Page 131 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 46232
    The 24 hour news cycle

People calling winter the Polar Vortex.

The Jet Stream dips at time dipshits, same as it ever was.

I still call it The Jake.

Love problems with no solutions
    In with the 9.

the talk-radio guy has evidently been here for quite a while and from what i gather is an acknowledged psycho. i'm new enough that i'm not yet sure who i can chat with about this stuff without having to worry about my commentary making the wrong impression. anyhow, this dude has never once looked me in the eyes or ever responded when i've offered a casual "hello" or "good morning" sort of greeting. so weird. my desire to fit into things and be cool with the new office folks is being outweighed pretty rapidly by my growing disdain for this psycho.

in a strange development today there is a huge can of buckeye peas on the floor of his cube (he eats canned food out of the same bowl each day for lunch), next to the same black hoody and black leather jacket that he always lays on the floor. never once has he hung up a jacket. and i've been taking close notice, since it seems like a crazy amount of my time has been spent giving less and less subtle non-verbal cues to try and provide hints that the radio is annoying. like staring at him with wide eyes and my mouth agape, and both hands over my ears. shaking my head and loudly sighing each time i hear the same stupid intro that whatever station that pollutes the airwaves uses. "all we want is freedom, blah, blah, blah".

he's the only person i've ever been around in an office environment that literally slams the palm of his hand down onto the stapler each time he uses it. And this dude's job involves lots and lots of paperwork, so he's slamming away at his stapler quite a lot. I doubt that he's ever noticed how I'll start echoing him by slamming down on my own stapler... or maybe he has noticed, and i'm in grave danger.

because it's a crazy-ass situation, and i'm ocd in an my own strange ways, i also started noticing that the guy wears the same clothes in a very predictable rotation. for the month of october i recorded some data (22 workdays): Pants-wise, from what I can tell the guy has three pairs of pants. He wore the same pants 15 out of 22 days, twice as much as the other two pair combined and always with the same black belt and brown lace-up mocs. For shirts, I recorded six different specimens. He was in a strong rotation of the same four golf shirts for quite a while, but ended up shocking me by wearing long-sleeved dress shirts with ugly plaid patterns six out of 22 days. The accuracy with which I am able to now predict what this guy will wear for each day of a coming week is sort of scary.

this all annoys me.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

My house is one in from the end of the road and somebody is tossing schnapps nips out on a daily basis...onto technically my neighbors property, but their driveway is on the other road and the yard is fenced, so we always clean shit up if its there. This person has an alcohol problem, a littering problem, and maybe some sort of double life going on.

If it only happened once in a while it wouldn't bother me, but it's starting to really piss us off. We have a plan...

$120.00 to have my shoes resoled? WTF. (I didn't by the way)

K
    Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    the talk-radio guy has evidently been here for quite a while and from what i gather is an acknowledged psycho. i'm new enough that i'm not yet sure who i can chat with about this stuff without having to worry about my commentary making the wrong impression. anyhow, this dude has never once looked me in the eyes or ever responded when i've offered a casual "hello" or "good morning" sort of greeting. so weird. my desire to fit into things and be cool with the new office folks is being outweighed pretty rapidly by my growing disdain for this psycho.

in a strange development today there is a huge can of buckeye peas on the floor of his cube (he eats canned food out of the same bowl each day for lunch), next to the same black hoody and black leather jacket that he always lays on the floor. never once has he hung up a jacket. and i've been taking close notice, since it seems like a crazy amount of my time has been spent giving less and less subtle non-verbal cues to try and provide hints that the radio is annoying. like staring at him with wide eyes and my mouth agape, and both hands over my ears. shaking my head and loudly sighing each time i hear the same stupid intro that whatever station that pollutes the airwaves uses. "all we want is freedom, blah, blah, blah".

he's the only person i've ever been around in an office environment that literally slams the palm of his hand down onto the stapler each time he uses it. And this dude's job involves lots and lots of paperwork, so he's slamming away at his stapler quite a lot. I doubt that he's ever noticed how I'll start echoing him by slamming down on my own stapler... or maybe he has noticed, and i'm in grave danger.

because it's a crazy-ass situation, and i'm ocd in an my own strange ways, i also started noticing that the guy wears the same clothes in a very predictable rotation. for the month of october i recorded some data (22 workdays): Pants-wise, from what I can tell the guy has three pairs of pants. He wore the same pants 15 out of 22 days, twice as much as the other two pair combined and always with the same black belt and brown lace-up mocs. For shirts, I recorded six different specimens. He was in a strong rotation of the same four golf shirts for quite a while, but ended up shocking me by wearing long-sleeved dress shirts with ugly plaid patterns six out of 22 days. The accuracy with which I am able to now predict what this guy will wear for each day of a coming week is sort of scary.

this all annoys me.
    You should consider a new job - one where you don't work closely with other people. I mean, yeah, that guy's weird, but your account above shows signs of... Just get out, that's all I'm saying.

Nah, steal his stapler and replace it with a shittier one that does not always function. Then keep track of his shirts until he explodes.

@Meadow skipper: I dunno, it's kind of awesome in a sort of Jane Goodall-ish way. Behavior of the Tatted Teatard in its native environment and all.

the talk-radio guy has evidently been here for quite a while and from what i gather is an acknowledged psycho. i'm new enough that i'm not yet sure who.........
    You might end up being the contents of one of his canned goods if you keep investigating this guy

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    film that crap, send it to adveres to edit, creaky to critique and dunfee to create a forum.
    Fixed.

Nonono send it to the Indian astrologers they seem to be better at creating threads than Dunfee

spook Guest
    and to dasblunt to ...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @Meadow skipper: I dunno, it's kind of awesome in a sort of Jane Goodall-ish way. Behavior of the Tatted Teatard in its native environment and all.
    Office anthropology seems like a sure path to madness, unless you have rock-solid "Office Space" -type coping skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Office anthropology seems like a sure path to madness, unless you have rock-solid "Office Space" -type coping skills.
    Maybe they need a little Terry Tate up in that bitch.

People that start a sentence with an 'Oh,'. Usually found written in this forum, as if to add something they just remembered before posting.

Oh, and the few people that post their opinion on a long thread that start with, "I didn't read the whole thread, but here's my opinion..." Doing this over and over in many threads (that are not that long) is a bit narcissistic.

And no, I didn't check 145 pages of this thread to see if these little peeves were already covered, I'd imagine the first one has been?

this all annoys me.
    Wow.

Noise canceling headphones?
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

That there's not ONE tire shop in Bozeman that sells General brand tires. Was going to give my business to a local shop for my new winter rubber, but was told by multiple stores that nobody in town carried what I wanted. Just ended up ordering them online a few minutes ago instead.

Hey, brick and mortar stores! THIS is why you guys are losing to the internet. It's not just price, but selection. It was bad enough when stores always told you, "No, we don't have that in stock, but we can order it for you," but lately I've been seeing more and more "We can't even order that for you." I'm sure it has to do with vendor relations and what not, but it's still annoying.

spook Guest
    pdx going into crisis mode over 0" of snow and then calling the whole thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    K
    You should consider a new job.
    Or counselling?

four golf shirts
    Although fear of golf shirts might just require growing a pair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Shitty banquet food. Especially shitty mashed potatoes. They always seem to fuck those up.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe they need a little Terry Tate up in that bitch.

Y'know, it might be nice to have someone like that working at the lift maze during peak periods, maintaining a little order. Some of those hits were pretty awesome, and so was that necklace thing he was wearing in the interviews.

"Felcher and sons..." Heh.

Sitting in the conference hall for 2 hours after shooting an all-day event to "debrief", when we could be down the hall in the hotel bar getting food and drink and debriefing there like civilized adults. And that idea was brought up and one guy shot it down, fucking prick. We should leave him here.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

People that don't know how to drive thru rotary's

The IRS supposedly "losing" my personal return from 2012. Just got a notice from them today saying I have a massive credit on my account (the exact amount I owed of course), and that I need to file immediately, and if I've already filed to send a newly-signed copy and all documents I included with the original return. I of course have the notice from back then saying they've accepted my return and the tracking number, but now they supposedly know nothing about that? They're playing stupid with me. I'm losing my freaking mind with these morans! I don't have time for this BS. Ugh...