I phone question

My wife got an iphone phone from work. It will not check her mail unless she has wifi. Can it check he email if she is in cell service range? It seems like one of the things all phones must be able to do, my android will, I'm an android guy so I don't know if her iphone will.

If it can how does she set it up?
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

It should be able to do. Does she want it to push mail forward (make it appear without opening the app) or only push mail when she opens the app?

First off, make sure she has Data set on. Go to settings--->general--->cellular---->on

To check mail settings go to settings--->mail---->fetch new data---->on/off depending on whether or not she wants it to appear with or without opening the app

If that doesnt work, I am out of ideas.

She can make phone calls but not use safari or get her emails, can't send email either. What a POS.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    She can make phone calls but not use safari or get her emails, can't send email either. What a POS.
    Nothing to do with the phone. Sounds like there is no data enabled on the unit to me. Hence the only gets mail when on WiFi.

Make sure Airplane mode is not enabled (but then calls would be an issue too so really doubt that). As stated by skidog, they may have set up the phone so it is not using cellular data at all. If all the work phones are that way, then maybe the company disabled the data and was worried they would be getting hit with big data charges.

That is not the phone's fault.

Her company did that. We do the same thing.

Some of our dickbag salespeople were sending around emails with huge amounts of data that were not business related, so we locked down their email so it only works on wifi and not cellular.

Nothing you can do about it, it does not even show up in the Settings menu. Her company has to activate it through their provider.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^I don't think you can shut off safari like that.

The phone does do all of that. If it doesn't, like has been said it is either set up incorrectly, doesn't have a data plan or the company has locked it down.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

can it still take pictures of her hoo-hah?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

This is a similar suggestion to an earlier post, but worth a shot. There are separate settings for cellular service and mobile data. If cellular was turned on but mobile data is off, it could cause the symptoms you're describing. If you go into general settings and then cellular, make sure specifically that the mobile data is turned on.