Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    At $200 for a pair of tires, I'd probably be better off selling the current fatbike (Motobecane FB4 - was $700) and buying a different one from bikesdirect, that came with better tires to start with. And maybe one with the Bluto.

Anything in the $50/tire range worthwhile?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

you can pick up 60 tpi panaracer fat b nimble for just over 50 bux a piece. pretty light for wire bead.

I haven't looked to see what they cost but I have a feeling that new Kenda fat tire should be good in the snow.

Cost is about the same as the panaracers. 56 keystone on the 60 tpi juggernaut in the 4.0. Low tread tho. You have to go with the 4.5 version to get the deeper lugs and prolly higher cost. The 4.0 in 120 tpi could be a great 3 season tire. Fast.

Are there any good sites for picking up fat tires or replacement parts/upgrades? I have Veemissions to, and need replacements. Nearest shop is two hrs away, and won't take orders over the phone.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    Cost is about the same as the panaracers. 56 keystone on the 60 tpi juggernaut in the 4.0. Low tread tho. You have to go with the 4.5 version to get the deeper lugs and prolly higher cost. The 4.0 in 120 tpi could be a great 3 season tire. Fast.
    Sorry bud, 4.0 ain't fat

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Sorry bud, 4.0 ain't fat

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    Are there any good sites for picking up fat tires or replacement parts/upgrades? I have Veemissions to, and need replacements. Nearest shop is two hrs away, and won't take orders over the phone.
    I use these guys a lot.
    http://www.treefortbikes.com/

May have missed it in the many pages... Anyone have any time on the surly ice cream truck? Geometry looks pretty ideal, still has full options for attachments, etc. Heavy but looks like the top of the fatty list for my needs.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

^^ I have a few rides on the ICT. My fatbike time is limited... I have ridden a pugsley 15 times, both generations of Kona wos and a brief 20 minute dirt ride on the Fatboy and Rocky Blizzard. The ICT is by far the most manuverable fatty I have been on . Its the only bike I have ridden with 100 mm rims and 5 inch tires.
    Very playful feeling vs the pugs or first year Kona. Easy to get off the ground, front end is easy to toss around. It feels like a "trail" bike vs a more agressive racy cockpit set up of other bikes I have tried.
    Its an amazing bike but slightly overpriced IMHO. I have access to a few demos and I'm waiting for a Rocky Blizzard as I'm a believer in the narrow rims for my hardpacked snow trails.
    Probably doesnt help you much... If I couldnt get the Blizzard the ICT was coming home with me.

Trench town baby
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

noice

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    ^^ I have a few rides on the ICT. My fatbike time is limited... I have ridden a pugsley 15 times, both generations of Kona wos and a brief 20 minute dirt ride on the Fatboy and Rocky Blizzard. The ICT is by far the most manuverable fatty I have been on . Its the only bike I have ridden with 100 mm rims and 5 inch tires.
    Very playful feeling vs the pugs or first year Kona. Easy to get off the ground, front end is easy to toss around. It feels like a "trail" bike vs a more agressive racy cockpit set up of other bikes I have tried.
    Its an amazing bike but slightly overpriced IMHO. I have access to a few demos and I'm waiting for a Rocky Blizzard as I'm a believer in the narrow rims for my hardpacked snow trails.
    Probably doesnt help you much... If I couldnt get the Blizzard the ICT was coming home with me.
    I had the exact opposite reaction to the ICT. Funny how different our perception is.

Fun to get out on some snow yesterday! Although admittedly, I'm not ready for the firm fast dirt season to be over yet and looking forward to the melt down here.

wanna hit up stratham in the am? should be nice and packed. too much snow up by me. 5-6" in the yard and chunky.

wanna hit up stratham in the am? should be nice and packed. too much snow up by me. 5-6" in the yard and chunky.
    I'd say we had 4+ of wet shit, but it was rideable with FAT tires, not those hybrid things you ride! Once you set a track is was good, I just did laps f'n around.

Wake today, funeral tomorrow...I'm super busy. Sunday is my next day out.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    rog, the leavenworth nordic ski area is opening up the groomers 2 nites a week to phat tyre bykes.
    not far from t creek area, come out and visit.
    thank you i'll keep that in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    I'd say we had 4+ of wet shit, but it was rideable with FAT tires, not those hybrid things you ride! Once you set a track is was good, I just did laps f'n around.

Wake today, funeral tomorrow...I'm super busy. Sunday is my next day out.
    wifey and baby are at wake and funeral today and tomorrow as well. so i'm free

lets do sunday! get it before brown ground returns. s'posed to be like 50 sunday/monday. stoked!

wifey and baby are at wake and funeral today and tomorrow as well. so i'm free
    my situation is much different than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    my situation is much different than yours.
    vibes bro. Dint mean that in an insensitive way. Lemme know when you can play.

vibes bro. Dint mean that in an insensitive way. Lemme know when you can play.
    I know. Just sayin'...I'm involved. She lived a great long life...it's all good. No worries

FKNA, first ride Monday.

watch out for snakes

bam!

what tires on that thing?

Nates on Marge lites
    watch out for snakes