Page 1838 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 ... LastLast
Results 45,926 to 45,950 of 46300
    I usually just walk right into them, they move

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Walking down a sidewalk with my wife and coming upon another couple or group, I always slide in behind my wife to make room. But it's amazing how many people don't do the same. They just stay side by side and assume it's their space. And generally, we're the f'n oldest, not that it makes a difference, but when 20-somethings don't show courtesy it just makes me realize their parents shouldn't have reproduced.

/rant
    My wife always slows down if I do this and I end up bumping into her. I know, there's a thread for that.

I prefer "WAKE UP!!!" Although I generally rely on the stop and stand in their way passive-aggressive approach.
    I live in a college town, and the obliviousness is astounding. This is why we need apex predators to weed out the weak, especial;ly ones that key in on raucous, inane conversations.

The worst ones are staring at their phone while walking down the side walk.

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Drift: saw a guy texting while skiing on Friday. Why??
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Walking down a sidewalk with my wife and coming upon another couple or group, I always slide in behind my wife to make room. But it's amazing how many people don't do the same. They just stay side by side and assume it's their space. And generally, we're the f'n oldest, not that it makes a difference, but when 20-somethings don't show courtesy it just makes me realize their parents shouldn't have reproduced.
    /rant
    These are the same idiots (advanced walkers) that snowshoe (if they have any winter gear) or posthole in tennis shoes (if they have no winter gear) down the classic track on the cross country trails and then apologize that they are doing just that. DID YOU READ THE FUCKING XC TRAIL ETIQUETTE? CLEARLY, NO.

I was picking up a six pack and a burrito in SIlverthorne last Thursday when there was a family that came out of the restaurant where the mother had a little girl by the arm sorta dragging her along in an angry fashion. The little girl looked bewildered while the mother was yelling under her breath "you need to learn to be nicer to people who aren't like us". Yup, the mother, who I'll refer to as Karen, was as white as the driven snow. The town was full of people who got kicked off I70 and the Mexican place was full of all stripes and colors. The little girl was probably parroting something she heard at home.
    Wait, what was the problem here? I remember the shit my brother said the first time he saw a black kid in rural Mississippi. He didnt mean anything by it, he was just confused, and my mom was horrified.
    At least the lady was reprimanding the kid. Maybe i missed your point though.

You never watched Sesame Street, Mr. Rodgers, or Alfalfa?
    Fat Albert?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I was picking up a six pack and a burrito in SIlverthorne last Thursday when there was a family that came out of the restaurant where the mother had a little girl by the arm sorta dragging her along in an angry fashion. The little girl looked bewildered while the mother was yelling under her breath "you need to learn to be nicer to people who aren't like us". Yup, the mother, who I'll refer to as Karen, was as white as the driven snow. The town was full of people who got kicked off I70 and the Mexican place was full of all stripes and colors. The little girl was probably parroting something she heard at home.
    i don't know why but earlier today i remembered some racist shit i said at school in like first grade. one of those things that my brain just assigned me to think about for a second, ya know? well, my thought was, i must've heard something to that effect from one of my parents or something. problem is, they, and every single other adult that i could think of as having a formative influence on my childhood, have always been just the antithesis. so i concluded that little kids are just naturally a lil bit racist. and yes, the media i was exposed to definitely had underlying racial commentary.
    swing your fucking sword.

I was once sitting at a sidewalk table at a restaurant, and across the street was a hipster on a fixie bike, riding no hands, and using those hands to text on his phone. Not looking up at all.

A car pulled out of a parking garage, slowly, and stopped to let traffic -- including that fixie rider -- pass by. Fixie rider didn't look up, and rode straight into the fender of that car.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Did you end up on the ground laughing hysterically?

I would've.

Yep. It was truly amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I was once sitting at a sidewalk table at a restaurant, and across the street was a hipster on a fixie bike, riding no hands, and using those hands to text on his phone. Not looking up at all.

A car pulled out of a parking garage, slowly, and stopped to let traffic -- including that fixie rider -- pass by. Fixie rider didn't look up, and rode straight into the fender of that car.
    I was once riding along on my fixed gear with a quart bottle of High Life in one hand and a smoke in the other and a branch fell out of a sycamore right in front of me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm in the substantial minority of people that turn their cars off when dropping kids off at daycare. Every damn day, there's at least 1 or 2 Suburbans / Tahoes / Other Generic Land Yacht idling in front of the daycare for ~5 minutes while they drop their crotch fruit off. The parents are all decked out in their natural hemp fiber responsibly harvested environmentally conscious Patagonia clothes, and then they leave their 9 mpg behemoth running for no apparent reason.

They’re saving the starter from wear and tear. Should be able to go an extra year between replacements.

fact.

I was early last time I got a haircut. While I was waiting in the lot a couple pulled in w/ their full size suv, botoxed 40 something wife goes in, comes out after a few minutes to wave her hubby in. He gets out, puts their frufru dog in the back seat, slips his ccw holster in his pants and goes in, leaving the vehicle idling. Still was running when I came out from my haircut 20 minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    I was early last time I got a haircut. While I was waiting in the lot a couple pulled in w/ their full size suv, botoxed 40 something wife goes in, comes out after a few minutes to wave her hubby in. He gets out, puts their frufru dog in the back seat, slips his ccw holster in his pants and goes in, leaving the vehicle idling. Still was running when I came out from my haircut 20 minutes later.
    Not excusing that behavior, but maybe they were running the heat/ ac for the lap dog?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Not excusing that behavior, but maybe they were running the heat/ ac for the lap dog?
    It was cloudy and in the 50’s. Possible for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    Proof positive that gas isn't expensive enough. Just keep taxing it until people STOP idling in parking lots.

reminds me of arriving to the ski lot early. A good portion of cars run the engine for heat for 1hr+ while they take a nap. Put your damn jacket on. I don't want to breath your exhaust while I slip into my bogner one piece

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    reminds me of arriving to the ski lot early. A good portion of cars run the engine for heat for 1hr+ while they take a nap. Put your damn jacket on. I don't want to breath your exhaust while I slip into my bogner one piece
    Cause you can’t smell your farts as well?

How many of y'all stale old fucks who bitch about idling also turn off the auto stop/start on your own vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    50% of the time it is some bro'ed out massive diesel truck. I typically get ready and out of the parking lot pretty fast, but getting the kids ready while being gassed with diesel exhaust is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    How many of y'all stale old fucks who bitch about idling also turn off the auto stop/start on your own vehicles?
    Auto stop/start on my own vehicle.

You're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    They’re saving the starter from wear and tear. Should be able to go an extra year between replacements.

fact.
    I'm guessing the typical start motor nowadays has more than enough cycles between failure for the average life of the vehicle, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Don't some vehicles even automatically shut off the engine when the car comes to a stop for more than a few seconds now? Seems like I've had rentals that do that.