SLT/Kirkwood Ski Lease for the upcoming season?

It may be too early for this but I am already jonesing for some snow sliding and will be looking to get in on a ski lease for the upcoming season.

Solo, mid twenties bro with a very relaxed and sociable dog, commuting from SF, mostly as a weekend warrior but will surely have some long weekends and maybe even a couple week-long stays. Not a partier so much these days but definitely enjoy adult beverages after a day on the hill.

I am not looking for anything fancy, preferably between the spur and carson pass but would definitely be interested in SLT options as well, and would need to be pet friendly.

Let me know if you have anything to offer or know of anyone looking to get a crew together/add to an existing lease.

Hey RockChalk!

I'm in a very similar situation, monitoring the forums and craigslist looking for a lease to join. Unfortunately, most offers I found are only for North Lake.

I have a Tahoe local pass and will be mostly riding Kirkwood. I'm a skier in my mid-twenties, and will be living in SF but working in a tech in Menlo Park, so I should be commuting from there on Fridays.

I enjoy having some drinks and parties but nothing too crazy that could compromise my next day skiing .

Please, let me know if you find something and need someone to join.
    Last edited by daffes; 08-08-2013 at 09:19 AM.

I'm in the same boat with you guys, mid-20s guy looking for a ski lease for next season. I'm in LA but after skiing Mammoth for a few years I want to get back to skiing Kirkwood - way less people and more frequent powder days. Since it's a bit of a drive from LA I'm looking to stay right at Kirkwood. It's not really worth it for me if I have to drive to south lake then up from south lake every day. I managed to get Fridays off at work so I'll be up there on weekends Friday - Sunday.

Little bit about me - I'm working at a small software company in LA, my main goal is skiing hard but I'm down for drinks afterwards. Last year I was up at Mammoth almost every weekend sleeping in my car, but a ski lease seems like more fun with less cold nights. I also have a backcountry setup but mostly just go out in the spring.

I know it's still pretty early but maybe there's something out there...if not maybe we can get something together. 3 isn't a bad start considering it's the beginning of August.

^^This is what im talking about, now we just need like 10 more like minded folks bc it seems that KW-proper leases demand a premium

In the same-ish boat. Early 30's family looking for a family friendly-ish (almost 4 y.o and newborn), dog friendly, group for K-wood or SLT. Weekend warriors and probably would do two single weeks somewhere in there.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Well that's 5 adults and 2 kids right there, anyone want to step up and get something together? Looks like there's some decent options on vrbo - obviously the more people the better the place.

here's one for starters...just to get the ball rolling in some direction

http://reno.craigslist.org/vac/3999239567.html

"Offering a full season Ski Lease in South Lake Tahoe, Nov - Mar.
    2 bedroom, 1 bath, sleeps 6-8, vaulted pine ceilings and private forest view.
    We accept pets and provide snow removal and WiFi.
    You can find more about it at http://laketahoecabin.weebly.com"

Price seems pretty damn reasonable with even 8 people involved @ $1500/month.

Edit: email sent for further info, especially regarding dates as it currently shows nov-march...dec-may would be ideal.
    Last edited by RockChalk; 08-14-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Damn that's cheap. Personally I'm way more interested in a place at kirkwood to save on the driving time, even if it's more money, but not ruling out south lake. Might do some further research on Kirkwood places later on.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/vac/4021205235.html

No pets, but this may be an option for some of you...

Ended up getting a place at mammoth, looks like a good spot though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    here's one for starters...just to get the ball rolling in some direction

http://reno.craigslist.org/vac/3999239567.html

"Offering a full season Ski Lease in South Lake Tahoe, Nov - Mar.
    2 bedroom, 1 bath, sleeps 6-8, vaulted pine ceilings and private forest view.
    We accept pets and provide snow removal and WiFi.
    You can find more about it at http://laketahoecabin.weebly.com"

Price seems pretty damn reasonable with even 8 people involved @ $1500/month.

Edit: email sent for further info, especially regarding dates as it currently shows nov-march...dec-may would be ideal.
    So, I heard back on this one, seems to be a pretty awesome price range, with 10 ppl the average would be ~750 for the season + utilites.

"We are always eager to contract the cabin out this time of year. If you are interested in viewing prior, let me know, I can make arrangements. I require a rental agreement and 50% of the total Ski Lease Amount of $7,500, plus $1,500 deposit, for total of $4,500 payable at contract, and the balance of $4,500 due prior to occupancy. We are receiving inquiries at this time, but have no firm commitments yet.

We pay for water, trash, sewer, snow removal, and WIFI, and leave all essentials of comfortable living. You pay for rent, electric, and gas for 5 months, Dec.- April. You must also bring your own bed linens, but I leave behind everything else"

SO....anyone wanna try and round up 8-10 folks for a SLT spot at what seems to be a steal for the season?

Looks like I will be putting my lease together again in south lake. I will be sure to keep this thread up to date once I have a 100% plan in place. This will be my 5th yr in the house, and 3rd season running the show. December-end of April. 12ppl total.

Sorry.....no children. Mainly 30's age bay area professionals. Roughly $1,100 up front for the season, with guest fee's/refund at the end. Owners use the house for 5 days over Xmas.....otherwise it's ours all season.

Yo guys, my best friend from high school bought a place in Meyers and is looking to rent it out for the season. He just finished a bunch of interior work and is working on furnishing it over the next couple of months. 3 BR + a "bonus" room (aka BR without a closet). Will sleep 10-12. No hot tub yet. Maybe next winter.

Big bonus: 2 minute walk/stumble from The Divided Sky.

He's a fellow skier, grew up in the Foothills, and all-around awesome dude. PM me if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Talked to lightrangers buddy, sounds like a good deal for a family type group. He didn't sound too interested in having a skibum flop house since he just remodeled, and newly furnished.

Probably looking for two more family oriented groups to fill up a 3 bed plus bonus room place. Anybody interested?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by dhklauer View Post
    Looks like I will be putting my lease together again in south lake. I will be sure to keep this thread up to date once I have a 100% plan in place. This will be my 5th yr in the house, and 3rd season running the show. December-end of April. 12ppl total.

Sorry.....no children. Mainly 30's age bay area professionals. Roughly $1,100 up front for the season, with guest fee's/refund at the end. Owners use the house for 5 days over Xmas.....otherwise it's ours all season.
    Pets (dogs)?

If so, I am in if you are looking to fill a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Pets (dogs)?

If so, I am in if you are looking to fill a spot.
    1 dog would be ok. Shoot me a PM with your email address and info, and I will be sure to keep you in the loop when I start working on things over the next few weeks.

Update. Looks like i'm putting my house together again. PM if you have interest.

Bump.........Still looking for a few members to fill out the house. PM with any interest. Thanks!

1 spot left. No room for any more pets. PM with any interest.