Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2821
    Last April there was a day where your ollie would need to clear 200 vertical feet. But, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I can still remember hiking a high T behind Skiin Ian a winter or two ago. He stopped for a ten second breather on a ledge to take a look at te lines and some guy who just shows up on our traverse then steps off to get around us an proceeds to put a waist deep diagonal across the entire bowl until he connects with the low traverse on the other side. The free market sucks. It is too crowded with too many people with too many different goals. But the Wild West rules. If you want an interrupted fall line turns head out to the BC.
    you forget the part where ian would yell at the guy for low sucking....

btw, the proper protocol when he stops to take a quick breather is to jokingly nudge him to the side (almost off the traverse) and continue to break trail or set the pace

Got out with shakyknees today, our original target was blanketed with low clouds and no visibility, had to settle for a couple untracked steep runs, bummer for us

Looking down the first run

Second run looks pretty tasty also

It was!
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 03-28-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Good stuff today! Here's Tahoe BC on the first run:

All the hikes (except High-T) opened at AM today. There are also traverse lines everywhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Got out with shakyknees today, our original target was blanketed with low clouds and no visibility, had to settle for a couple untracked steep runs, bummer for us

Looking down the first run

Second run looks pretty tasty also

It was!
    Main Street? Were you headed to AK?

Yep been biding my time waiting for the right conditions to head back there, really stable steeps right now, but it was socked in big time, pretty much zero viz.
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 03-29-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Anyone knows how the conditions are in halls of god, including the approach, either from south lake tahoe or frog lake?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Windy as fuck at Kfactor right now. Looks like they're gonna try to load 6.

Looking across from the south side of tallac a week ago, Halls looked pretty bad, mini may go with a choke, hard to tell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2633_crop.JPG 
Views:	238 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	153479  

Howling wind all night and still going now, on East side near Reno. Rose reporting 1-2" and claiming they're going to run some lifts. Sounds unpleasant...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Shit show on the West Slope this morning. Wheels up CRV at Yuba Gap, LX460 off the SB access road, etc.

What they run should be fun though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Thanks, tahoe bc.
    Going to tamarack this morning.

What bc steeps have good coverage this year?

some of you should stop posting...
    it makes it clear that either A: youre a liar
    or
    B: youre clueless
    Ill be at alpine this afternoon if anyone needs a guide, free of charge, just dont expect me to wait for you!

Carry On...

Damn. The posting police have shown up. More regulation with a bit of dick waving. Sweet.

Rod, anything around Carson Pass has decent coverage. Not great, but decent.

Rain just turned to grapple at the house, not sure if this occurred higher up also, something to be on the lookout for tomorrow.

Shall I be the first to stop posting?

Tamarack was great this morning.

Alpine Summary: It was a lovely day bell to bell at Alpine.

Detail:
    Summit opened late. something about freezing rain over night.

Couple inches of snow on lower mtn, on heavy side, but skied well in place like Ladie's salmon. 1st thing is was snowing hard on whole mtn.

Summit opened by 10am. near zero visibility at the top.

Mid-day (startign ~10:30): Lower mtn warmed quickly, Top stayed cold. Made for challenging conditions even for good gotex gear. Lots of wet gloves....

Lower mtn snow became heavy and lumpy. (kind of sucked). Upper mtn snow stayed cold. (kinda skied great).

Late-day(>2pm) Lower mtn got cold again (easier on the 3rd pair of gloves for the day.) Visibility improved at the top so skiing outside of the trees was reasonable and lots of fun. places like the D's and the Palisades will filling in nicely. The heavy snow line was about the top of Roundhouse, with a few wind blown in places skiiing smoothly a little lower.

Snowing hard at lake level as I type.
    Last edited by StormDay; 03-29-2014 at 06:17 PM.

it's nice to see some actual lake-level snow for a change...
    Still waiting...

Dumpin heavy, wet snow at the parallel parking seminar on 80 @ Kingvale

probably dumped 3" in the past 2 hours in central truckee since it switched from snain to snow

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    it's nice to see some actual lake-level snow for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    How so? It's just as easy for a snowboarder to go out along the high Wall traverse road as a skier on his hideously fat skis.
    Agreed, the first skier can't set a good track all the way across either (I can't). I'm thinking if the traverse aimed just below the rock at the edge of All The Way, (usually the high wall T goes here) most snowboarders could make it fine. Above the rock is probably too much to ask, though it's a good spot to continue a traverse across the bench to the chutes further out.

Getting a good track through the Sentinel trees requires that the first few drop the chutes below the trees, or regain the altitude lost in pow, and I don't see either happening. The tree traverse has been hopelessly low this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I predict that frontside of kirkwood will open on sunday. i doubt the gnar terrain at SB will open this season. I would like to be wrong.
    I predict backside, too. Traverse fans everywhere for everyone! And sweet deep pow, while it lasts!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    well at kirkwood, they'd have to ban snowboarders for that to happen.
    I could be convinced this is a good idea, but the Alta thread has that covered. Also, I own a board.

Meantime, I'm dreaming of tomorrow's pow shots, and hoping for a day the traverse fans go away.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

2-4pm was the tits today at Alpine, resets on every run. Wish they would have kept spinning the lifts till 7pm, it was just starting to get really really good at 4pm.