Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    We have been doing the green river. Favorite place to paddle and fish and I work 15 min from there now. If you head this way let me know. Hooked a huge bow fin in arrow head yesterday. Had no idea they were in there, another good spot that is closer for you .
    Might head there Sunday, I'll let you know if we do but might pass as potential for this weekend to be a bit crowded is high. Paddled A'head a few times in the last few years but don't remember hooking anything notable. I caught a dogfish a few years ago on the lake but had no idea they would be in there also.

EOB- Thought you were back in Jerz fishing the good ole Delaware? Plenty of good fishing off the causeway as TC said. Try the bridge across from Stave Island (can get crowded there), the water is deep between there and the island and I've boated many good sized sm/lm in that area from boat/canoe. Also, a bit further north, some really good fishing to be had off Kibble point in Keeler bay, not as much pressure there as the causeway.

Good times in the BB (Belt du Banana).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July2014B.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	259.5 KB 
ID:	156571

Name:	July2014A.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	156572

^

Giddy up, the Bill Dance of tgr ladies and gentlemen!

Please be sure to look for his soon to be released book, Bassin' With Bottle.

Strong to quite strong.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Thanks gents. Twas a hawg. Lots o' girth, just like the dude doing the catching

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Might head there Sunday, I'll let you know if we do but might pass as potential for this weekend to be a bit crowded is high. Paddled A'head a few times in the last few years but don't remember hooking anything notable. I caught a dogfish a few years ago on the lake but had no idea they would be in there also.

EOB- Thought you were back in Jerz fishing the good ole Delaware? Plenty of good fishing off the causeway as TC said. Try the bridge across from Stave Island (can get crowded there), the water is deep between there and the island and I've boated many good sized sm/lm in that area from boat/canoe. Also, a bit further north, some really good fishing to be had off Kibble point in Keeler bay, not as much pressure there as the causeway.
    Your not doing ahead right then

Place isn't full of bass trackers and nitros for nothing. One of the best small mouth spot in vt

Let me know if you head out. But with 60's and rain I will most likely be trouting.
    Last edited by thin cover; 07-04-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks for the info guys. Been away from the computer for a couple days but did manage to make it to the causeway on the 4th. Windy as all hell, to the point that it prevented me from fishing the east side at all, but I did coerce a couple little smallies to bite. So much good looking water up here I can't wait to bring my canoe up.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Arrowhead is great pike, wall eye and smallies also. You can get up to 5 rapids in the lamoille also from the mouth of the lake. Great small mouth and wall eye territory and super easy to fish from the Rocky points there.

The causeway has bowfin, carp, pike and bass. Gets traffic but plenty of fish. Swanton area is the best warm water fishing I know of. Maquam if you load at tabor point, bay holds lots of massive gar and all of the above species I listed. Have seen lots of 3-4 foot gar patrolling. Tough to hook, rope streamers work best

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I came up this past Monday for a couple days of hanging out, currently counseling a summer camp at UVM. Haven't made it out to the Delaware nearly as much as I'd like but from my understanding it's been a great year so far. My dad was up there last weekend and did really well. Local brookie fishing in NJ has been pretty good though.

Hot 4th of July action.

[
    That Don't Make No Sense

There are so many reasons that fishing is awesome. Sun, open water, fresh air, beers, good company and of course Girth Brooks here pulling you around the lake doesn't hurt either.

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Some nice basses right der I tells ya.

Met one of Girth's relations in the BB today. Bass o' the year for this guy.

Name:	July2014C.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	156727

Whopper.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Nice hogs boys! 7lbs Bottle?

If not, damn close.

I never weigh mine but yeah she was a doozie. Longer than my kayak's cockpit is wide and straightened my hook out. Totally would have lost that fish if it wasn't double hooked through the lip. I got really lucky on that one. Mag EGWs from here on out

Mind you this is on a pretty small pond near my house that simply goes overlooked by most. Produces absolute monsters on the regular though.

Got this lil barracudaface last week. Hate it when they annihilate my frogs.

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Well, OP is back. got the banhammer from another ski site and i decided to look in this fishing forum and was surprised to see my thread at the top.... Pic dump coming soon.
    Ski The East.
    Lemurs are rad.

Talking

Name:	hoggy.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	156777

Name:	Bq2nEdxCUAEkEbP.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	156778

Name:	1555394_10203270599476045_137828696_n.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	156779

Name:	bass lol.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	156780

Name:	bass topia.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	156781

Name:	BASSS.jpg 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	156782

Name:	BASSS.jpg 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	156782

Name:	brooo.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	156783 lol

Name:	big mommmma.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	156784

Name:	hog of lifetime.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	887.4 KB 
ID:	156785

Name:	swamp ddonkey.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	842.7 KB 
ID:	156786

there are some of em, yes im a youngin
    Ski The East.
    Lemurs are rad.

Name:	ice fish 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	156787

Name:	crow eater.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	156789 things eats ducks

Name:	test.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	615.4 KB 
ID:	156790
    Ski The East.
    Lemurs are rad.

Some bigguns right dere.

Fish on!

Name:	July2014F.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	156826

Name:	July2014G.jpg 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	156827

Paging FD to the Southern Champlain Valley. First time at BP this year and the Bottlewoman and I lost count of the number of bass we caught. AT LEAST 30. More importantly, several were hogs - somebody must have put some bass growth hormone in the water this spring. Caught the two biggest bass I've seen come out of that body of water on consecutive casts.Well worth the trip if you can find the time.
    Last edited by Bottleman; 07-18-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Fish on!

Name:	July2014F.jpg 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	156826

Name:	July2014G.jpg 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	156827

Paging FD to the Southern Champlain Valley. First time at BP this year and the Bottlewoman and I lost count of the number of bass we caught. AT LEAST 30. More importantly, several were hogs - somebody must have but some bass growth hormone in the water this spring. Caught the two biggest bass I've seen come out of that body of water on consecutive casts.Well worth the trip if you can find the time.

Damn! I like bananas!!

^^^^Come North young man! I promise to show you at least 18% of the good spots Just leave Benny at home. Please.

SWEEETTT! Just hope the snakes didn't get da juice too.

Guess I should put the golf clubs away Sunday and head south, you around?

Yes, will be around. Must. Check. Winds.

Portaged a canoe into a really nice lake in the Adirondacks over the weekend. Was going for musky but this fella was more interested.

On a side note there was this other group of city slickers that somehow found their way back there and had a mystery fish live lined. When asked what he had he pulled out a 31" musky that he said he was going to get taxidermied.

nice hog!
    Ski The East.
    Lemurs are rad.