Needed: Boston Summer Car Rental

Asking on behalf of my girlfriend:

She is a medical student, lives in Boston, and is doing a rotation for the summer in West Roxbury. There's no good way of getting there. Do any Boston area mags who might be away for the summer have a car they might be able to rent out cheap? (cheap is key word here!) Any offers appreciated. For what it's worth she's an excellent driver with a spotless record.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star
    ...shes an excellent driver
    Your girlfriend is aesthetically challenged.

Last edited by irul&ublo; 06-04-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    Asking on behalf of my girlfriend:

She is a medical student, lives in Boston, and is doing a rotation for the summer in West Roxbury. There's no good way of getting there. Do any Boston area mags who might be away for the summer have a car they might be able to rent out cheap? (cheap is key word here!) Any offers appreciated. For what it's worth she's an excellent driver with a spotless record.

Thanks.
    Good luck getting anyone to ok a car to be parked on Boston city streets for any extended period of time.

I did a long term rental from a used car dealership for a couple months a few years ago. Basically tossed the dealer 500 bucks and I got to drive it for three months. I forget the stipulations, but I was on the hook for any damages, but didn't have to register it, etc. It was a total beater though, expect nothing more.

Not sure what your price range is, but a couple months is going to suck price wise for anything. You'll probably come out ahead buying a 3k Civic, then selling it for 3k later in the summer.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Good luck getting anyone to ok a car to be parked on Boston city streets for any extended period of time.

I did a long term rental from a used car dealership for a couple months a few years ago. Basically tossed the dealer 500 bucks and I got to drive it for three months. I forget the stipulations, but I was on the hook for any damages, but didn't have to register it, etc. It was a total beater though, expect nothing more.

Not sure what your price range is, but a couple months is going to suck price wise for anything. You'll probably come out ahead buying a 3k Civic, then selling it for 3k later in the summer.
    Yeah, I knew it was a long shot but it never hurts to ask. We ended up realizing that we can garage the car overnight at Mass General Hospital for free and I was able to track one down.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    Yeah, I knew it was a long shot but it never hurts to ask. We ended up realizing that we can garage the car overnight at Mass General Hospital for free and I was able to track one down.
    Is she a god? My ex worked at MGH and had to pay to park everyday at their garage.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Ha, you pretty much have to be a god to get parking in Boston- but no, we're both students and therefore have access to free parking at MGH on nights (5:30 PM - 9:30 AM) and weekends. So as long as you are working somewhere else during the day, you can get garaged parking at night. But they're making that hard as well. MGH is horrible, horrible from the parking perspective.