Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97
Results 2,401 to 2,416 of 2416
    Best week for an American Striker, ever?

Wow....

Silva's penalty really sums up city. When a transcendent player like Modric fucks up it's really not the time to try something cute. If you are going to do that, you had better make sure it works. With Kovacic, not a great penalty but at least it wasn't ridiculous.

Man City certainly were the better team. They can add this one to the number of UCL occurrences where they have been the better team, and played better, and lost.

In a way, this generation of MC reminds me of the Mets from 84-90. They did get their World Series win, one that is still painful to me, and they were a truly great team when they won. But they probably should have at least played in one more WS, and certainly at least one more division title in that time. Last season, MC finally got their crown. But you have to say that if they don't win another this era is something of a disappointment. That being said, at least they have won.

I would love to see Bayern pull a rabbit out of the hat and beat RM next round.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Fucking Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Wow....

Silva's penalty really sums up city. When a transcendent player like Modric fucks up it's really not the time to try something cute. If you are going to do that, you had better make sure it works. With Kovacic, not a great penalty but at least it wasn't ridiculous.

Man City certainly were the better team. They can add this one to the number of UCL occurrences where they have been the better team, and played better, and lost.

In a way, this generation of MC reminds me of the Mets from 84-90. They did get their World Series win, one that is still painful to me, and they were a truly great team when they won. But they probably should have at least played in one more WS, and certainly at least one more division title in that time. Last season, MC finally got their crown. But you have to say that if they don't win another this era is something of a disappointment. That being said, at least they have won.

I would love to see Bayern pull a rabbit out of the hat and beat RM next round.
    Statistically, it's shooting high down the middle has a good probability of success. From the Guardian:
    A 2009 paper analysing 311 penalty kicks from various men’s professional leagues around the world found shots at the centre of the goals were less likely to be saved than shots to the side. Premier league stats from Opta Sports say shooting low left has a 77.2% success rate and low right 80%. But aiming to the centre and high has a 97.8% success rate, and there’s a success rate of 80.2% for a low shot to the centre.
    You just look dumb when the goalie guesses it and doesn't move.

And not to say that Manchester City didn't look good today, but over the two legs, they led for a grand total of...18 minutes. While Madrid led for 116 minutes. I'm not sure one side was certainly the better team and played better if they were losing most of the time. I did think that Madrid looked oddly unable to keep the ball today and I credit Man City for that, but after they took the lead, Madrid decided to just absorb the pressure and counter. Doesn't really make them the worse for it and now they are on their way to their 12th semifinal in the last 14 years. Obviously football is mercurial and luck does play a factor, but when over time one team keeps winning and another doesn't, it can't always be luck.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Fucking Arsenal
    SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY

Fucking Arsenal
    One fkn job....

Fk the CL, just don't bottle the title for once.

Hell who knows, may be another Ciity has to give back if their many FFP infractions are ever heard.

So how does the strongest League in the world Perform Internationally ?

Let's see... best 4:
    France 1, spain 1 , Germany 2.

PL: 0.
    Where did the sheikh billions go?

To add insult to injury: Bayern and Dortmund are really weak this season.

Leverkusen steam rolled the League. But West ham will surely give them the first defeat in 44 games.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Table looking pretty good now..
    19 and life to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY
    Ummm

Ummm
    it’s great Chitty were so fucking dumb to sell off a v good player in cole Palmer, but it’s also bad.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So how does the strongest League in the world Perform Internationally ?

Let's see... best 4:
    France 1, spain 1 , Germany 2.

PL: 0.
    Where did the sheikh billions go?

Not great this season but at least one English club has reached the Champions League final in five of the past six seasons.
    If you think France is a better top to bottom league you dont watch football.
    Are you saying Italy is also no longer a top league based on one season?

Well fuckin' Forest is doing their best to go down

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Not great this season but at least one English club has reached the Champions League final in five of the past six seasons.
    If you think France is a better top to bottom league you dont watch football.
    Are you saying Italy is also no longer a top league based on one season?
    No I was just happily schadenfreuding about the fact that you apparenty can't buy total success as seen with psg, the PL or, a more specific German example, Munich vs. Leverkusen where alonso formed an amazing team out of good but not world class players bringing them from place 16 to, maybe, winning the small tripple in 18 months (two seasons) in a record breaking 45 games undefeated streak. The value of Leverkusens team, pre Alonso, was probably one 5th of the top 5 pl teams. Now they have players valued 150 Million because alonso made them all better as a team. Normally Munich just buys its success but it didn't work this year although the individual players are/ should be much better. ( last year Dortmund gave the title away but Munich Was already weak).

And the pl prides itself with being the strongest League in the world.

Nobody would try to make that Statement about the Bundesliga.

Everybody always jokes about the Bundesliga where all true talent is headed to the pl. Spain has about 2 and a half strong teams..... france one which doesn't have any team spirit so they all should be weaker internationally because they're not used to Real Opposition.

I have no idea about italy.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 04-25-2024 at 09:18 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

GOing to see my first MLS game tomorrow since Real Sandy was Real Salt Lake and played @ the U.

Messi is coming to Gillette and got tix so taking my boy who already has an Inter Miami Messi top.

should be cool to se the GOAT

looking forward to NYC having a soccer specific stadium easy to get to.

Liverpool really shit the bed the last couple of weeks. Down to Arsenal and City.

Betcha Man City win out…