12 35.29%
  • supermodel159

14 41.18%
  • geomorph

2 5.88%
  • smmokan

1 2.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If you slow it down to once a month for the people who are less active, they still won't be active and the more active people will get bored with it all. There's nothing that says anyone has to enter every one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    From an observer, what about two concurrent MPC's, one month long each (staggered two weeks to keep it fresh for the regulars). i.e. the winner of this would start #104 and then #105 two weeks later, each running 1 month. Then back to the regular one winner starts the next one.

I'm normally way too busy to even think about a shot, but normally when I have a minute to dig my camera out of the closet, I'm out of time, or worried that I won't have a chance to process and upload, etc.
    I like this idea. The 2 weeks vs. 4 weeks doesn't matter as much to me, but I mainly like this idea because there is always a contest running. I don't have time to get out and shoot very often, and I hate how it seems that every time I am available, it is during a voting period with no contest running (like the past few days).

I would honestly rather have them turn over quicker. Like maybe a week to shoot and three days to vote. That way you keep the momentum up a little more and give more people the chance to participate/win.

Regardless of length (I think I like the current format), people tend to wait until the end of the contest to post. As a result, the MPC tends to drift down off the new posts page and maybe fewer casual participants see it. So I don't know if having a longer open period would necessarily help. The Photo/Video forum in general is pretty stale, which I think is the main source of the lack of participation.

I think you're all taking these "contests" a little too seriously.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Did I win!?!?! Did I Win????? OH, wait...

Congrats, supermodel.

Whatever you guys decide I'll be good with. It's all just for fun anyway.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

stoked to make a final cut!

Thanks for the positive comments. I instantly had a vision of a chain & gear when I read the contest title; I've been super slacking taking photos recently and was very happy to finally get some inspiration.

As for the contest format discussion I think an entire month is too long, also in favor of revisiting older theme's. They started before I owned a camera and knew Teton gravity had this interesting interweb place.

Love it or hate it, the next MPC will be May 1-26, voting 27-30th. I'll post it later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Love it or hate it, the next MPC will be May 1-26, voting 27-30th. I'll post it later tonight.
    I'll be sure to dig it up from page 3 to post an entry on the 25th.

Con grats to supermodel159 Looking forward to a month, hope to score a good capture.
    BTW I voted for smmokan as I have been in the same spot and it made me chuckle. [I haven't seen a poopghost injury thread]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

A month is wack. They already drag on too long as it is, which is why I became bored with them. Having a few going staggered at the same time as mentioned on the last page is a great idea if they are going to stagnate that long.

The worst part about entering the contest is that you might win. The happy feeling in your pants is cool and all but the harsh cold reality of putting up another MPC looms large. Keeping all 47 Photo/Video peanut gallery fanboys motivated and happy throughout is near impossible. Not enough entries and you had a boring topic or posted to tight a deadline for busy photogs with kids, to many entries and you selected the wrong pictures for the final.

I say winners take the liberty to do whatever they want with 'their' contest. Longer or shorter. Midget shoots. IPA prizes. Whatever. Attendance will rise and fall. People will bitch or hail props. It will be what it is.

I don't like winning, I only like getting selected. Please no one vote for me in the future

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    May 1st is almost over and still no new contest!
    Yep, I'm letting the MPC air out a little bit. We don't need one running every day of the year.

"7. The winner has 3 days to start a new contest or 2nd place becomes the new winner"

7. The winner has 3 days to start a new contest or 2nd place becomes the new winner.

beat me
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 05-02-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: too slow
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yeah, I don't think not posting one does anyone any good regardless of your opinion on the length argument.

Air out? What in the fuck is the point in that, just post a new one. So tommorrow or 2nd place gets it?...sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by outabounds View Post
    "7. The winner has 3 days to start a new contest or 2nd place becomes the new winner"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    7. The winner has 3 days to start a new contest or 2nd place becomes the new winner.

beat me
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Yeah, I don't think not posting one does anyone any good regardless of your opinion on the length argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Air out? What in the fuck is the point in that, just post a new one. So tommorrow or 2nd place gets it?...sweet.
    The Collective has spoken. I say "fire in the hole" Angry Swede and lets get this thing running for the weekend...
    This is the worst pain EVER!

I should be able to post it up during lunch today.

Go ahead angry swede. I don't like to play by the rules.

You guys are pretty funny.

We're funny because we would rather a topic get posted before the weekend? Yeah, laugh riot.

I just don't get it. You wanted to extend it to a month but then give it a break between topics. That doesn't make much sense.

Where the fuck is the new MPC? I don't know what I'm supposed to be taking photos of. Will someone please tell me? I'm so lost right now.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    Where the fuck is the new MPC? I don't know what I'm supposed to be taking photos of. Will someone please tell me? I'm so lost right now.

Here 678