Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    It was disappointing not to see any tracks on Freel from Powdork or Darkstar, looked like there might have been enough snow in that gully between Freel and the little sub peak

SLT Teaching Market?

Yo SLT Mags,

What's the job market like for an elementary school teacher with 8-9 years of experience (kinder and 1st) in South Lake Tahoe right now? Any ideas? Feel free to PM me so as not to clutter the thread. TIA for any input you may have.[/threadjack]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

aaaand Dark Star rings in the bell for 13/14. Applause.

Quote Originally Posted by State of the Backcountry
    https://www.facebook.com/stateofthebackcountry

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

a little wind on the lake on the leading edge of the next front

splash by chadbrownimages, on Flickr

Great way to scrape off the storage wax. WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

If anyone here who skis Squawlpine is looking for a lease, we still have a few spots open, so PM me for details if you're interested. 4 bedroom house just across the 89 by the river near the beginning of Squaw Valley Road. Everyone is in their 30's to early 40's.

TahoeJ comes highly recommended.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

TahoeJ has a PM

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    just across the 89
    TahoeJ grew up in the south end of the state?
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I thought all you native Californians talked that way. No?

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    TahoeJ grew up in the south end of the state?
    Nice catch. I grew up in the north bay but did spend several years in Santa Barbara that apparently rubbed off on me in ways I didn't realize. Fortunately I didn't provide detailed directions of my driving route. Although it appears this epidemic has spread north, as I hear a lot of people call it "the 101."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I thought all you native Californians talked that way. No?
    Hella, dude. Hella.

Although it appears this epidemic has spread north, as I hear a lot of people call it "the 101."
    Fucking Phantom Planet songs, man. Heheh.

How many Northern Californians does it take to change a light bulb?

I don't know, but I'll be at the Radical Reels show in Oakland tonight and can ask around. if you're a native, vibe talk to me. I'm dressed in office wear or bike shorts. haven't decided yet, but that's all the clotting I have with me.
    pm for beers before, especially if you're a backcountry skier who likes long walks in the snow...
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I don't know, but I'll be at the Radical Reels show in Oakland tonight and can ask around. if you're a native, vibe talk to me. I'm dressed in office wear or bike shorts. haven't decided yet, but that's all the clotting I have with me.
    pm for beers before, especially if you're a backcountry skier who likes long walks in the snow...
    I don't know either, although the internet says, "Three. One to change it, and two to argue over whether to go CFL or LED."

Check yo PMs, Mr. Pistoir.

"Three. One to change it, and two to argue over whether to go CFL or LED."
    That's not bad, but the correct answer is hella.

That's not bad, but the correct answer is hella.
    I laughed

THE 5, duh.

I don't know either, although the internet says, "Three. One to change it, and two to argue over whether to go CFL or LED."

Check yo PMs, Mr. Pistoir.
    That's ridiculous. You don't have to change LED bulbs--they last forever. Says so right on the package.

it's been a long time coming since people really gave KSL the biggest benefit of the doubt, but now the money managers seem to have different aims than the mountain folk. it well be interesting to see where this goes. I can't make the Sunday meeting, but am getting on the mailing list to take part however I can.
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/squaw-valley-town-125323/

... might as well put in plug for quick, easy SNOTEL data
    http://cires.colorado.edu/~aslater/SNOW/tahoe.html

Though Tahoe folks are probably over-saturated with info at this point.
    This year vs. climatology will reset in early October.
    /Non-commercial SPAM

pretty quiet in here. everyone go back to last year's thread?

having tangled with the white Dragon last year, gonna do a level II course this year. also liking the airbags. any locals have input on why Tahoe skiing is better with or without a balloon in your sack?

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    any locals have input on why Tahoe skiing is better with or without a balloon in your sack?
    because you look like a BAMF with one on your back. Yea its pretty quiet in here. Everyone must be out and about with the majority of the tourons staying at home. Its been pretty nice around here other than the road construction.

A balloon is just one more tool to keep me alive in the unlikely event of a slope misjudgment. Education is number one. Glad to see you working on level ll

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TGR Forums
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com