Page 1829 of 1853 FirstFirst ... 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 ... LastLast
Results 45,701 to 45,725 of 46303
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Maybe he’s threatening you, maybe not. I think a lot of us have fantasized about bitch slapping your petty, angry and scrawny ass. You seem to live a pretty great life, what’s with the petty jealousy and anger?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This last episode was wild. Folks call him out for being an obvious asshole, so he apologizes, then immediately switches, and goes back to being an asshole and feels threatened by an online poster at lightly moderated TGR.

psy·cho·path

A person affected by chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Somebody is already not getting enough sleep. Imagine what this guy will be like on Monday.
    The same asshole he was on Saturday? Grab an extra cup of coffee and FITFO.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Stop being a child, you’ll get older and realize that you might not adapt to the change that well. You know how everyone’s experience is different than yours? Something to think about.
    i am a big believer that everything is relative to a person's "normal". E.g. it is far more shocking/impactful/traumatic to sleep on a cold street if you are only used to a warm house and bed, than it is if you are used to sleeping out on the street regularly, etc. So, I usually try to logically understand people and their actions through that lense. And so whining about such a small discomfort as being a little sleepy, hungry, bored, etc when you are an adult is annoying in the same way a wealthy teenagers whining about the wrong brand name on their clothing is annoying.
    Last edited by californiagrown; 03-08-2024 at 11:24 AM.

It amuses me that the money slaves that manipulate an artificial system so that they could get an extra hour of daylight to recreate in the evening are saying those in tune with the natural environment need to HTFU.

I know. Wrong thread.

Technology is the art of arranging the world so we don't notice it
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Adults whining about having to wake up an hour earlier (for about 5 days until their bodies adapt), annoy me. I get it, DST is kindof stupid and a little inconvenient, but if you are an adult with any semblance of responsibilities in your life how the fuck does this incredibly brief disruption to your "perfect" nights sleep even register? Buncha charmin jiffypuff soft MFers. It ranks up there with adults whining about being hungry, or bored, or other complaints more befitting a child.
    Dude, really?

https://newsroom.heart.org/news/here...r-heart-health
    TLDR;
    According to a study of hospital admissions across the state of Michigan, there was a 24% increase in heart attacks on the Monday following the switch to daylight saving time. In a study from Finland, researchers found that the overall rate of ischemic stroke was 8% percent higher during the first two days after a daylight saving time transition.

I think "whining" about people who end up dead as a result of the time change is pretty justified, honestly!
    But perhaps that's just me, eh?

Obviously the businesses would have to open later too. Shouldn't be a problem. The boss wants to ski before work too. Why else would they open a business in a ski town? For the reliable, sober labor force? The great schools? The reliable year round income

I am the boss. I dont want to open later. I want to be done early most days so i can start drinking beer with my friends. 30 years. I have a routine. Opening resorts later also means spring snow gets heavier. I was at Alyeska once and watched 16” turn into 6” by the time the lifts opened.

The same asshole he was on Saturday? Grab an extra cup of coffee and FITFO.

i am a big believer that everything is relative to a person's "normal". E.g. it is far more shocking/impactful/traumatic to sleep on a cold street if you are only used to a warm house and bed, than it is if you are used to sleeping out on the street regularly, etc. So, I usually try to logically understand people and their actions through that lense. And so whining about such a small discomfort as being a little sleepy, hungry, bored, etc when you are an adult is annoying in the same way a wealthy teenagers whining about the wrong brand name on their clothing is annoying.
    have you ever slept on the street? Because you sound like an asshole that never has (I have, by choice, traveling) The problem isn’t the lack of 800-count sheets and a duvet silly cube monkey, the problem is the noise and the disruption. The last two aren’t things that humans really adapt too, and affect quality of sleep.

and the problem of losing an hour of sleep, and having to get up an hour earlier is very different if you don’t work some 9-5 PowerPoint gig that has “core office hours” but otherwise DNGAF.

If you are arguing against the switch from DST to PST on the basis of health, then we should stay on PST according to the sleep experts, because permanent DST is going to result in more dark mornings which is detrimental to health.

So of course it's logical the politicians have picked permanent DST as the solution.

https://aasm.org/advocacy/position-s...tion-statement

"Although chronic effects of remaining in daylight saving time year-round have not been well studied, daylight saving time is less aligned with human circadian biology — which, due to the impacts of the delayed natural light/dark cycle on human activity, could result in circadian misalignment, which has been associated in some studies with increased cardiovascular disease risk, metabolic syndrome and other health risks. It is, therefore, the position of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine that these seasonal time changes should be abolished in favor of a fixed, national, year-round standard time."

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    have you ever slept on the street?
    Yes, not by choice first, and then later in life by choice (similarly, traveling). Personally, my biggest problems/fears were safety and being cold and wet.

I've never worked at a place with "core office hours but otherwise DNGAF", and dont think that really exists in my industry just by the nature of the work. Sounds cushy.

As for the heartattacks and strokes associated with DST, that makes total sense. Mornings are super common for hearattack and stroke, and waking up biologically a little earlier than normal is a little more stressful than normal. And that is one of many great reasons to do away with DST... but the reason most adults whine about DST is because waking up early is a little bit uncomfortable, and adults whining about being a little bit uncomfortable annoys me.

Medical Billing

I got a VM from the provider of shoulder sling post surgery :"Due to the fact the your bill has been outstanding since December and we have had no communication we have no choice but to send you to collections"

Call back, "no only have I been in communication via telephone, I believe I paid that invoice via check"

Check records, yep cleared in January.

Call back "Yeah, that check cleared 1/19." "Well my co working is out until next thursday. I'll try to get to the bottom of this. Please send be a copy of the check"

"Yeah, no. Lets summarize. You waited 5month to invoice be. You botched the insurance part. I called told you I was mailing a check (they charge fees on CC), I mailed the check, it cleared, the left a snarky VM saying you were sending me to collection and you still have apologized" "I'm new here"

Better yet, get rid of DST.
    I love it. Without DST the sun would come up at 4 am around the summer solstice here in Seattle. The current system works fine for me. About the only imposition is the five minutes it takes me to change the clocks that don't do it automatically. I can handle that twice a year for the benefit it brings. For better or for worse most of our schedules are dictated by the clock rather than the actual hours of daylight, so I feel like DST in the summer does the most good for the most people, especially at the higher latitudes.

Plug take a fucking lap, seriously guy. If you knew gepeto and just how certifiably fucked he is, it would worry you also. And douchecorn not scrawny and most definitely not afraid to throw a fist into yer oversized melon head, k
    crab in my shoe mouth

On Brand!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yes, not by choice first, and then later in life by choice (similarly, traveling). Personally, my biggest problems/fears were safety and being cold and wet.

I've never worked at a place with "core office hours but otherwise DNGAF", and dont think that really exists in my industry just by the nature of the work. Sounds cushy.

As for the heartattacks and strokes associated with DST, that makes total sense. Mornings are super common for hearattack and stroke, and waking up biologically a little earlier than normal is a little more stressful than normal. And that is one of many great reasons to do away with DST... but the reason most adults whine about DST is because waking up early is a little bit uncomfortable, and adults whining about being a little bit uncomfortable annoys me.
    you are an engineer, that very much is part of your industry, fuck off with your bootstrap posturing and rise and grind set autofellation. I wasn’t talking about fears. I was talking the specifics of loud noises waking you the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Medical Billing

"Well my co working is out until next thursday. I'll try to get to the bottom of this. Please send be a copy of the check"

"Yeah, no.
    Fuck that. Not going to spend my day chasing your shit. If you guys can cash the check you can find the record of it. Name and title please so I can include that in my CFPB complaint if this shit shows up on my credit report….
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Plug take a fucking lap, seriously guy. If you knew gepeto and just how certifiably fucked he is, it would worry you also. And douchecorn not scrawny and most definitely not afraid to throw a fist into yer oversized melon head, k
    battery says butterbitch, this amuses me

billing things like that are just a scam for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    You’re a 60 child, someone calls you out on your petty bullshit and you don’t know what to do. You’re wrong and you know it but it’s really hard to admit you’re an asshole. Double
    down with a threat.

gonna have a hard-boiled egg an a quick ski before addressing the clown makeup dunce cap wearing sodden stool with the leotard and no tutu standing in the corner and thinx no one knows about the smallish balls and mushroom wiene

meh... already spoke too soon
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I love it. Without DST the sun would come up at 4 am around the summer solstice here in Seattle. The current system works fine for me. About the only imposition is the five minutes it takes me to change the clocks that don't do it automatically. I can handle that twice a year for the benefit it brings. For better or for worse most of our schedules are dictated by the clock rather than the actual hours of daylight, so I feel like DST in the summer does the most good for the most people, especially at the higher latitudes.
    Yeah I was in favor of getting rid of the time change until I found out they want to make the earlier time permanent year round.

Even in San Diego the sun would come up at 4:40am and set at 7pm. Right now with the time change it is 5:40 and 8pm. Which is more reasonable. I'd vote to keep the time change rather than have 4:40/7pm

The only issue with year round daylight saving time is how dark it is for schools. I still remember the one year we tried that in the 70’s. Very weird in 2nd grade starting the first couple of hours in total darkness.

The current system of changing back and forth seems to piss everyone off the so it’s probably the best compromise. I used to bitch about it but the alternatives all have issues. As for heart attacks, the worst time of the year for heart attacks is Christmas to New years. If that’s our concern, time to cancel those along with DST.

Split the difference! Just bump the clock a half hour ahead year round. I'm sure everyone will love that.

(But yeah, I'm in the dst year round camp. In the dead of winter it's dark when I go to work, and it's dark when I leave work, but with dst it'd only be dark when I go to work.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    The only issue with year round daylight saving time is how dark it is for schools. I still remember the one year we tried that in the 70’s. Very weird in 2nd grade starting the first couple of hours in total darkness.

The current system of changing back and forth seems to piss everyone off the so it’s probably the best compromise. I used to bitch about it but the alternatives all have issues. As for heart attacks, the worst time of the year for heart attacks is Christmas to New years. If that’s our concern, time to cancel those along with DST.
    https://aasm.org/advocacy/position-s...tion-statement

"However, when temporary, year-round DST was adopted in response to an Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) oil embargo, increased fatalities among school-aged children in the morning were noted between January and April."

"DST results in more darkness in the morning hours, and more light in the evening hours. Both early morning darkness and light in the evening have a similar effect on circadian phase, causing the endogenous rhythm to shift to later in the day. There is evidence that the body clock does not adjust to DST even after several months.26 Permanent DST could therefore result in permanent phase delay, a condition that can also lead to a perpetual discrepancy between the innate biological clock and the extrinsic environmental clock, as well as chronic sleep loss due to early morning social demands that truncate the opportunity to sleep. The chronic misalignment between the timing of demands of work, school, or other obligations against the innate circadian rhythm is called “social jet lag.”27 Studies show that social jet lag is associated with an increased risk of obesity,28 metabolic syndrome,29 cardiovascular disease,30 and depression.3"

"Existing data support the elimination of seasonal time changes in favor of a fixed, year-round time. DST can cause misalignment between the biological clock and environmental clock, resulting in significant health and public safety-related consequences, especially in the days immediately following the annual change to DST. A change to permanent standard time is best aligned with human circadian biology and has the potential to produce beneficial effects for public health and safety."

I'm starting to get annoyed with people's insistence that we switch to permanent DST despite all the evidence showing its probably a terrible idea for society at large and will likely cause far more issues than are caused by the switching we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Wow, that's fucking ridiculous in this day and age.
    Wait until you hear about all of the jurisdictions that don't have any recycling pickup. Or about the ones that have no recycling capabilities at all!
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Yeah I was in favor of getting rid of the time change until I found out they want to make the earlier time permanent year round.

Even in San Diego the sun would come up at 4:40am and set at 7pm. Right now with the time change it is 5:40 and 8pm. Which is more reasonable. I'd vote to keep the time change rather than have 4:40/7pm
    Yeah, why wouldn't they just lock it in at standard time?

Oh, right--it's about the money. It's always about the fucking money.

"And the biggest argument for this approach may be an economic one. The idea is that having more light in the evenings encourages people to go out and do things — i.e., spend money.

The nation's convenience stores, for example, told a congressional subcommittee that they see an uptick in spending when clocks are set to daylight saving." from NPR
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Fuck those kids, we want to ride our bikes in the evening!

We’re doomed because of the asshats that only care about their selfish desires and not what’s good for everyone. It’s not conjecture that standard time is better, it’s backed up by facts, you know, statistics that show DST increases accidents and workplace errors.