Thread: Beaver ponds

Beaver ponds

Probably gonna hit it up real quick on the way home from my brother's this weekend. Yes, you can meet me if you want

Only question I have is is there any kind of creek or anything for my dog to get a drink from? He will not let me dribble water into his mouth from the camelback. Silly boy.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I doubt there is any water in the pond zone now that is drinkable. It can get very hot on that part of the cdt with the exposure and monzonite soils. Unless you just out-n-back the BP your pooch will have 1+ mile on a road folks like to drive hella fast on. IOW, not a great dog zone at all unless you are walking. Lil out-n-backs in the t-roots are more dog friendly with water and shade.

You can usually find little dishes like this at any dollar store or supermarket. Small, light and the pooch will thank you.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    I doubt there is any water in the pond zone now that is drinkable. It can get very hot on that part of the cdt with the exposure and monzonite soils. Unless you just out-n-back the BP your pooch will have 1+ mile on a road folks like to drive hella fast on. IOW, not a great dog zone at all unless you are walking. Lil out-n-backs in the t-roots are more dog friendly with water and shade.
    Was just gonna do a quick out and back from the trailhead, but, yeah, there's probably something else. What's a good one on the other side of the road?
    No longer stuck.

Was just gonna do a quick out and back from the trailhead, but, yeah, there's probably something else. What's a good one on the other side of the road?
    I thought there was some kind of artesian well at the putout before the road climb... should be able to scoop some water from there.

I usually ride the BP trail via CDT @ Homestake, which is a much longer day.

You can also loop Toll Canyon & BP together to make figure 8, but neither would be particularly pooch friendly on a hot day.

You should ride Last Cabin up in the t-roots -- plenty of water on that trail and shady to boot...

I'm camping up there this weekend and planning to overnight Curly Lake next week for opening day.

Unfortunately, I'll be on the other side of the TBRs from lost cabin. I can loop down through the Big Hole and go home up the Bitterroot. What's the name of that trail outside Dillon in the Pioneers? It escapes me right now, but I hear it's a lot like Emerald Lake in BZN.
    No longer stuck.