have been incredibly supportive of the trials of the past year as I work to return to skis and the industry.
    We (Bluehouse and I) are stoked to offer a group buy for all the mags on here that have been so rad! (Heck, even non-mags can buy

All Bluehouse skis are made in the good ole USA and are ready to ship within the next few weeks, just in time for spinning chairs!
    We are very very stoked on the new Yokozuna and I can’t wait to get my hands on a pair, so be sure to check them out. Let me know if you guys have any questions and I’d be more than happy to help out. I am super stoked to get my foot back in the game and get back to doing what I love!

So here is what we got!

District 176,186cm 176 cm: 136-108-129 mm 188 cm: 136-111-128 mm
    $380
    One of the most versatile skis on the market the District is a traditional camber, all-mountain twin-tip that shreds the powder and carves groomed runs. Handmade in Salt Lake City, with 111mm of underfoot width, the District is a great ski for both on and off-piste runs. The District offers plenty of width to keep you afloat in deep, light powder and a 150 cm running length for stability on hardpacked snow. 5mm of camber and a turning radius of 26.6 for the 188cm and 23m for the 176 a skier can carve big GS style turns with stability on any terrain. It was designed for any and all conditions, show up to the mountain, snow, sun, powder, crud, bumps, and destroy anything in sight. Welcome to the District.

MR 165, 175, 181cm 125- 99 -122
    $360
    The MR was designed for the whole mountain. A traditional camber gives the MR a playful and maneuverable feel. The MR provides a basic platform for all types of skiers at any level, at 99mm underfoot and 5mm of camber, gives the rider the ability to go anywhere and enjoy no matter the conditions. Whether its the park or the tippity top of the mountain the MR will be a great companion. East or West the MR is a great way to go when deciding between a carver ski and a powder ski.
    Precinct 174, 181, 191 174 cm & 181 cm - 136-112-126 mm; 191 cm - 140-116-130 mm
    $400
    This is a rad and versatile ski! It’s what will be my go to ski this winter for sure!
    The Precinct is an original. Designed and constructed for the West. The Precinct was given the unique design of a Fat ski with a front rocker profile and a 5mm camber underfoot for better control on groomed surfaces. The width gives them flotation, the rocker allows control in the trees, and camber provides stability on the groomed runs. Under 10 pounds the District makes for a touring ski comparable to some of its pricier counterparts.

Maestro 169 cm, 178 cm, 189 cm, 195 cm 134-118-131
    169 dimensions 134-112-125
    $400
    I’ve been on the Maestro for the past five years through all its versions, it just keeps getting better. A true one quiver western ski. Super playful, but there when ya need it!
    The Maestro is a full rocker smooth as butter of a ski. Designed to go where you want to take it, the full rocker provides the flotation on soft snow and cuts through crud when the snow is all gone. Don’t be afraid to take the Maestro on the groomers. It can hold an edge for big GS turns all the way down the ice rink if you need. The Maestro has been a staple in the Bluehouse lineup since its inception in 2007, and continues to inspire skiers with its imaginative graphics and playful vibe. Being slightly more stiff than in previous years will add stability to the rider at higher speeds. The Maestros turn radius is 22m to 18m depending on the size selected, providing incentive to carve big all the way down the hill, stable, and streamlined.

Finally the two new skis for this year:
    Yokozuna 184 cm, 193 cm 152-122-149
    $415
    Yokozuna is the title given to the sumo wrestling champion of the world, and the buffalo is considered the king of the west. Those titles together make the Yokozuna the Grand King Champion of powder skiing. 122mm underfoot the Yokozuna can float smooth turns on the deepest of days. It has a 24.7m turning radius for controlled cuts while slashing the pow like a katana. When all the powder is gone the Yokozuna still handles whatever is thrown at it, controlling the groomed and crud with a E. Honda, hundred hand slap. All skiing is, is a controlled fall, so do it in style with the new “Skiers Magazine” choice, Yokozuna.

McFly 174, 182
    McFly rocker 174, 182

118-84-115 in either traditional or rocker camber profile
    $320

The McFly is for the park skier who wants a lightweight, durable ski that comes in a both rocker profile and traditional camber. The sidecut on the McFly has a 18.6m radius on the 182cm and a 17.8m radius on the 174cm. The McFly has the swagger of Marty and the brains of Dr. Brown. Offered in a rocker and non-rocker version that come in a 174cm or 182cm. Handmade with the park skier in mind the Mcfly was built to stomp landings, crush rails, and meet the unexpected. Built with the lightest most durable materials the Mcfly is a handcrafted piece of work for your double corks or your old school screamin’ semens. Extremely controllable both in the air and on the ground the Mcfly is balanced to float like a hoverboard in 2013.

Prices are valid until Oct 15, just get in touch with me and I’ll let you know how to pay the price online!

We also have a few pair of last years skis for sale at www.factorydirectskis.com such as Panda Maestros for $215.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Gripen , is that the price I Can$ delivered AB/BC ? or is shipping duty etc on top of that?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Gripen , is that the price I Can$ delivered AB/BC ? or is shipping duty etc on top of that?

Prices in USD

No duty as they are USA made. Doesn't include shipping as far as I know but if there is enough for a bundle I bet something can worked out.

Edit. $40 flat rate shipped to Canada can be bundled.
    Last edited by Gripen; 10-01-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

So the snow is slowly piling up...anyone want to go for very early season ski/hike/scouting missions?

I'm willing to hike for a few crappy turns (like angry sasquatches above post) so I can get in shape for the season and practice/refresh b/c snow/avy skills.

Also looking to get back into fall/winter camping for the first time in a long while.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 10-01-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Prices in USD

No duty as they are USA made. Doesn't include shipping as far as I know but if there is enough for a bundle I bet something can worked out.

Edit. $40 flat rate shipped to Canada can be bundled.

Let me know if you decide to make an order. I'm on the fence, and splitting shipping might tip me.

And I'm out of bees.
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

its not so much the shipping its the brokerage ( should have put brokerage not duty)

Sitting on fence also, Gripen - you get any $$ out of deal?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

its not so much the shipping its the brokerage ( should have put brokerage not duty)

Sitting on fence also
    Ok, lemme know. It's not like I don't have any bindings sitting around.
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Sitting on fence also, Gripen - you get any $$ out of deal?
    Shipping is via USPS Canada Post. No silly UPS brokerage .

And I am making a percentage of sales. Got to pay the rent!

-The Gylfaginning

If it is shipped via USPS/Canada post you shouldn't have to pay more than sales tax (if the shipment is truthfully declared as new) and possibly a 9.95 handling fee. But no exorbitant brokerage.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Shipping is via USPS Canada Post. No silly UPS brokerage .

And I am making a percentage of sales. Got to pay the rent!
    double good - USPS and you making money

If 3-4 shipped in one shipped together is $40? CA I think is in if larva are included

When shipped to BC do you have to pay PST with the GST? Just for future ref as my days with a AB mailing address are numbered, 42 to be exact(working).
    Last edited by DougW; 10-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.