Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Saw 'Spotlight' last night. Wow. I didn't know about the story, but watching it reminded me why I hate the Church and any other holy than thou types.

Was done very well. Go see it!

I felt like you could hear everybody in the audience cringing.

Keaton, Schreiber & Ruffalo were outstanding.
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

Saw Hateful Eight and Revenant last night. Both outstanding movies. Hateful to me was like a cross of Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill. Ignore the reports about the movie dragging on - simply not true. The bear scene in Revenant lives up to all the hype it's garnering and Leo proves again why he is such a fucking phenomenal actor.

Dead Pool: I laughed. Opening non-credits set the tone.

I really liked Dead Pool. Once again, for a guy who didn't grow up being a big Marvel fan, I am loving these movies.

Very excited to see 'Triple 9'.

Def going to see 'Eddie the Eagle'. I better go see it as soon as it comes out. Something tells me it won't be out for long.
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

The haters can fuck off. Interstellar was awesome. Get over yourselves.

Deadpool was rock solid. Action, violence, nudity, and constant crass humor.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I enjoyed Deadpool. A lot of fun and Inara Serra is still hot.

As I was walking out of the theatre I heard two guys talking and one said to the other "I don't think Ryan Reynolds can make a bad movie".

Star Wars did not suck. Probably better than any of the "first" three movies (i.e. the 3 most recent ones)

Awesome "star wars" creatures= check
    Wicked X-wing fighter battles = check
    Light Saber fights = check
    Good characters = check
    No jar jar binks = check

not dying to see 'revenant' but if I go tomorrow am @ 11:30, I can get half price tix

i figure for $7 it's worth it

glad I went to see 'the revnant' this morning

long movie, but good movie

saw a special sneak preview of 'Eddie the Eagle' this afternoon

was pleasantly surprised it didn't suck & how crowded the theatre was

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Deadpool was rock solid. Action, violence, nudity, and constant crass humor.
    I concur. Way funnier than most actual comedies. Highly entertaining.

Last Man on the Moon: hauntingly brilliant, a little depressing, and may be historically uninteresting if under 40 years of age. Warning - geezer theme.

time for a nap - maybe a really long one.

Just got done watching 10 Cloverfield Lane. What a thrill ride! On the edge of my seat for the whole movie. John Goodman put up an amazing performance. I highly recommend it.

Another vote for 10 Cloverfield! Well done!

If you haven't seen The Big Short, see it. A "I can't believe how fucked this is" type of movie. Steve Carell is phenomenal. Yeah, it's obviously a little watered down but that's what makes it an important movie for a lot of people.

Second the sentiments on Sicario--I watched it three times on my tablet in two weeks, don't know why. Brollin is redonkulously good in it--and I like that they finally acknowledged that he's a midget in height. I thought Blunt was really, really good, too...very human. I didn't think it was BDT's best work--Enjoyed him far more in Savages as of late.

Revenant was good but not the game changer I had heard. I can think of a few films of that period that I found more powerful.

Spotlight is also very, very good. Another super fucked up must-see. Like someone else said, the way the actors slowly came into understanding the importance and magnitude of what was happening was pretty well-done.

Warning: My last recommendation is NOT based on cinematic quality, only sheer entertainment...John Wick. Holy shit, was I shocked at how good this unadulterated shoot everything and everyone movie was....Keanu was passable but his gun-play was unreal and I also enjoyed the characters in a comic book sort of way. Flame away!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Warning: My last recommendation is NOT based on cinematic quality, only sheer entertainment...John Wick. Holy shit, was I shocked at how good this unadulterated shoot everything and everyone movie was....Keanu was passable but his gun-play was unreal and I also enjoyed the characters in a comic book sort of way. Flame away!
    Agreed. It kinda seems like Keanu has realized he can't act for shit so he's just dedicated himself to being more convincing in fight / gunplay scenes.

Just watched John Wick last weekend. Excellent shot-em-up flick. That poor puppy almost made me cry.

Apparently the Batman vs Superman movie is getting mediocre to poor reviews. Anyone going to see it this weekend?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Apparently the Batman vs Superman movie is getting mediocre to poor reviews. Anyone going to see it this weekend?
    I rather enjoyed the Batman vs Superman movie. I found it to be quite better than the reviews would have you believe. Mind you, it has its share of problems, but overall it was entertaining.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Green Room is nuts.

It's like Deliverance on meth, but much much louder (it's got a blazing punk rock soundtrack), more claustrophobic, and with neo-nazis instead of backwoods rednecks.

Super intense.

Great practical effects, too.

It's the third film from writer/director Jeremy Saulnier (Murder Party; Blue Ruin)
    Last edited by dookey67; 05-22-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Wife and I just watched Money Monster. Nothing earth shattering, but a good rainy-day movie. We both enjoyed it.
    Watched Remember last night on demand. Very good movie as well.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Another crummy afternoon forecast means another trip to the movies.
    Yesterday was The Nice Guys. It was like a buddy cop movie written by Dashiell Hammett. Fun rainy day movie, but it felt like they left a few scenes on the cutting room floor that should have been included. Plot reminded me of LA Confidential meets Running Scared, set in the late '70s. The actor that played Ryan Gosling's daughter was the shining star of the movie.
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Similar response to Nice Guys here; made the mistake of buying into the surprisingly good reviews, even after seeing the distinctly unremarkable trailers. Had a few moments, but the Costello moment when Sid's mangled corpse showed up was downright annoying.

I liked the second ankle gun scene.
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Just got done watching 10 Cloverfield Lane. What a thrill ride! On the edge of my seat for the whole movie. John Goodman put up an amazing performance. I highly recommend it.
    Agreed! Just made the mistake of watching it during my jetlag-induced insomnia. Too wired now to sleep. Good thing it's the weekend.