Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NW Montana Backcountry Edit

Episode 3 of our web series focuses on the Backcountry around Missoula. We barely touched on the places we wanted to get out to, there was just so much we ran out of time. Here is what we did get, hope you enjoy!

Well this website wont let me embed. here is the link I guess. http://www.tetongravity.com/videos/T...34-1830054.htm

Maybe vimeos better player will work? Probably not but I will try. Check out the episode though its worth it!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/64018522" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/64018522">Trimmings: Episode 3 "Our Backyard"</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/jahrigmedia">Bobby Jahrig</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Seriously when I take the embed code that the website provides under the "share" share option on my video and it gives me a screenshot of the homepage? that doesnt seem right, anyone have any insight?

http://<iframe type="text/html" widt...een"></iframe>

If this one doesnt work I give up .

nice vid, by the way.

I liked it, it looked real, like dudes I'd ride with, well done.

so you guys do actually ski around there. based on the local missoula conditions thread i was under the assumption that you all just skied at snowbowl and then bitched about it. jk. thanx for sharing.

+1 for Doc

Really cool, thanks for posting that. What was that rock at 1:43? Elk Rock in the Lolo Domes or...?

That was an excellent video, but do you really think that song was the best to go with it and compliment the great camera work and skiing? I would have gone with something a lot more up beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Didn't mind the song myself, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Really cool, thanks for posting that. What was that rock at 1:43? Elk Rock in the Lolo Domes or...?
    Hey!

Nope, different Lolo zone. The Elk zone would be good for XCD, but nothing extensively steep there.

The rock is known as Delta Dome. Some of the best climbing in the CrystalTheatre zone is on Delta. The sunlit face in the vid has arguably the best route in the theatre...Gravy Dog. Best in early spring, pre black flys then the fall.
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Hey!

Nope, different Lolo zone. The Elk zone would be good for XCD, but nothing extensively steep there.

The rock is known as Delta Dome. Some of the best climbing in the CrystalTheatre zone is on Delta. The sunlit face in the vid has arguably the best route in the theatre...Gravy Dog. Best in early spring, pre black flys then the fall.
    Ah yes, the Crystal Theatre. I don't think I ever made it up there, although I heard lots of talk about it from those who were developing it. Looks cool. Great video.

wow you're so rad you go BACKCOUNTRY near missoula?

please promote it more, as it's not crowded enough yet and it's no fun unless you bump elbows on the skintrack and get hip-checked on the descent

Glad to see the typical no stoke posting shitheads complaining about the music or the video!!! If you tools ever made a video, you'd understand everyone likes different music and you cant please everyone.

If you fucktards don't like it, make your own that you like. Until then, STFU

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Thank you so much, I'm totally a noob at this website. Any instructions you could give me on how to properly embed with this system so I dont have to go through that again haha?

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    wow you're so rad you go BACKCOUNTRY near missoula?

please promote it more, as it's not crowded enough yet and it's no fun unless you bump elbows on the skintrack and get hip-checked on the descent
    Haha, wow, are you for real? I was born and raised in Missoula and have been skiing in these mountains for 20 years. If you are worried about places being too crowded then you obviously don't know the right places to go. I will "promote" or express my love for my home and passions through whatever artistic means I please. Why don't you go out and make something or do something worth while and then think about what you said.

And to everyone else, thanks for the kind words. Im glad you liked it. The reason we do this all season is in hopes that you people will get some sort of experience out of it... and its really fun!

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That was an excellent video, but do you really think that song was the best to go with it and compliment the great camera work and skiing? I would have gone with something a lot more up beat.
    let me guess...perhaps you would have preferred SAIL by AWOLNATION?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrig View Post
    Thank you so much, I'm totally a noob at this website. Any instructions you could give me on how to properly embed with this system so I dont have to go through that again haha?
    Just look at the html when you quoted me; its just: (vimeo)the vimeo number that's at the end of the vimeo address(/vimeo)

except the "(" is a "["

Vid was sweet. I particularly enjoyed the music, so don't listen to any flack about that. Doc was the man...I'm sad I never got to see him in person.
    When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com