Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SLC Mags?

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    The only thing I really miss is the CO beer scene, but I'm figuring out ways to stockpile the goods when traveling out of state.
    TGR is great for that. Heh ...

Hello SLCers,

I'm about to land in kimball junction, most likely will going to be working near SLC. How is traffic during rush hour? Am I going to want to kill myself after a week of commuting? Kimball was chosen since the lady is already working up at Deer Valley.

Commute time

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    Hello SLCers,

I'm about to land in kimball junction, most likely will going to be working near SLC. How is traffic during rush hour? Am I going to want to kill myself after a week of commuting? Kimball was chosen since the lady is already working up at Deer Valley.
    I work on South Temple in Salt Lake. I commute in early so I can get home early. It is 25-30 minutes door to door. The traffic generally moves at a rate in excess of the speed limit. It is much much better than my commute was in Denver from down town to Boulder, but it is still a commute. Many of my co-workers commute from around the point of the mountain,(Thanksgiving point area on a map) and their commutes are much longer time wise due to traffic.

There is also a bus that goes from Kimball to Salt Lake in the morning and evening. The only time I use it is when I ride my bike over the crest trail.

Navigating I-15 during rush hour is much worse than I-80 during rush hour. I avoid 15 if at all possible during peak times. 80 gets more congested but it's really not bad, unlike 15 which can become stop and go.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

We pulled a kid trailer all over SLC (lived in Sugarhouse). The roads and sidewalks are wide, and the grid allows you to easily avoid main arteries. Following side streets, I felt very safe. You can also lap Liberty and Sugarhouse parks to your heart's content.

Location is highly dependent on your day to day priorities. With proper positioning (in relation to major roads and interstates) the differences in drives to skiing and good biking can be pretty minimal among the places that have been suggested.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I own in summit park, and love it, yeah it's a little dark in dec/Jan, but none of my neighbors are Mormon, they all like to drink beer, great skiing and biking right from the house, no smog. Last winter slc had an inversion for like 3 weeks where it was warmer in summit park than in slc. Smog sucks. Also, every single one of the 17 says over 100 degrees, and the rest of the 52 days over 95 degrees, I was thrilled to get home to my shady deck at 80 degrees in summit park. My commute to the office in salt lake is 20 mins door to door.

We should have a summit park maggot summit.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I own in summit park, and love it, yeah it's a little dark in dec/Jan, but none of my neighbors are Mormon, they all like to drink beer, great skiing and biking right from the house, no smog. Last winter slc had an inversion for like 3 weeks where it was warmer in summit park than in slc. Smog sucks. Also, every single one of the 17 says over 100 degrees, and the rest of the 52 days over 95 degrees, I was thrilled to get home to my shady deck at 80 degrees in summit park. My commute to the office in salt lake is 20 mins door to door.

We should have a summit park maggot summit.
    Yes to all the above!!!
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Thanks for the info, can't wait to start riding park city in 2 weeks. I'll definitely be looking for people ride with.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    Thanks for the info, can't wait to start riding park city in 2 weeks. I'll definitely be looking for people ride with.
    Keep me posted. I'll be up for a spin.

sweet. ur going to love the riding out here. I'd be happy to take you down the crest. just pm.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB