Coreupt is knockout

http://www.newschoolers.com/readnews...ptcy?c=all&o=2

to be honest, I will not miss them that much. I've tried some coreupt this winter, and they were very, very strange to ski.

More over here: SKIPASS

This insight is interesting to.....
    Sur vérif leur chiffre 2011 était de 1 332 000€ ce qui devait faire entre 3 et 4 000 paires. 21 modèles avec 2/3 longueurs ça fait bien 50 moules de production en aluminium, soit un moule pour 80 paires.
    Hormis le budget com et la facon de vendre, voila peut etre une autre raison du dépot de bilan.
    Vraiment pas facile de vendre du ski

Quick translation: 50+ molds for about 80 skis average per mold per year. Even in China that adds ups.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

That sucks. My girlfriend absolutely loves her Sonars. Might be hard to find comparable replacements for her in the future.

The lulz from SIA 2010...

Sorry to hear that. It's never fun to a see a company go under. It seems like they were always blowing out their skis for cheap.

I thought their business model was completely backwards.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I guess you can't buy your way to a ski company...

From What I can tell about how the CoreUpt story goes:
    Starts out with high profile athlete (who than disappears to work on multi year project) and a handful of skis out of dynastar's molds (same skis?), which fails to draw much of any interest. Sells skis for dirt cheap at end of season due to no sales.

Moves to develop own models of skis, while signing an expensive (and constantly changing) roster of high profile skiers, who follow up by dropping off the map.

Fail to produce anything really exciting, and never connect with NA market, continue to sell skis at shop employee prices at the end of the season.

Finally come up with some skis that get a bit of attention, but continue to sell skis for dirt cheap, try and develop outerwear and other shenanigans. Continue to payout for an expensive and constantly changing team of skiers who don't bring the brand much attention.

Turns out you need to bring something to skiing if you want your brand to catch on...

I hope Klint is paying attention.

^^^Klint is def the next victim. You can get pro forms from Klint on facebook.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Hugh Conway Guest
    Hopefully a few more shitty companies will get flushed.

What was their business model, mtskier?

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    I thought their business model was completely backwards.
    What was their business model, mtskier?

Statement from their facebook page:

CoreUPT.com
    Yesterday.Hello everyone,
    As you heard we unfortunately got some financial problems. It doesn't mean Coreupt is going to close his door, it just means we need to be back on the track. We are working hard to find solutions.
    Of course, we keep our team available for any question or product warranty.
    Thank you for your support and messages.
    Talk to you soon

Wait. Which CoreUPTs were rebadged Dynastars? I'd have been more interested in their bargain basement Level Nine offerings had I known that...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Wait. Which CoreUPTs were rebadged Dynastars? I'd have been more interested in their bargain basement Level Nine offerings had I known that...
    They were in 08/09 but from 09/10 on they have been manufacturing their own designs.

Hmmm - Not surprised COREupt went under. Especially since the 99 euro sport conrad fire sale last week.

50+ molds for about 80 skis average per mold per year.
    Explains in one sentence the problem.
    Selling 4000 skis a year is a lot - but not if you have 20 models!

Some of their skis were good... But they had a really weird line up, with a whole bunch of skis that no one, even on the geeky ski forums, knows anything about.

One of my mates skied 100+ days on the Coiriers / Ascentions down in La Grave and raves about that model as one of his 'favorite ever ski'. (it is basically a dyanstar legend copy with soft tip). They obviously made some good skis but got the business model and range of skis wrong. Also I guess brand image counts for everything in the ski world....

Still 99 euros for a set of skis on Sport Conrad is a bargain!

Even at volume I suspect a $50-$75 per ski purchase price fully loaded into DE. That being said sport Conrad is looking for a 50% GM so a $60 dump price. Including inventory holding cost plus opportunity cost we are looking at a lose per ski. I hope sport Conrad is working a consignment model as they are in the drivers seat.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Most of the coreupt at 99 euro went soldout in a few days. Conrad is sending mails telling that they had 4000 skis and the level of request was astonishing aslo for them.
    Maybe they were kiddin, how can they manage 4000 coreupts?

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Spent this season on Hokkaido on The Caspers as my quiver of 1.

Nothing but good to say about them.

Shit. I should have bought another pair of the Dynastar XXL/Adrien Coiriers while I could.

They rock.

Level9 sometimes has them in stock... Crazy good prices too.