Buying Tele-gear in Denver?

So, flying to Denver in early sometime early january next year, staying one night then driving up to Breckenridge/A-basin/Copper for 10 days of skiing. Plan as of now is to buy skis and Axl-binders either in Denver or Breck. I live in Europe so buying online is troublesome...
    I´m looking for Hojis/BG/Jagsharks or similar skis in the 190-195´s (REI is last resort due to boring skis..)
    Any info on where to go? I´d prefer a shop who still remembers how to mount telemark binders or a shop that lets me borrow tools/workbench.

Bent Gate in Golden.

Check out Wilderness Exchange at 15th and Platte. Good selection of bindings skis and boots. They also carry a good amount of smaller brand skis. Lastly, they usually have pretty competitive pricing.

My 2 cents = stay the night in Boulder and get your stuff from Larry's Boot Fitting.

All three choices mentioned are good. Not sure how much tele gear Larry carries, though.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Another vote for Wildy-X. They'll style you out.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    All three choices mentioned are good. Not sure how much tele gear Larry carries, though.

Don't know on the tele stuff? Know he's a 4frnt dealer and Dynafit.

So Wildy-X is downtown Denver and could maybe walk to it from your fancy hotel with rooftop bar after you take the old lady to strip club.

Larry is near the college in Boulder and easy access for parking and driving small townish like without the 5 star hotel. Same for Bent Gate in Golden, minus the good parking.

Murphy's law dictates that while you're in Denver dicking around with skis, it's going to be puking in the hills and you'll be wondering why you decided to spend a night in Denver.

Hehe, I guess I´d be better off in Denver dicking around with skis than at the base of the hills dickin around without skis...
    Thanks for good input, by the looks of it i´ll be able to order skis here in Scandiland and have them mounted and ready for pickup as I arrive. So now I have 4 months of "interweb-ski testing" to do...
    "Just another ignorant Euro..."

Wildy will have Billy Goats this season, and they have a mag on staff (Tele pariah) who definitely knows a thing or two about mounting tele gear. Highly recommend.

Sent from my VS840 4G using TGR Forums

have you tried the TTips turn-around? Lots of folks from the Denver area.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    have you tried the TTips turn-around? Lots of folks from the Denver area.
    Why don't you browse that for him? Let him know what good deals you find.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...039-TTips-Done

Ok, lets see if I can find the Pariah-guy.

Sorted!
    By the looks of it I´m all set. Billygoats and axl´s, all thanks to Tele pariah and Wildeness Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by robrun View Post
    Sorted!
    By the looks of it I´m all set. Billygoats and axl´s, all thanks to Tele pariah and Wildeness Exchange.
    good to hear it all worked out for ya. They seem to have some good deals from time to time, like the pair of small axls they had listed on amazon for $80 once...

Mountain Outfitters in Breck, or Wilderness Sports in Dillon have the best selection of tele stuff in Summit County. If it is dumping you can rent from them for one day while they mount the skis and if there is a problem later on they are close by.

Make sure you buy replacement parts for the Axl bindings before going back to Europe : heel throws, pivot screws, axle tubes and the little packets of epoxy glue. Those are the parts that failed on my pair of AXL's.

Will do, thanks for looking out, Polenta!

Bent gate is awesome. I could easily drop $20k in that store....

My relatives in golden use them and have nothing but positive things to say.