Hellllo, CLEVELAND!

Might be there do 5 days in May, an I need beta!
    I will be going to Euclid every day, but I would like to ride/stay nearer to the best trails in the Area.
    What do you know?
    Anyone on here from Clevenad?

no idea about trails, but I know Rays MTB has an indoor park in cleveland, if you're in to that sort of thing.

http://www.raysmtb.com/cle/index.php

Yeah, I figured I will do that if it rains. But I am looking for dirt n' rocks' n' roots' n' shit. Probably before or after Ray's hours, Anyhoo.

You know what is an awesome thing to do in Cleveland?

Pack.
    And get the fuck out of Cleveland.

(sorry, I'm no help)

Ray's is closed May-Septemberish. Only other place I've ridden around there is West Branch state park, which should be about an hour from downtown. It's good riding but it's usually under seasonal closure until mid/late May.

Moraine state park over in Pennsylvania is probably a couple hours from Cleveland, but it's awesome rocky tech. Kinda similar to a lot of the stuff in southern New England.

I'll only be able to ride morning/evening, so travel is out.
    I'm gonna bring a road bike too, just in case.

Bring your road bike and hit the Cleveland Metroparks bike trails. Most of the parks connect and they call it, not joking when i say this, "the emerald neckace". Look it up.

Vulture's Knob.

http://www.331racing.com/cms/vultures_knob/

Privately owned and awesome.

That looks like fun, I will make a point to hit that.
    Thanks.

Another vote for Vulture's Knob, and if you can go a little further, Mohican state park is awesome 26 miles of singletrack.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

I think I am hitting Mohican (and an area called 'wilderness?) on the drive out, but I am taking a five day class in Cleveland, so that might be a tad far.
    Mohican is great, that is good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I think I am hitting Mohican (and an area called 'wilderness?) on the drive out, but I am taking a five day class in Cleveland, so that might be a tad far.
    Mohican is great, that is good stuff.
    Mohican Wilderness is a separate zone, but close by. It's on private land and has been logged, I heard a lot of those trails got jacked and they are pretty much just mini DH lines, and you really need someone there to show you where to go/run shuttles. I think Mohican State Park (excellent trail riding, comparable with the west) would be more up your alley. FWIW.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Yeah, I rode there a few years ago. Fun, 'mild' XC, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    You know what is an awesome thing to do in Cleveland?

Pack.
    And get the fuck out of Cleveland.

(sorry, I'm no help)
    As someone who lived in Cleveland for 9 years I agree with the above.

Back then I didn't ride dirt, so can't help you, rideit. Except to suggest that the best thing to do in Cleveland if you can't get out of Cleveland, is drinking.

As others have pointed out Ray's, Westbranch, and Royalview will be under seasonal closure. Pending good weather they may get an early opening. Mohican Wilderness is a gray area as the land has changed hands and the new owner is fickle towards biking.

The good news is that Vulture's Knob has had a major renovation over the winter consisting of berms, jumps, flow, and stuff that public trails generally shy away from.

Mohican State Park is great as always.

Depending on what dates you are in town there is an awesome dh oriented team enduro taking place at The Wilds. The trails were machine built by a wc racer, her husband, and a few others. It's a bit of a haul from Cleveland but any event put on there results in stories you tell for years. Check out AOA Adventures on facebook and 331 Racing.

Send me a pm if you have any questions about rides as your trip gets closer. I generally get out 4-5 days a week and have a good idea how things are rolling.

Edit:
    Cleveland now has a Velodrome. Believe they rent bikes as well. Don't ride there from Euclid- it's a really really bad neighborhood the entire way.
    www.clevelandvelodrome.org