buying new skis soon, insight needed>>>

quick background...i've been boarding for 20+ years, got back into skiing 2 seasons ago after joining the alpine rescue team. i've been on la sportiva hi 5's with fritschi freeride pro's those 2 years. i like the ski a lot in the back country, but it's not the best in bounds. since it's only been 2 years, roughly 20 days on skis each year about half back country half in bounds, i'm still pretty medicore. i can handle open terrain pretty well but tight trees are still a slow process and my (((air time))) is measured in inches.

i'm looking for a fun ski for an intermediate hoping to be advanced, and will primarily be used in bounds in colorado. i'm 5'10 170. prefer a softer ski.

the three i'm looking at are last year's rossignol S7, the black diamond amperage and the 4frnt turbo. the rossis are priced nicely ($389) and i get pro prices from bd and 4frnt. i'm just a poor rope salesman so i need to keep costs down.

thoughts on these skis? suggestions on others?

one more thing...i broke my shoulder 8 weeks ago so i'll likely be taking it pretty easy most of this coming season. plan on 30 something days, but won't really be pushing it

much appreciated, sorry to be such a jong.

wook

I'll be the first to suggest taking a look at the Line SFB, I skied it this past season as an east coast DD for about 85% of the season. Love the ski, does it all. Don't need to push it hard since it's basically a noodle.

S7 may be a bit softer but I've never skied them. From what I've read the S7 is also extremely nimble in the pow, which you may like in tighter trees.

Back to the SFB, probably a better candidate for inbounds skiing, depending what you ski in bounds. They carve surprising well on the groomed. I'm also a lighter guy so I had no floatation issues the couple times I had them in deep(er) powder.

A location would be helpful for other suggestions.

I'm a big fan of my Salomon Shoguns. I've got a pair set up for alpine and another for tele. Both are 182. They ski everything really well and are nothing but fun to ride for me.

thanks. those line sfb's do look interesting. will look more into them.