The video thread- Videos by the collective

Kind of like the photo of the day thread or the B&W or Pano threads, a place to share your video creations, get constructive criticism and learn new stuff, or just be blown away by the talent pool of the collective. Hopefully you guys will dig this idea and start sharing your stuff too.

I shot this one for work the other day.

I put together a quick little edit from Monarch's closing weekend. Its only about 50 seconds long. I'm going back to vimeo because youtube won't allow mobile view if you have copyrighted music in your video.

This is the last thing I did.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/membe...707/kidwoo,316

This is the last thing I've had some shots in (lots from that lane meyer guy too).

http://www.tetongravity.com/blogs/Vi...ty-6443397.htm
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Most of the shit I have done for the last year and a half have confidential information attached to them so I can't really share new stuff. I'll upload some boring shit I did though later on.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

My latest

Something different

the rest:
    https://vimeo.com/birdrobot
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quick edit from a short I'm working on.

Again... I'll probably bore you with the shit I do but here goes. This is one of a seven part series for AGA medical explaining how they saved Tedy Bruschi's life. This was just one part but if you are interested feel free to go to that youtube channel to watch them all.

He was a tough edit as he speaks very poorly off the cuff and there wa tons of ughhs, aghhs, umms, stutter and normal non actor shit to deal with. Not to mention this was shot in the course of 2 days and we cut all the videos down to about 10 minutes tops. The audio of these cut was the most time consuming by far.

Last edited by systemoverblow'd; 04-22-2013 at 09:51 PM.

I think I shared these 3 back in the day. The first two are for Iron Mountain out of a four piece project I did and the third is for Connoisseurs for a 3 piece tv 30.

this one was difficult due ot obviously the same actor needing to appear in multiple frames at the same time. I shot a clean plate with all the cube actors doing their thing and let him roll out doing his thing in multiple places. We had him just keep playing around for a minute per take in location so we had plenty of roll to deal with. With the help of green screens in places and masks I think it came out pretty good for a few hours of shooting.

This was pretty straight forward originally. The director came up with the chase scene in the warehouse on the fly and we couldn't get the van in there. So he found a cart with wheels and decided to push me across the floor to get the tracking indoor running shots. That wasn't enjoyable and I have cellphone video of the behind the scenes if anyone cares.

Last edited by systemoverblow'd; 04-22-2013 at 10:36 PM.

More boringness...

I am super unhappy with this one. We had a limited amount of time with this shoot due to Pega peoples availability and it was lit awfully. I certainly didn't see eye-to-eye with the director on this one. Part of learning is showing your failures...

And I posted this recently. We had 3 days to concept and work on it but I ended up having one all-nighter to get it done. All designer/editor created.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    More boringness...
    Really enjoyed your first 3, very very impressive, pretty funny and just very professionally done, what are you shooting on for those?

really hated that pega one, text was seriously annoying and distracting and it was just pretty boring overall.

Last video was nice, but why's the red lettering always really low res?

Quote Originally Posted by mag1882 View Post
    Really enjoyed your first 3, very very impressive, pretty funny and just very professionally done, what are you shooting on for those?
    Thanks. The first 2 were shot on a 7D and the last one was a 5dII. The last one I didn't shoot, I just cut it.

really hated that pega one, text was seriously annoying and distracting and it was just pretty boring overall.
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan either. I didn't do the editing on that one. I shot it for a local agency and someone else cut it and put the text in. I like the idea of the text on a different plane coming in behind but it was just too much. And yeah... the topic is boring as hell.

Last video was nice, but why's the red lettering always really low res?
    That was my bad. I uploaded a lower res version to get a viewing posted quickly for the client and haven't updated the file. I should probably do that as it looks like crap.

Actually I was more meaning lenses sorry, shoulda said.

And oh right fair enough, was just curious how it had happened.

Actually I was more meaning lenses sorry, shoulda said.

And oh right fair enough, was just curious how it had happened.
    Honestly those were all shot with zoom lenses. Can't pick out what was what but every shot was done with either the 17-55 f/2.8, 24-105 f/4 or the tokina 11-16 f/2.8.

Here's a super old gfx reel. The first animation was actually created originally by someone else but I adjusted it so I can't take full credit. Also, the UA commercial at the end I was asked to do a color job on and it actually wasn't used in the final. But I liked it so I included it. Man, looking back on these old videos remind me how little I knew.

Last edited by systemoverblow'd; 04-30-2013 at 10:05 PM.

We made 8 music videos for a wedding band called District 21. Shot with RED with Super Speeds (not by me). I acted as AD, post supervisor and editor. This is 4 snippets of those 8 videos strung together... this is all I have. The raw is with the EP.

I absolutely hate the acting of the trumpet dude on the second track pretending to do the sample (you'll notice it). Pissed me off so bad, but I wasn't final word. Ughh. Also the DP forgetting to apply the correct profile of the indoor shots to the outdoor shots in video 3 having me try to unsuccessfully match the in camera looks in post.
    Last edited by systemoverblow'd; 04-30-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Those are nice. What did they cost? Like 500 bucks or so?

oh, funny.

Put this together a while back as a proof of concept for a movie segment I wanted to make. It didn't end up panning out, but I still think it's pretty cool visually. Used a luma matte in AE to superimpose a parks shoot and pow skiing.

I wanted to share a video of what the wildflowers in CB look like right now with my friends that haven't ever been here. I did a quick 48 second video with my goPro. I've been keeping my edits super short because I don't feel like people have a very long attention span, and anything longer than 48 seconds of chest mount mountain biking would probably get really boring.

I went to Chile for two weeks and I made this video.