Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have 14 degrees forward lean.

The other day in the lodge, I was sitting on a bench and as I got up (thighs just about parallel to floor) I realized the toe lug of my ski boot was off the ground.

As for skiing, this amount of forward lean forces me to ski from the center of the ski. In one sense, this setup feels ridiculously stable (i.e. I can load up more weight because of the skeletal skiing and the legs having to do less work to absorb forces), however it is bizarre for some reason.

I'm hesitant to remold because there are about 10 things that can go wrong with those moldings.

Something is effed up with the left boot; transitioning from left turns to right turns, especially when the fall line is going to the right, is problematic. I believe I need canting, but the 98 mm Vacuums don't allow for sole planing.

Next step is to remove one of the cuff bolts on the spine to take the flex from 130 to 120, as I've lost 20 pounds. But then this will compromise the lateral stiffness, and make skiing on the Cochise less enjoyable.

Stiff boots. Upright Boots.
    Heel lifts as needed. (badly needed in my older, softer more forward lean boots) (new boots Lange SX 130, not yet)

I needed to have my ankle opened up when at rest so it has room to collapse down against the tongue of the boot without lifting my heel once the range of motion of the ankle is maxxed.

Curious how binding ramp angle affects limited dorsiflection? any thoughts? esp once you go more upright and/or heel lifts?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Stiff boots. Upright Boots.
    Heel lifts as needed. (badly needed in my older, softer more forward lean boots) (new boots Lange SX 130, not yet)

I needed to have my ankle opened up when at rest so it has room to collapse down against the tongue of the boot without lifting my heel once the range of motion of the ankle is maxxed.

Curious how binding ramp angle affects limited dorsiflection? any thoughts? esp once you go more upright and/or heel lifts?
    I sympathize with limited dorsiflexion, but boot compensation may not be needed. The problem may be in your body. And it have simply reinforced itself there with years of uncoscious habit.

You may be sble to fix your limited dorsiflexion. This will take time, but you have all summer.

These are a natural retraining of your body:

https://youtu.be/3NPOYZStTW0

https://youtu.be/xWGc2DrOJyQ

Let me know if you try this stuff.

Old thread

so in addition to taking out the red spacer out I have since been dating a Yoga instructor
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    The problem may be in your body. And it have simply reinforced itself there with years of uncoscious habit.

You may be sble to fix your limited dorsiflexion. This will take time...
    Truth, even if it's cooler to tinker with the gear. Not a fitter but know some anatomy and some PT. Most "limited dorsiflexion" is not due to some weird bone obstruction to movement, but just having tight posterior calf muscles and underdeveloped anterior dorsiflexors. So, yeah, it may take a few months, but that seems superior to incessantly hassling boots. Cheaper, and has side benefits like making your ankles more stabile when you're doing dry land sports.

Well, my boots I was initially resistant to in spring 2013 (and set up by a darned-good bootfitter), well: I LOVE THEM!!!!

But the shell and liner are done. May or may not keep footbed. Will keep bootboard since it was custom job (and I hope Fischer has t changed the shell mold so my bout board won't fit in same model!!!

But as Fischer vacuum users know, any given shell fit at the vacuum station is virtually impossible to reproduce.