Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Enchiladafest Five-Oh.

When: October 4-6

Where: Goose Island Group Campsites A & B, Moab, UT

Cost: $15 – Covers camping for Friday & Saturday nights
    Personal Paypal payment to Kovach0891 at comcast dot net
    $25 – Paid Saturday to the shuttle driver. No Cash, No Bus.

You probably know the deal by now, we bike, we drink, and we eat enchiladas.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...hiladafest-4-0
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...hiladafest-3-0
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...hiladafest-2-0
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...chiladafest-09

Even though this is a group event, have your shit together.

Have your camping gear sorted, your bike gear sorted (bring tubes, lots of tubes,) your booze sorted (we’ll use any cash left over from the camping fee to pick up extra booze,) and your Enchiladas sorted (we don’t break out the Enchiladas ‘till Saturday night so you’ll need to keep them cool in the desert.)

The shuttle leaves at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning, and typically it’s freezing on the pass, and hotter than hell at the end of the trail so dress appropriately.

If you’re gonna rent a bike, make sure you get it Friday night. I would advise against picking up a bike from Outerbike. A few folks attempted to do that last year, it didn’t end well. The shuttle waits for no one.

You’re not confirmed ‘till you’ve paid.

Now that the business portion of this is over…..

Seriously, do it. It’s an awesome trip with awesome people. We’ve got riders of all skill levels. TWE isn’t a trail to underestimate, but it’s probably not as gnarly as you think. Browse the previous threads, google the internets and send me your fucking money.

The List:
    YourMomJustCalled

I'm reserving this spot for me and LadyShredalot.

It looks like things are coming together for a move to UT in the next few weeks!

My days off are thurs-saturday, so I'm in for oct 3-5. Not sure how that will work with paying my share for the campsite, and I'd kinda hope the whole enchilada ride would happen on one of the days i'm there, but Ill probably be there regardless.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

As a former host of this event I can answer those questions for you.

As stated above, the Whole Enchilada ride and subsequent enchilada fiesta are on Saturday.

If you're not camping Saturday night then pay half the $15 to camp with everyone else Friday night. You'll need to make your own arrangements for any nights prior to Friday for yourself. Attempting to squat at the group site prior to our reservation date has resulted in Jail time in the past. YMMV.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

And don't bring any potentially flammable couches that might float, either.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    And don't bring any potentially flammable couches that might float, either.
    Well shit. What if they're surely flammable and most surely won't float? heh, that sounds like a good story, anyone wanna elaborate?

No need to squat at the group site, if I'm solo I'd rather be somewhere else anyways.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Luckily it was a story that didnt happen....much to Mission Gravity's dismay.

I miss that guy. I think he got killed in an automobile accident with Tanner Hall.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    As a former host of this event I can answer those questions for you.

As stated above, the Whole Enchilada ride and subsequent enchilada fiesta are on Saturday.

If you're not camping Saturday night then pay half the $15 to camp with everyone else Friday night. You'll need to make your own arrangements for any nights prior to Friday for yourself. Attempting to squat at the group site prior to our reservation date has resulted in Jail time in the past.
    YMMV.
    That's not true at all. "Unreasonable noise from an audio device" and "lewdness" inside a camper on the back of your truck with your curtains drawn while paying for the group site and coming in a day early and paying more, will land you in jail. Along with a "public intoxication" and "interference with a BLM volunteer" charge" WTF? I was pulled off the back of my truck when I opened the door by a 6'7" BLM guy and couldn't even grab a shirt or pee.

And coming back from jail to get your truck with your bike locked to the bumper will land you a federal SLC appearance for failure to disperse.

I did meet my last gf of 3 years because of it, and made the ride (it hurt flying down the road and seeing Blkn at the campsite and not being able to catch up about our time in Argie the year prior), but YMMV.

Goose Island is a bad place to hold this. There are so many better places to hold the camping in my opinion.

I haven't been back to that shithole since it pissed me off so much. Walking down main st. in Moab with jail flipflops, an orange jail shirt, and a check for Zion Nt. Bank is not my version of a place I want to ride. Plus TWE is cool and all, but not that cool.

Have fun and burn some shit. If you can beat my winning elk green/white enchies, more power to ya.

My bad, shitty deal either way. As far as this being a bad place to hold this, there's only one Whole Enchilada, that's the only site you can just roll into right off the trail, and we've never had any other problems in four years now. You got a big helping of bad luck and feds with attitude, and that sucks, I'm sorry it all went down, and I still can't really comprehend why.

We do miss the Elk Enchis.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

C, we can hold a Colorado version, I'll be happy to sample your enchilada wares.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What just happened?

Someone harshed the mellow, MAAAN....

save the drama for your mama

I've been waiting for this thread. I'll be relocated to Utah in September so I really shouldnt have have any excuse not to attend.

Is there a deadline for reservation?

How many tubes is a lot of tubes? What is the maggot personal record for flats on this ride?

No real deadline for reservation, but the sooner, the better so I can get a good shuttle and campsite count.

As for tubes, I think that's up to how you ride. My first beateriffic year, I went through 3. Been tubeless ever since. Walking out from anywhere up there because you ran out of rubber would suck hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Someone harshed the mellow, MAAAN....
    You joining us, or do you have wares to peddle (heh, heh) in town?

Not sure. I am going to try to make it. No show to do, but I have a 'permanent' display at Paradox Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    C, we can hold a Colorado version, I'll be happy to sample your enchilada wares.
    Sure. We'll call it the Crestfest. Roll right into camp too.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Sure. We'll call it the Crestfest. Roll right into camp too.
    Beat it!

Wankers.

Been wanting to ride TWE for long time. Sounds like a great weekend. Gotta check on the dates with the better half, but so far looks good.

Anyone else around Flagstaff wants to go - I'm up for driving.

Confirming that I'm in.

In... and PAID.

Make sure to pay the man, folks. I've done the organizing before and it can get brutal. Drop the special exception requests and just go with the flow.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Monarch crest has been on my list for a long time and needs to get checked off this summer. It'd be cool to have some kooky folks to ride it with.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That's not true at all. "Unreasonable noise from an audio device" and "lewdness" inside a camper on the back of your truck with your curtains drawn while paying for the group site and coming in a day early and paying more, will land you in jail. Along with a "public intoxication" and "interference with a BLM volunteer" charge" WTF? I was pulled off the back of my truck when I opened the door by a 6'7" BLM guy and couldn't even grab a shirt or pee.

And coming back from jail to get your truck with your bike locked to the bumper will land you a federal SLC appearance for failure to disperse.

I did meet my last gf of 3 years because of it, and made the ride (it hurt flying down the road and seeing Blkn at the campsite and not being able to catch up about our time in Argie the year prior), but YMMV.

Goose Island is a bad place to hold this. There are so many better places to hold the camping in my opinion.

I haven't been back to that shithole since it pissed me off so much. Walking down main st. in Moab with jail flipflops, an orange jail shirt, and a check for Zion Nt. Bank is not my version of a place I want to ride. Plus TWE is cool and all, but not that cool.

Have fun and burn some shit. If you can beat my winning elk green/white enchies, more power to ya.
    That blows hard man, sounds like a shitty deal. Can you explain what exactly happened that started the whole shit show? And did they really stake out your truck waiting for you to return after jail? I'm not looking to turn this into the usual smug 'serves you right' internet shit show, just kind of curious and as always doing my best to fly under the radar with such things, and would be grateful for any info that would assist me in such a pursuit.

It looks like Rampage is Oct. 11-13th, no excuses. I'm looking at you beathertits. When are you getting the jack boot cut off?