Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrohrbach View Post
    Don't know about you guys, but this solved my problem with the forward lean angle:

It's a stock Full Tilt forward lean wedge (the small one) inserted between the cuff and the base.

Is it perfect? No. I'd expect Dalbello to have come up with a simlar, branded solution to give us the option from the get-go. And the wedge doesn't quite cover the full surface of the lower shelf structure (although it perfectly covers the full contact area between the hike mechanism and the shelf).

…but it does solve my position problem.
    This is a great idea! I came up with my version focusing on the spoilers. I found, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, that the black spoiler does give a bit more feeling of forward lean, which baffles me, because it appears to be the thinner one. Anyway, it doesn't quite give me enough, so after trying various other alpine boot spoilers, like the ones from my Lange RX 130's, which didn't make much difference, I simply doubled up the spoilers.

If you look on the inside of the black spoilers, there is a groove just below the lip which matches up perfectly with the outer rim of the orange spoiler when placed together lining up the holes with the orange on the inside. I'm not sure if Dalbello intended this, but it works. The only thing they didn't include was a longer screw to secure both in place which is easy to find at a hardware store. Make sure the length and threads are correct. It is easy to strip the insert with too long or too short a screw and trying to over tighten it. The first time I tried this was with the black spoiler screwed in and the orange spoiler wedged in on the inside of it where it stayed, but long term, screwing them both in with a longer screw is advisable.

I would guess this mod puts you close to 13 or so based on comparing to my KR 2 pro's which came in the box with the 4mm wedge in the boot to give 13 degrees according to the instruction book included. Using both spoilers in the Lupo, as with a single spoiler, you can adjust the height, forward lean and rear support by using difference holes. Both spoilers up gave less forward lean, but more than either by itself, and both down max, while one up, the other down something in between. I have to say, I am getting used to the more upright position on some of my modern more forward mounted and rocketed skis, but it feels weird skiing some of my older traditional skis that I have kept in my quiver and still enjoy skiing, hence forward lean options. The rear Full Tilt wedge in the ski mode lock is pure genius though and perhaps simpler than my solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradical View Post
    The "Orange" tongue is a "B" flex (stiff - according to website) and the Black/Gray tongue is a "C" flex (medium - according to website). Letters are stamped on inside of tongue. So... the Orange tongue is more stiff than the Black/Gray.
    Nope. Exactly the opposite. And yes...I visually confirmed this. The Orange is the C (soft) tongue on the Lupo.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Yay, mine is the opposite as well. So there...

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Nope. Exactly the opposite. And yes...I visually confirmed this. The Orange is the C (soft) tongue on the Lupo.
    My orange tongues are B tongues. I don't think the color is significant as it seems they could be either or. The letter is the determiner. If in doubt, you can hand flex them out of the boot by putting them on the floor and pushing down on the top of the tongue. It is pretty evident which is the softer and which is the stiffer.

That's some weird shit...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Yup. My oranges are the stiffer b's.

another gray=C, orange=B...
    me thinks it varies...

Hm. I got mine right after they were released. When did you guys get Yours?
    Gravity. It's the law.

I bought a pair of the 2013-2014 Lupo SP's with ID liners new from level9 earlier this month. It came with grey and orange tongue but only the orange spoiler which was installed in the boot. Am I missing something or did the 2013-2014 only come with the one spoiler???

My 13-14s came with the black spoiler too.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Damn, I'm back in Australia now. Might be hard to chase them up! Thanks for the info.

Hi all.

I bought Lupo S.P. (2014-2015 model year) but have a feeling that it's too upright for me.. Started thinking about KR2..

Right now at http://www.dalbello.it/en/boots/big-mountain/kr2-pro-id I can see:

> KR models with 4 mm insert = 11° (stock)
    > KR models with 8 mm insert = 13° (in box)

But in a small paper book that comes with my Lupo SP I can see different data:

What data is correct?

Hi siroco,
    the right infos are in the owner manual (the small paper book)...

Dalbello
    Last edited by Dalbelloskiboot; 03-25-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalbelloskiboot View Post
    Hi siroco,
    the right infos are in the owner manual (the small paper book)...
    Dalbello
    Thanks a lot for your reply!

So, what was (is) on the webpage - this is a typo (wrong information):

Quote Originally Posted by siroco View Post
    So, what was (is) on the webpage - this is a typo (wrong information):

Based on what he said, the web is incorrect, and the booklet is correct - for the KR2. You said you have the Lupo, which is NOT the KR2.
    Gravity. It's the law.

^^^ and the Lupo's forward lean (I believe) is 9* with no forward lean adjustment.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ and the Lupo's forward lean (I believe) is 9* with no forward lean adjustment.
    It was another question of mine. Lupo SP 14-15 comes with orange rear spoiler which it thick and definitely brings some forward lean.
    In the box there's also black thin spoiler. So Lupo also has some sort of forward lean adjustment (using different spoilers). I just wonder what spoiler corresponds to what forward lean.

---

Yes, I have Lupo but thinking to change it to KR2 PRO (also 14-15). That's why I am asking.
    Last edited by siroco; 03-26-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by siroco View Post
    It was another question of mine. Lupo SP 14-15 comes with orange rear spoiler which it thick and definitely brings some forward lean.
    In the box there's also black thin spoiler. So Lupo also has some sort of forward lean adjustment (using different spoilers). I just wonder what spoiler corresponds to what forward lean.

---

Yes, I have Lupo but thinking to change it to KR2 PRO (also 14-15). That's why I am asking.
    I bought the Lupo and loved everything about it except for the forward lean. I had the same concerns having read that the KR2's have adjustable lean and then finding out after buying the Lupo that, because of the walk mode, it can't be adjusted in the same way. It comes with two spoilers. Earlier in this thread someone wrote that the black spoiler gives more forward lean, which I think it does, slightly. It looks about the same, but if you look closely, it is slightly thicker at the base than the orange one. Anyway, it gave me a feeling of more forward lean.

You can double the spoilers by either sliding the orange one in after putting on the boot, it stays nicely especially with some velcro to the boot alla Lange or buying a longer screw at any local hardware store and securing the orange one on the inside of the black. As per my post above, if you line the holes up, the outer lip of the orange fits into the groove on the inside of the black almost as if that was intended. It gives approx the same feel as the KR 2 at 13. I bought a Kr2 which I haven't skied, but have had them on side by side to compare.

Re the lean info on the Kr2. I would believe the booklet to be correct based on trying it in the various configurations side by side with the Lupo and my Lange RX 130's which are about 12 without spoiler. With no wedge it feels like about 11 beside the Lupo in stock 9 configuration. KR2 pro slightly more forward without the wedge.

I have the same dilemma. Keep the KR2 pro or try to make the Lupo work. I haven't skied the Lupo yet with the two spoilers, but I think that is going to be the money. The Full Tilt forward lean wedge Kevinrohrbach posted above looks promising too. I will report back when I next ski early next week. The walk mode, while nothing compared to a full touring boot, is sure nice for short hikes and even just from the car to the lift and the gripped soles are really nice. I forgot how treacherous the solid boot sole is until I nearly lost it several times on my hardwoods trying the K2's Pros on! You would definitely need cat tracks if you want to stay upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    Earlier in this thread someone wrote that the black spoiler gives more forward lean, which I think it does, slightly. It looks about the same, but if you look closely, it is slightly thicker at the base than the orange one. Anyway, it gave me a feeling of more forward lean.
    Seems that Dalbello does not have the same color for inserts and tongues all the time.

My orange tongue (Lupo SP 14-15) is much stiffer compared to the black one.

And my orange rear insert will definitely give more forward lean, see below:

Last edited by siroco; 03-28-2015 at 12:11 PM.

I skied the Lupo with both orange and black spoiler which definitely gives more forward lean for those wanting it. I actually felt it was too much for me. Maybe I'm just getting used to the upright stance of the Lupo. The Orange spoiler is thicker than the black, so I guess you could go with two blacks and get a bit more lean than just the orange, but less lean than doubling up the orange/black. Side by side with KR 2 Pros I felt like the black spoiler was Similar to the K2 2 without a spoiler and no lean wedge. With the Orange spoiler the Lupo was like a KR 2 with the spoiler but without the lean wedge approx 11 degrees. With the lean wedge the K2 would be at 13 degrees and I felt the Lupo with the orange and black spoilers doubled up was a bit more forward lean maybe 14 or 15 degrees. Two black spoiler doubled up should give something closer to 13 degrees. There are lots of adjustment possibilities.

I also felt the Lupo seemed stiffer with the equivalent tongue than the KR 2. With the 130 tongue the KR 2 need the stiffing blocks to give it the same flex as the Lupo. Perhaps it was more progressive flex I was feeling in the KR 2, but it did seem a little softer by comparison.

Walk mode on the lupo is subtle, and is more noticeable in back wards release which helps a bit in walking, mainly from the car to the lift, but also on boot packs a bit.

Attached photos show the double spoiler and the longer screws I bought from the local hardware store to accommodate them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7613.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	165865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7618.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	165866

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    I skied the Lupo with both orange and black spoiler which definitely gives more forward lean for those wanting it. I actually felt it was too much for me. Maybe I'm just getting used to the upright stance of the Lupo. The Orange spoiler is thicker than the black, so I guess you could go with two blacks and get a bit more lean than just the orange, but less lean than doubling up the orange/black. Side by side with KR 2 Pros I felt like the black spoiler was Similar to the K2 2 without a spoiler and no lean wedge. With the Orange spoiler the Lupo was like a KR 2 with the spoiler but without the lean wedge approx 11 degrees. With the lean wedge the K2 would be at 13 degrees and I felt the Lupo with the orange and black spoilers doubled up was a bit more forward lean maybe 14 or 15 degrees. Two black spoiler doubled up should give something closer to 13 degrees. There are lots of adjustment possibilities.

I also felt the Lupo seemed stiffer with the equivalent tongue than the KR 2. With the 130 tongue the KR 2 need the stiffing blocks to give it the same flex as the Lupo. Perhaps it was more progressive flex I was feeling in the KR 2, but it did seem a little softer by comparison.

Walk mode on the lupo is subtle, and is more noticeable in back wards release which helps a bit in walking, mainly from the car to the lift, but also on boot packs a bit.

Attached photos show the double spoiler and the longer screws I bought from the local hardware store to accommodate them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7613.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	165865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7618.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	165866
    the more upright the boots of the same flex the stiffer it feel.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    the more upright the boots of the same flex the stiffer it feel.
    Yes it seems so. The KR 2 series of boots also have a higher than average cuff height which compounds that feel. I'm coming around to the more upright stance of the Lupo though. The two spoilers together gave me more forward lean than I wanted, roughly equivalent to the KR2 @ 15 degrees. I definitely needed the stiffer tongue in that configuration. I have gone back to just the orange spoiler which gives more lean than the black and the stiff B tongue and that seems like the ticket.
    Last edited by Wetdog; 04-11-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Any noticeable difference between the KR2 and Lupo shell fit? Looking to replace my old Kryptos and want to give the Lupos a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Any noticeable difference between the KR2 and Lupo shell fit? Looking to replace my old Kryptos and want to give the Lupos a chance.
    I thought the Lupos had a roomier fit than the KR2 when I tried them on. I haven't skied the Lupos though, so I don't have a real word test to back that up