Anyone kayaked on Maui?

I'm going to Maui in a week and was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to kayak. Let me know

You could pay a local outfitter to take you to Turtle town or Honolua, or Olowalu and have a meal at Leoda's... It's probably not all that much more expensive than renting a kayak.

There are at least ten outfitters, use google.

BUT, do not miss out on Kihie canoe clubs visitor program. You will get a 2 hour look into Hawaiina culture that goes back a thousand years and meet some very interesting people. If you can get into a boat with Kimokea Kapahulehua, do so.... http://www.kiheicanoeclub.com/guest11.php

If you want to rent a nice new 29" full-suspension and do some nice trail riding, PM me for details.

Aloha!

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    There are at least ten outfitters, use google.

BUT, do not miss out on Kihie canoe clubs visitor program. You will get a 2 hour look into Hawaiina culture that goes back a thousand years and meet some very interesting people. If you can get into a boat with Kimokea Kapahulehua, do so.... http://www.kiheicanoeclub.com/guest11.php

If you want to rent a nice new 29" full-suspension and do some nice trail riding, PM me for details.

Aloha!
    I went out on the OC-1 with Tim who paddles out of Hawaiian Canoe Club and found a lot of aloha. He does business as Hawaiian Paddle Sports and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time paddling with him or one of his guides. Crampedon, next time I'll try to paddle with Kihei-that program sounds great.

Honolua Bay is my favorite place on Maui but to tell you the truth you really want to be snorkeling there instead of kayaking. The underwater scenery there is unbelievable.
    http://www.gohawaii.com/maui/regions...ui/honolua-bay

I haven't kayaked around Maui, but I did find this site which perked my interest as
    a surfer,

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/pacioos/projects/sharks/

the Hawaiian islands have seen a spike in shark attacks in the past couple of years, so they started tagging tiger sharks and tracking their activity.

it's awe inspiring to see how much distance these shark can cover and how quickly
    they do it, also kind of sobering that most of the tagging took place just off the beach
    in Kihei

If you are Kayaking and fishing, I wouldn't be cooling my toes over the side,
    Last edited by tgray; 04-24-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Would bee super sweet if someone posted sum Hi kay yaky picturs in this potentially kewl thread. hint hint

ok me go firsties

Last edited by scottyb; 04-19-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    watch out for snakes

I think Kanaha Beach is a perfect place for kayaking in Maui. This beach is well known for its surfing, kiteboarding, outriggers, fishing, swimming, camping and picnicking activities.

Quote Originally Posted by NOGAH View Post
    I think Kanaha Beach is a perfect place for kayaking in Maui. This beach is well known for its surfing, kiteboarding, outriggers, fishing, swimming, camping and picnicking activities.
    You are absolutely right NOGAH! The Kanaha Beach is truly an amazing attraction in Maui with variety of things to do there including: surfing, kite boarding, fishing, swimming and camping. As well as it is perfect place to enjoy a picnic. I visited this beach site about 5 years ago with my father and mother and had a lovely weekend there.