Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A guy at Highland has been riding a burner for several months now. Last time I talked to him he was really stoked on it. He's pretty fast and from what I can tell rides techy trails pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Totally OT but i was trolling the knolly forum and think I managed to get a death threat - my first one ever.

dfinn - yah. A bit blinkered of me to be dismissive of using at least some basic screening to narrow down CS sizes, While i understand DT's reasoning that Burner chainstay length is out of the norm.

creaky - can't really answer your question. I've not liked bikes with long wheelbases and enjoyed bikes with shortish- medium wheelbases so you might have caught me in talking out ass moment
    creaky's points are hella relevant...

I can understand why most are lost on the CS gig; when you only think of a bike's handling characteristics when going down, it is easy to miss or not understand.
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    I can understand why most are lost on the CS gig; when you only think of a bike's handling characteristics when going down, it is easy to miss or not understand.
    Bikes only do two things.

Descend.

And get to descents.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Descend.

And get to descents.
    This could be the greatest description of mountain biking evar.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

haha, that's sig worthy. haven't followed this thread but I like short cs and long front centres. I think cs's have got too long ,or most. I figure long front centre saves my ass at speed or thrown into steeps and if I have to turn , pick up the front wheel and pivot off the short cs further saving my ass from lack of agility. win win. always liked turners but by the numbers I don't think its a fit for me, especially with that wheel size and use its designed for. I can see the wc dh'ers needing long wb's(with long cs's) at the speeds they're going , and the agility they have, but i'm not sure everyone does. not to mention "getting to descents". could be a new category of bike. the "getting to descents bike"

Descend.

And get to descents.
    Oh shit, I forgot about that Reverend Woo...

The binary Flatbiller's binary bible says so eh?!

Lord have Mercy on me
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

ahhh, agree with the Grinchy. afraid I don't have Tinker's climbing ability and Peaty's descending ability, so I play to my non-existent "strengths."

Short TT, Long CS bikes only do two things.

Descend.

And get shuttled or pushed to descents.
    fixed

pie are squared = sixfiftybeeniner

don't make me & tellybele break out the story of the Vassago Desert Canyon Geometry.

haha, pretty much. really like to support turner though. great builder, person, and customer service/warrantee. I think dw link could have shorter stays, maybe easier than vpp. doesn't ibis' 9er have shortish stays? not sure

Based on DT's comments, it wasn't a design constraint, but a personal decision.

Maybe he'll shorten them on the inevitable version 2. But, that'll mean you'll be able to get v1 super cheap. Quite the dilemma.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.