Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2013-2014

Nba 2013-2014

Pierce and Garnett to the nets. Doc to the clips. Are the clips and nets still joke teams? Me thinks so.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

And jet to the nets. Bandwagoners in 3.2.1...
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

How did Jason Terry get traded? I l thought Lebron already Hernandezed him.

Is the last season over? Who won?

who cares...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    who cares...
    seconded.........NFL looming thank goodness......stupid summer

Its the early 90s in the NBA all over again. The lakers suck. The celtics suck. Lebron is the new micheal and the heat are the new bulls.

If you don't give a shit about basketball, don't post in this thread.

I spent some time last night consoling a buddy who is a Celtics season ticket holder. He was so despondent that he was trying to talk himself into Jared Sullinger. It's gonna be a rough year.

Clips will be for real this year as they were last year. Doc is a player's coach and I expect him to sort out the personnel issues that cropped up last year and, you know, call plays at the end of games and stuff. Conference finals seems within reach.

Nets...well, their first round loss to the undermanned Bulls was embarrassing, but they did win 49 games. They'll make the second round of the playoffs for sure, but I don't think I could pick them to beat the Pacers, Bulls, or Heat. The Jason Kidd thing is perplexing given this trade. They need to win now because KG is past his expiration date and PP is coming up on his. There's no time for Kidd to learn on the job.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post

It's gonna be a rough decade.
    fixed....

Celtics are in for a long season. The future looks somewhat bright as they have 9 picks in the next 5 years.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

If you do, maybe start a new thread with "NBA" all in caps.

The Celtics not only have a shitload of picks, but they have two picks in a loaded 2014 draft and cap flexibility for a strong free-agent class in 2014. Hopefully, it's not another 15 years until they're competitive again.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

I was surprised by the Holliday-Noel trade, but, upon further reflection, it makes sense. Jrue is a very good player and was the heart-and-soul of the Sixers. The problem is that the Sixers had no one else and were destined to NBA purgatory as an average to slightly below-average team. They will be one of the worst teams in the NBA next season. But . . . they'll have two high draft picks in the 2014 draft and potential franchise cornerstone in Noel.

As for the Pelicans, Davis and Noel would have been an intimidating interior defense. But it would have been a project. Their Davis-Holliday-Gordon (if healthy) core is pretty strong and should be fun to watch. I also think taking Holliday improves their chances of keeping Gordon, who probably wasn't wild about returning to a team that is still building for future but not current returns.

I guess the Nets will be worth watching, but I don't think many people think they'll be better than the Heat or even the Pacers. I'm no Boston fan, but it's a little sad that Pierce couldn't retire a Celtic. That guy was the Celtics for pretty much an entire generation. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    who cares...
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    seconded.........NFL looming thank goodness......stupid summer
    Yep. If you don't care about a thread's topic, it's just stupid to nevertheless go and post your opinion in that thread. It seems to be a symptom of spending too much time on this forum. Maybe go outside and ride a bike or something?

Bostons a cold weather city in a high tax state. Not a good combination to attract NBA free agents.

What? Just look at all the marquee free agents they've signed over the years. Besides who wouldn't want to play with Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    I was surprised by the Holliday-Noel trade, but, upon further reflection, it makes sense. Jrue is a very good player and was the heart-and-soul of the Sixers. The problem is that the Sixers had no one else and were destined to NBA purgatory as an average to slightly below-average team. They will be one of the worst teams in the NBA next season. But . . . they'll have two high draft picks in the 2014 draft and potential franchise cornerstone in Noel.

As for the Pelicans, Davis and Noel would have been an intimidating interior defense. But it would have been a project. Their Davis-Holliday-Gordon (if healthy) core is pretty strong and should be fun to watch. I also think taking Holliday improves their chances of keeping Gordon, who probably wasn't wild about returning to a team that is still building for future but not current returns.

I guess the Nets will be worth watching, but I don't think many people think they'll be better than the Heat or even the Pacers. I'm no Boston fan, but it's a little sad that Pierce couldn't retire a Celtic. That guy was the Celtics for pretty much an entire generation. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Rondo.

Yep. If you don't care about a thread's topic, it's just stupid to nevertheless go and post your opinion in that thread. It seems to be a symptom of spending too much time on this forum. Maybe go outside and ride a bike or something?
    Noel is going to suck. Seven feet and only 230? Little to no offensive ability? #michealoklokandi or however you spell his name.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

I'm 100% ok with the moves the Celtics made. It's going to suck next year, but with good drafting, they can be back really quickly. Better that than a long slide of mediocrity.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The Nets will be a huge question mark next year. Not sure how well Kidd will do with no experience. If Garnett & Pierce stay healthy with Jet off the bench that makes for a talented lineup. It wouldn't surprise me if they won it all or won 45 games. Or won a lot of regular season games and flame out like the Clippers.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If you do, maybe start a new thread with "NBA" all in caps.
    after NFL gets settled, a new thread started from a USA portal pertaining to the NBA seems correct.
    bobby

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    after NFL gets settled, a new thread started from a USA portal pertaining to the NBA seems correct.
    bobby
    David stern is about the growth of the league. I'm that growth. And what do you care? Dam some people are surly.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    Noel is going to suck. Seven feet and only 230? Little to no offensive ability? #michealoklokandi or however you spell his name.
    Dwight Howard was 243. Anthony Davis weighed in at 222. Now Noel is listed 210. That's a little light for my tastes. But so what if he is a project. The sixers whole plan is to get young athletic pieces and see what develops in years 3-5. I love that plan frankly. If Noel becomes just a jumping/shot blocking defensive pain in the ass, that's fine by me. The sixers can find scoring. Heck, putting him with Arnette Moultrie gives you a young pair of 6-11 players with high upside. WE HAD BYNUM LAST YEAR. Oh and Andrew Wiggins.
    Holiday cost $14 million next year too. That's too much $$ for the 10-15th best PG (and a very inefficient one at that) in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    David stern is about the growth of the league. I'm that growth. And what do you care? Dam some people are surly.
    ds is about the Benjamin's. yes son you are growing, maybe one day into a surly man. well i care about alot of things, especially about our youth and how i can train them to harden the fuck up.
    b

Whew!!! Happy that the Ws didn't get the man-child; sad that he didn't re-up with LA to continue the curse.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Whew!!! Happy that the Ws didn't get the man-child; sad that he didn't re-up with LA to continue the curse.
    Good looking team in Houston tho.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy