What do you paddle?

My primary boat is Pyranha Karnali since I've mostly been creeking over the winter and spring. My playboat is a riot nitro 58. It's pretty high volume for my weight, but it makes it a better river runner on some more challenging rapids (class 4).

What about everyone else?

Perception Phat. That's right bitches!
    Buddy of mine designed it and it changed creeking for me.
    Then I kind of phased out of boating and into climbing, now phased out of climbing into biking.
    Not worth selling.

Bought a Wave Sport Diesel 80 for this year...can't wait to get it on some water.

Just got a used Diesel 80, sweet ride.
    watch out for snakes

zero gravity 54, diesel 65, Necky Elaho HV
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Perception Pirouette
    WS Y
    Riot Trickster Ultralight
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

CR 125 and Remix 79.

I paddled a diesel 65 on chattooga sec. 4 a few weeks ago and I liked it a lot. They have a good hull design.

I got in a recon earlier tonight in a pool and it was pretty bomber. The outfitting is incredible

I have the older Diesel 75 and it has been my go2 boat for as long as I have had it until I got the Diesel 80. Also get out in my Jackson 4Fun, Big Dog Wildwater racer, B2, Phazer, Prijon 82, Thrillseeker, and couple of others.
    Last edited by scottyb; 04-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Got a Freeride 57 and a Sub 6 that is mostly just for holding beer and ice.

In the market for a creeker, the Recon does look good, so does the Tuna and Stomper.... what to do.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

I've heard nothing but good things about the stomper. Someone told me it has autoboof capabilities. My friend told me the recon weighs a lot more than some other similar sized creekers because of the outfitting, but it didn't feel significantly heavier carrying it across the pool. Maybe on a long hike in or hike out I would notice it more. I also didn't bother to look at the specs online

LL thigh braces leave something to be desired compaired to wavesport and by the looks of them on the interwebs the BlissStick as well.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Epic V10L, Riot Astro 54, Riot Big Gun. Man, I know so little about the new boats these days. I ate, slept and breathed ww kayaking during the Glide, Slice, Trickster, Tekno phase. Was a big Riot fan (obviously). Has anything really changed since then?

Has anything really changed since then?

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Not really.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Epic V10L, Riot Astro 54, Riot Big Gun. Man, I know so little about the new boats these days. I ate, slept and breathed ww kayaking during the Glide, Slice, Trickster, Tekno phase. Was a big Riot fan (obviously). Has anything really changed since then?
    back then I seem to remember sticking the nose into waves or pourovers to throw ends also flatspins, the boats (like the XXX) were a little longer and SO slicy/low volume it was hard to get your feet in

The newer boats are shorter tahn back then, wider way up front at water line around the knee/foot area which allows them to bounce on a wave , time your carve/bounce with a stroke and you can get airborne ... do a 180 in the air instead of flat spinning
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Kind of joking, but kind of not. Watched a few of the new school paddling movies in the last few years, and it seems that there has been some innovation, just not as much as back I. The days of the first real flat hulled boats. A lot of the new school tricks were being performed in the longer Glides, Discos, Teknos - it was just harder.

Was pleasantly surprised at the JK Fun. A forgiving boat, easy to get on end just about anywhere (didn't like the way it flat wheeled), and it surfed well.

Anyway, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Seth

pyranha m3

first generation eskimo diablo. Best boat ever made. also have a remix 79, cracked burn, cracked everest, cracked villian, and a cracked shiva.

alpacka denali.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Zet Raptor (best creakier I've ever used - big improvement over Burn, Jefe, Nomad, Mamba, CFS, etc).

Necky Orbit Fish for surfing, super fast but tempted to try something a bit more modern this summer.