Skidmap.com is in need of sponsorship/cash

If you haven't seen this site and live in the Mountain West, you owe it to yourself to check it out. Unfortunately, the awesomeness is in trouble.

According to a new, small blurb in the lower left of the site Skidmap is in need of some support http://www.skidmap.com/info_sponsor.php

If anyone here is affiliated with a resort, a resort town, a business that provides products or services to bikers, or a government agency, I would ask that you explore means to help out this site.

I am checking to see if he will set up a PayPal donation system for us individuals who find the site useful, as well. If that happens, I will post back here.

I am not affiliated, just a happy user.

Just checked it out, looks killer. I'll donate
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Noooooo, love that site, it's exactly what I want in a map. just waiting to get an android map that works offline, then it would be perfect...I'd donate.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    just waiting to get an android map that works offline, then it would be perfect...I'd donate.
    There is sort of a workaround. As needed, before your ride just print views as PDFs and save to your phone. Not as good as a full offline map, but better than nothing.

Paypal option is up where the countdown timer was. Hopefully it sticks around since I just gave them some cash. Didn't there used to be a way to create a route and see the distance/elevation gain, etc.?

I gave some money, that site is sweet, I've used to navigate when I found I didn't know exactly where I was going on a couple of occasions, works great.

Heads up though, the link Wandrin posted above goes to the corporate sponsor option which automatically signs you up for a $200 donation. That's a bit out of my price range.

Just use the link on the main page to donate a more modest amount.

www.skidmap.com
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Donated a few bucks, hope this site keeps going. this + mtbproject are what I use all the time now.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

haven't heard of it before. It shows that California is part of the database, but I entered in names of a half-dozen iconic trails and none were found.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Out of trouble for now? There's now a link to orbitalview.com instead of the blurb asking for support.

Nice to see the donate button.
    Last edited by Wandrin*; 08-25-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    haven't heard of it before. It shows that California is part of the database, but I entered in names of a half-dozen iconic trails and none were found.
    It shows the whole country, but not too long ago it was very Utah specific. I wouldn't doubt that some Cali trails will show up. If you don't see them on the map, they aren't in the DB.