Fixing Deemax wheels / Potential WTB FR rear wheel / wheelset

I have some old Deemax wheels (from before they had those cool decals on them - maybe...2005?) - the rear hub makes awful grinding noises. Smarter men than me have tried fixing them, and they're OK for maybe 1 ride, then...grinding. I've put them through some stuff. Anyone have this issue? Is it time to just replace them, or is there a known fix?

If I do replace them, I would like go with something strong and cheap (and hopefully not heavier). Back when I paid attention to bikes / rode more, Azonic Outlaws were popular with the budget crowd. Is there something better and more budget-ier now? None of the wheel numbers make any sense to me. Alternatively, if anyone has a wheelset they want to sell to me, I'd be open to that too.

On a related note, I have an old tru-vativ crankset on this bike - the spindle and left crank does not like to stay tight. I think I just rounded something off through the years. Any recommendations on a cheap strong crankset in a similar vein?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

Seattle?

I am thinking of parting ways with Hope rear hub for cheap... could lace it to a cheap rim for you. And if you want a set could toss in a front wheel with 20 T/A SLX laced to a WTB laser disc AM wheel.