Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10 days in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    lodging? http://www.staystudio6.com/reservati....aspx?num=6038

cheap, clean, convenient. my go-to.

tickets? canyons sports. or buy junior tix at solitude (spent a few days skiing there with no trouble at like 30 bux a day) for like half price since they stay in yer pocket through the ticket checker machine thingy. if you get caught just say they musta given you the wrong ticket and demand an upgrade for your embarrassment. see SKIFISHBUM, you don't need 14 seasons in the satch to figure the lil teeny weeny mountain range out

oh, and don't go late January. tends to be dry with inversion (valley 3 pack a day smog) for an extra added bonus. go a bit later for deeper snowpack.

with how accessible the bc is, I would save yer money on tickets and just tour. there's about a thousand skinners to follow from many many trailheads in both canyons.

rog
    Good stuff. Especially the late January advice. Damn I wish I had known that before my first 2 Brewtah trips.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    Good stuff. Especially the late January advice. Damn I wish I had known that before my first 2 Brewtah trips.
    trust me, in 2 9 day january trips i've taken there since living there, it snowed a total of like 2 days. thank god for all the bc shady cool options that get overlooked by the likes of the SFB's of the world that stick to like 3 or 4 zones that are slack accessible. my mid/late april trips, however, have produced copious amounts of snow over many days. best part is by that time o year many locals are climbing and biking their brains out and could give 2 shits about snow when the snowpack is deepest and most consolidated. only tricky part about april is the sun (if it comes out). got to get on stuff and off stuff early. usually start early/end early then lap the bird from mid late morning on.

heh, thanks for not getting all butthurt about ticket scams. so fun getting the utards panties twisted

rog

if your heading out from boston get a wachusett pass for 199. my buddy got his for 129 last year mid feb and his tickets at alta were 35 a day unlimited amounts. he had to pay 5 for the card but they have a pass share deal you can get a ticket at wa wa for that with an alta pass as well. he has been getting that deal since i moved here. I am a fellow mass hole shoot me a message I will make some runs with ya.