TR: Moab Weekend

Headed down solo to meet up with a big group. Rode Soveirgn on Saturday. Wanted to get in a longer ride and new Beaterdit was in town racing the Enduro the day before. Got together and rode Amasa>Ahab>Amasa>Cliffhanger>Rockstacker>Jackson's . Good times.

Sam starting it off right with a fun drop

Heading out

Don't stuff a tire here

Home Stretch

Jealous!

Yes. Some old school Sprocket Rockets STOKE. Thank you. This place needs this.

^^ We have a NE Riding thread that's pretty consistently filed with teh stoke, maybe other locales should follow suit ala ski/snowboard...

Oh yea, looks like an amazing place. .. thanks for sharing! !

JTrue- are the last couple pics from RockStacker or Jackson's? I've ridden Amasa before, but we only did the main ride up to the lookout and then the spur to Pothole Arch.

Great pics, by the way.

Thanks man, Last 2 pics are from Jackson's. 3rd pic up we were still on Rockstacker.

nice shots; I'm beyond stoked at the prospect of riding there this fall!

Awesome. Ahab and Jackson's are definitely on my to-do list for my next foray south.

Rode Amasa on Monday. Fun stuff, wish we coulda got more in but weather had different plans. Nice pics, can't wait to get back.

Sweet pics JTrue, thanks for riding! This was prolly the highlight of my six day trip. Awesome combo of trails!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Great pics.

It has been way, way too long since I've ridden in Moab.

Good friend of mine, probably top 15 over 40 rider in CO, was out there couple weekends ago. I forget where he said he was but he and his three pals are riding up and 2/3 way up he gets an on your left. What what the hell, moves over and two guys pass. Puts heat into pedals and can't catch them. Get's to top, says hey as the two dudes are chilling. Nothing unusual, Remedy's, normal looking. His friends catch up and he says to them you guys want to lead the down? No, no go ahead my wife is coming up with some slow people. Starts the down and about half way down gets an on your left and it is two dudes and girl blowing past him. Drop him hard and fast can't hardly see them anymore. He thinks just who the hell is this. Gets to bottom, Heather and her husband JK, Ross Schnell.

Sweet. Yeah, Ross and Heather both won pro in the Enduro Cup the day before. Ross is is an awesome guy, hadn't seen him since JTrue, Springsproject, JohnGchrist and I rode the Single Speed Worlds in Durango and few years ago. He and Heather won that too, and got mandatory tattoos that night. In Moab I asked him about XC racing and he said he's not doing it at all any more, unless there's a convenient race close to him, just for training. He's focusing solely on Enduro, said it's just a lot more fun, which, it is.

Heather is really fucking fast and really fucking hot. All those gals can fucking ride! Guess I shouldn't be surprised but, the entire pro women's podium crushed me in the race and fourth beat me too. Awesome!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Nice job getting it done!!!! Any idea where the snow line is at in the la sal's and how far up the shuttles are going?
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

Not sure, this was a couple weeks ago. Might want to call one of the bike shops down there to check.

Shuttles are only going as high as Kokopelli. Multiple people have said a new rule by rangers is in place not opening the gates until July 1. That said you can ride up. Rode up to Hazard yesterday and it was perfect.

Nice, looks and sounds like an awesome time.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Thanks for posting.

I have to keep reminding myself how big a deal it is to do an MTB trip in Moab or any of the other 1,000 places we get to see on this Board.

I would guess less than .001% of the population ever does anything like you have posted here. Yea, you only live a couple hundred miles away, but still awesome stuff. Not for the weak and meek.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    cool shot